Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Rally pack gauge

Search this Thread

Old December 24th, 2013, 05:15 AM

Rally pack gauge

SOLD

Rally pack fuel, oil, temperature gauge. Not tachometer.

$200 or best offer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20131216_203703.jpg (44.6 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg
20131216_203716.jpg (53.8 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by oldsmobilty; December 24th, 2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: sold
Old December 24th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Looking for 71-72 Cutlass

PM sent
Old December 24th, 2013, 06:23 AM

PM sent,

WILL TAKE IT

Steve
Old December 24th, 2013, 06:48 AM

Pm's replied
Old December 24th, 2013, 08:36 AM

Sold
Old December 24th, 2013, 09:55 AM

money send, included $10 for shipping

Merry Christmas

STeve
Old December 26th, 2013, 08:02 AM

PM sent about your returned payment for this Rally Pac gauge that I sent on Christmas Eve, and our agreement for purchase prior to this posting.

Last edited by anthonyP; December 26th, 2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old December 26th, 2013, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by anthonyP
PM sent about your returned payment for this Rally Pac gauge that I sent on Christmas Eve, and our agreement for purchase prior to this posting.
Old December 27th, 2013, 07:33 AM

Hopefully will receive a response as to my inquiry as to why I paid for the Rally Pac gauge, as agreed upon before this posting, but it was sold to someone else.
Old December 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM

That doesn't sound like a very nice way to conduct business?
Old December 27th, 2013, 10:55 AM

Let me start by saying money talks. You were offered this gauge on 12/12/2013. After your first attempt to haggle me on the price I broke off any communication. You went out of your way to email me. So I then responded to your email. You gave a me some long story about transferring money from your bank account to PayPal that took a couple days. Anyone that knows PayPal knows that a transfer from your bank account to PayPal is an instant transfer. Then you emailed me saying your wife spent money at Target so there was some hold up on this transfer that should have been instant. I never agreed to hold it for you that's what you assumed. It took you about 10 emails or more to make 1 transaction. Now that's what I call not a good way to conduct business. It took StickW31, 1 PM and that was it. Then and only then did you send the payment that you had been promising for 12 days. That is why your money was refunded. As far as the comment goes about bad business, bad business would have been no refund. After I notified you I would be posting the gauge on the thread, you came up with this agreement with yourself to pay on 12/24. No response from me doesn't mean I agreed to your arrangement. I had a guy drive from 4 hours away and pick up some wheels in a faster time.

I tried to refrain from making this a soap opera but any one that was any questions can PM or email me.

A big thanks to StickW31 for the speedy payment and response hope you enjoy.

This is not the first or last time I will do business on here I have made some excellent purchases and sales.

The way I conduct business is like this. Until I receive your payment it's still for sale. Unless you're sending a money order and I don't take money orders so that won't be a problem.

Last edited by oldsmobilty; December 27th, 2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: grammar
Old December 27th, 2013, 03:24 PM
MOTORHEAD

i will pay with
legal tender
usps script
love thy slf

Last edited by 11971four4two; December 27th, 2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old December 27th, 2013, 06:25 PM

Dear oldsmobilty,

At least with Bank of America, you must schedule for a transfer of money from BOA to PayPal, which is NEVER the same day, and may take up to three days according to the day and time scheduled. Unfortunately, I do not have the extra funds to keep in my PayPal account for when parts become available, but need to transfer money from my bank account when the need arises.

When you sent me a message that you had the Rally Pac gauge that I was looking for, I asked how much you asking for it. You replied $150. As with probably the majority of the enthusiasts on the website, I made a counter offer. When it was refused, I agreed to the pay the $150, as I have been looking for a long time for a Rally Pac gauge pod and did not want to lose the chance to buy it.

When I sent you a message on 12/22 about the transfer hold-up, you sent a message on 12/23 - Ok. Let me know. If not I'll make other plans - which I sent a message that SAME day to you, 12/23, that BOA finally scheduled the transfer for 12/24, which the $150 was promptly transferred to your PayPal account on that date as noted.

I was flabbergasted when I received a message from PayPal stating that Aaron's Autobody and Paint Refinishing refunded my payment of $150 for the Rally Pac gauge with a Note from Merchant - Some already paid for it $60 more.

Besides finally finding the Rally Pac gauge, or it finding me, I was happy that it was an extra one that oldsmobilty had, as I do not want to break up another complete set of Rally Pac gauges just to make mine complete.

It was your gauge and you could do whatever you wanted with it, but I think I held up my part of the agreement to purchase it.

Hopefully, I will find another Rally Pac gauge pod in the near future so that I can replace the original one that was stolen from our storage shed, along with some other parts, which were to be used in the rebuilding of my brother's totaled '71 442.

I hope you all the best during this Christmas season, and the forthcoming New Year.

Sincerely,
Anthony

Originally Posted by oldsmobilty
Let me start by saying money talks. You were offered this gauge on 12/12/2013. After your first attempt to haggle me on the price I broke off any communication. You went out of your way to email me. So I then responded to your email. You gave a me some long story about transferring money from your bank account to PayPal that took a couple days. Anyone that knows PayPal knows that a transfer from your bank account to PayPal is an instant transfer. Then you emailed me saying your wife spent money at Target so there was some hold up on this transfer that should have been instant. I never agreed to hold it for you that's what you assumed. It took you about 10 emails or more to make 1 transaction. Now that's what I call not a good way to conduct business. It took StickW31, 1 PM and that was it. Then and only then did you send the payment that you had been promising for 12 days. That is why your money was refunded. As far as the comment goes about bad business, bad business would have been no refund. After I notified you I would be posting the gauge on the thread, you came up with this agreement with yourself to pay on 12/24. No response from me doesn't mean I agreed to your arrangement. I had a guy drive from 4 hours away and pick up some wheels in a faster time.

I tried to refrain from making this a soap opera but any one that was any questions can PM or email me.

A big thanks to StickW31 for the speedy payment and response hope you enjoy.

This is not the first or last time I will do business on here I have made some excellent purchases and sales.

The way I conduct business is like this. Until I receive your payment it's still for sale. Unless you're sending a money order and I don't take money orders so that won't be a problem.
Old December 27th, 2013, 06:32 PM
MOTORHEAD

brake that down

please
Old December 27th, 2013, 06:46 PM

Sent to me by another member:

I've been watching this unfold and just have to comment on behalf of Oldsmobility. I have sold things here as well. If someone is interested, they buy, not hem and haw about it for days/weeks. Its become a redundancy with Anthony where I spent several emails, photo's and phone calls with him to purchase several parts he was "definitely interested" in to no avail. It has become a "pm sent" sale section with no sales with him
Old December 27th, 2013, 06:53 PM

I apologize to anyone that is here for this site's intended purpose and has to see this child's play in a place that is for classic oldsmobile conversation, information, parts buying and selling.