Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Cutlass hood for sale

Old April 8th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Smash

Cutlass hood for sale

Came with my 72 Cutlass I spent 5 min wiping the top half just to make sure it was ok. It came up pretty good with a mild wax cleaner no reason to believe the bottom half won't do the same. It's no way perfect with some cracking around the & small chip on the scoop. Hold paint is amateur at best with some runs but overall I give it a C+ Don't really need it.

I have no idea why the pic come upside down, I've tried everything. Might have to stand on your head to get a good look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (59.0 KB, 55 views)
Old April 8th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Smash

Cutlass hood for sale

Sorry it was supposed to say gold paint is amateur at best. Also a price i forgot to mention. Know idea what it's worth I will start at $350 make an offer from there.
Old April 8th, 2014, 05:22 PM

Old April 8th, 2014, 06:30 PM

That's different, usually see the '70 OAI hood on a '69 442/Cutlass, not the '69 H/O scoops on a '72 Supreme hood.
Old April 9th, 2014, 03:58 AM
Smash

Thx for the help 68 I'm a better electrician than photographer.
Different yes been finding a lot of different during my resto. Also finding that painter all over the car. Actually the hood is some of his better work with the little hardware store spray can. Gold only the white is professional.
Old May 17th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Smash

No one needs a H/O hood ? Great shape cleans up real nice. Looking around on eBay and other sites people are selling them for 7/800 bucks. Please don't make me do the eBay thing it's painful. With our select little family here it's half price. Or make me a offer, I will even drive half way if anyone is within 100 miles from Philly. Otherwise whatever it costs me to ship is what it cost you. Real quick anyone been on EBay recently the prices some people are asking for NOS or OOSUP(old original scratched up crap) is unbelievable. How bout a pair of 71 Cutlass black bucket seats ripped to **** basically a 2 out of 10 condition $1000 they were junk. I looked at the guys store everything was triple price cause it's original stuff. He thinks he has the last ones on the planet. That's just one example saw several others. I know this stuff is getting up there but that was just plain ripping people off. Are these people nuts ? Or should I start hoarding stuff under my bed ? Like my old chrome, someone was asking $200 for 1 piece of trunk trim. Excuse me original trunk trim my bad.
Old May 17th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Smash

Messed up my own joke OOSUC old original scratched up crap.
Also this is not a Supreme hood it came with & came off my 72 Cutlass coupe.
Old May 17th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Smash

I'm now officially talking to myself just went over the hood better looks like the H/O was added to the original hood. No holes have been cut in the metal hood but the caulking around the add on is cracking. Be willing to bet I could get that off clean it up and there would be a really nice hood. Why would anyone do that. Doesn't appear it was ever function for ram or OA. If I get no responses I will remove the scoops clean it up try again.