Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Hedman shorty headers for sbo

Old February 27th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Banned

Hedman shorty headers for sbo

HEDMAN SHORTY SMALL BLOCK HEADERS FOR SALE.
These are a very nice set of headers for a small block oldsmobile.
Pics are available with a email address or cell number.
These will include a set of aluminum forever seal collector gaskets from flowtech.
140.00 plus the ride.
Old February 27th, 2014, 05:29 PM

Headers

I am going to buy some headers for my Supreme Conv. I would like to see what these look like. While looking for some on the web I noticed that some will not fit Supremes only Cutlass. I am assuming these are not ceramic coated for 140.
stewartsw30@gmail.com. Send some pics please.
I see your site name is 65 glide. Do you have one? I just bought one in NC and will go pick it up next week. Would love to pick your brain for any info you have about them.

Stewart
Old February 27th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Stewartsw30
While looking for some on the web I noticed that some will not fit Supremes only Cutlass.
Stewart - the hype that's being posted that headers that fit a Cutlass or Cutlass S won't fit a Cutlass Supreme is totally bogus. The frame/engine mounts and engines used for any of these models is exactly the same from year to year. Don't listen to those bloggers; this topic has been discussed many times over on this site with all the same conclusion: The headers for a 350 Cutlass will fit a 350 Supreme, and the headers for a 455 Cutlass will also fit a 455 Supreme. Period.

All these cars from the cowl forward are mechanically the same and have exactly the same clearance issues.
Old February 27th, 2014, 05:50 PM

Thanks Allan. Jegs and Summit racing is where I saw that. Didn't really make sense to me, but didn't want to take any chances.
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Banned

These were on my 72 cutlass supreme. I went with long headers when I had my exhaust built. They have 50 miles on them. I had them "jet" coated. To be honest it looked more like a really thick spray paint to me, but it did not burn off or discolor at all. The driver side has several scratches on it because that side is a pain in the *** to put on.
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Banned

I will send you some fresh pics in the am.
Old February 27th, 2014, 11:20 PM

Pix of shorty headers while on car w/ detailed shots of clearances of starter, motor mounts ect?
Old February 28th, 2014, 06:22 AM
NôôB

if that falls through i might be interested in them

sicto1983(a)yahoo.com
Old February 28th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Banned

C-10- no longer on car sorry. They did not hit motor mounts, starter. They were closest to the rear corner of the a arms.
Old February 28th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Banned

Headers are sold.
Old February 28th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Hookers under Hood

Someone got an awesome deal Jet coated hedman shorties for $140. I paid $780 CDN for hedman shorty ceramic coated, I should have held off for a deal on CO.
Old March 1st, 2014, 08:24 AM

I was looking for headers for my 69 Cutlass S, 350 rocket. Each one I seen said will not fit. Any suggestions on the right ones for my car?
Old March 1st, 2014, 08:35 AM
Hookers under Hood

Allan seems to know his stuff when It come to fitment of the headers as stated up I'm sure he will chime in and give you good sound advice for your 69. Try posting your question under small blocks , You will get more response as it will be your own thread.
Eric
Old March 1st, 2014, 08:53 AM
Banned

Headers

Buyer- UPS will be here Monday by 10am to pick these up. Tried to get them today, but they do not pick up in Wickliffe on Saturdays. I hope you enjoy them. Jim Foster
Old March 1st, 2014, 09:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Her69olds
I was looking for headers for my 69 Cutlass S, 350 rocket. Each one I seen said will not fit. Any suggestions on the right ones for my car?
I don't know who you were looking at or talking to. Have a look at this link from Summit. I used 69 Olds Cutlass 350 in my search and as you can see there are plenty of choices. There are 12 listed just for Oldsmobile. Spend as much or little as you want. I just noticed they offer free shipping on 10 of them. It's also a good idea to verify the headers by calling their toll free number just to be sure. Hope this helps.

FYI, the 68-72 frames, engine mounts and front clip all basically have the same clearances when dealing with headers. The only issues you will have are related to tight fit around the starter and dip tube during the install.
Old March 1st, 2014, 09:59 AM
Banned

Allan as always has the right stuff. Thanks for helping out!
Old March 31st, 2014, 08:08 AM
NôôB

Glide65: I dont know why you are ignoring my emails but I have never received the headers, can i get a tracking number or something so i know when they are "Supposedly" showing up?

Posting on here because my emails are being ignored and figured i might be able to get a response on here.
Old April 4th, 2014, 06:47 AM
NôôB

Please avoid dealing with this man at all costs, he never sent me the headers, or a tracking number... Last contact i have had with him was on the 13th of March when he sent me an email that said this:

Tom- Ups never showed up! I mailed it priority mail on the 9th. I am at work at the moment and do not have the tracking numbers with me. I'll send them to you when I get home.
I'm very sorry for your wait, this was beyond my control. I hope your friend enjoys them. Jim

This is the first time i have ever been burned on this site with buying something, sad part is i was buying these for a friend and they werent even for me. Again i repeat avoid dealing with JAMES FOSTER he will most likely scam you.

Second thing to remember NEVER EVER EVER (unless you have dealt with them before or trust them) send money through the family/friends option to avoid the fee, you can not reclaim your money back at all...

Its people like this man that make people so untrustworthy of dealing business with online...

If the headers magically show up then i will be happy to take this down but until then i will leave this here.