Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Parting out 1971 Cutlass Supreme convertible.

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2014, 06:01 PM

I know I am Gus..... Thank you so much for the lid , now I'm one part closer to gettig her body ready.....outstanding communication , packaging everything ... Thanx to Brian for help with the packing of the lid . Great work y'all did there....
Old November 15th, 2014, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by my72olds
I know I am Gus..... Thank you so much for the lid , now I'm one part closer to gettig her body ready.....outstanding communication , packaging everything ... Thanx to Brian for help with the packing of the lid . Great work y'all did there....
Glad everything arrived undamaged Dave and thank you for the kind words. Good luck with your resto

gus
Old August 27th, 2016, 11:16 PM

need parts

442Konekilr I would like the mount for the windshield washer bottle,
Driver's wiper arm
battery mount

Thanks,
Mike
Old August 28th, 2016, 08:52 AM

Rear Seat

Do you have the rear seat and what color is the dash and do you have it .

Thank you
Old August 28th, 2016, 10:27 AM

If he doesn't answer

This thread is two years old. If he doesn't answer post your needs in the parts wanted section.
Old August 28th, 2016, 10:48 AM

I have a very nice rear seat
Old August 28th, 2016, 05:50 PM

Gus has sold everything and is out of the game. He has moved on. I know because I bought many parts from him last year and the rest in July. He is what this sight was created for, a perfect gentleman. Sorry to see him get out of the game but he's on to a new hobby. I unfortunately have nothing for sale but some 70'-72' hub caps and an original 69' 442 rear bumper which needs work and re-chrome. Didn't think to post them but if someone needs them I will post picks. Unfortunately he lived 3-1/2 hrs from me or I would have worked with him on the 71' S hardtop he was going to build. He's the kind of man you could defiantly work with on a project. Now he has more time to spend with the wife and God willing future grand children.
Old August 30th, 2016, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the story fill in Zeeke and Gary M. Yes, pretty much everything is gone. I do have an 800 cfm carb rebuilt by QJ guru Cliff Ruggles for my long gone 468 bb olds, but I plan on posting it on Real Olds power. If anyone has an interest here, these carbs are hard to come by as most QJ's are 750 cfm. This one has the bumps in the main venturi's indicating it's the 800 cfm version. The cost for the rebuild was just over $400. (I have the reciept for the service) I'd sell for $450 plus shipping. Firm. I'll probably start a "for sale" thread soon. If I don't hear from anyone here, I'll post it on ROP. If I find any other leftover parts, I'll post here, but I've only found bits and pieces... nothing of real value to date.

Thanks for your interest. I am hopeful someday I can find a turn key cutlass I can enjoy during my retirement. I really do miss my vert and it really was hard to sell/trade the hardtop and all the parts I had accumulated, but time just went by too fast for me to finish the project.

FYI: I actually traded my '71 cutlass hardtop project car for a nearly new 2012 Suzuki GSXR 750 (fuel injected, no carbs!) which is worth far more than what everyone was trying to offer me (got soooo tired of being low-balled ) so I finally have a car/parts free basement and garage and all of my car project specific tools (plasma cutter, blast cabinet, engine hoist, etc. Keeping the mig and tig welders.. who knows, maybe I'll start up a little home welding business when I retire!) have been sold as well. I have bought and sold many MC's over the years (from a 400 cc honda hawke during the 70's gas crisis to a Kawasaki ZRX1200R) and have always wanted to try a sportbike. If it turns out to be too much for my back, I'll either trade for a cruiser or sell outright and put the $ towards other projects/hobbies.

atb
Gus
Old December 23rd, 2016, 05:06 AM

i would buy the rear seat and all the door panels . But would need to find a way to ship them .i live in Florida but very interested in rear seat front panel and rear panels .
Old December 25th, 2016, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by joe olds
i would buy the rear seat and all the door panels . But would need to find a way to ship them .i live in Florida but very interested in rear seat front panel and rear panels .
As I posted in July, everything is gone except the Cliff Ruggles built 830 cfm carb. Check the post date before you respond.