Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

C heads in Phoenix/Tucson

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2013, 10:06 AM

C heads in Phoenix/Tucson

I rebuilt my 455 and am now using Procomps, so I have no need for these heads anymore.

The heads will basically need everything done to them to make them usable, which helped to justify the cost of the swap to aluminum heads. They have been machined for 2.07/1.71 valves, but are completely bare now. They had valve recession issues and will need hardened seats installed for sure. The guides probably should also be replaced. I'm also sure that they've been milled at least a little from my previous rebuild. These were originally big valve heads from a '68 Toro. The ports are stock other than the work for the larger valves.

I'll be scrapping these unless somebody wants them, so all I want is scrap value plus something to cover gas if I have to meet somebody - $20 probably unless I have to drive a long distance. The heads are in NW Phoenix, but I travel between there and Tucson regularly, so I can bring them to Tucson, as well.

Being how heavy they are, I'm sure it's not worth the cost and hassle of shipping them. Just thought I'd see if anybody has a use for them.

I'll be up in Phoenix on Friday if anybody wants some pictures of them.