Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 w-30 328 duration cam NOS GM

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2013, 06:23 AM

1970 w-30 328 duration cam NOS GM

I bought a NOS GM cam for my 1970 442 w-30 4 speed 30 years ago. I rebuilt the engine and never used the cam. Although high priced, this is for the perfect restoration or person that wants the authentic sound to their rebuild. Has correct GM part number and is guaranteed really really hard to find. $450 shipped Lee It will also be on ebay soon.
Old October 10th, 2013, 06:41 AM

Boy, wish i had a 455 engine that i could use this bad-boy for.
Old October 10th, 2013, 07:26 AM

Curious

Originally Posted by Tony72Cutlass'S'
Boy, wish i had a 455 engine that i could use this bad-boy for.
Why?. Who starts with a cam & builds an engine around it?.

That old grind has nostalgic value but from a performance point of view that cam will under perform compared to modern cam profiles.
Old October 10th, 2013, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave
Why?. Who starts with a cam & builds an engine around it?.

That old grind has nostalgic value but from a performance point of view that cam will under perform compared to modern cam profiles.
I'm all about nostalgic value,

if i had a w-30 cam i'd put all original w-30 parts into it too, so it'd run like factory.
Old October 10th, 2013, 07:42 AM

more

if i had a w-30 cam i'd put all original w-30 parts into it too, so it'd run like factory.
Yes if you had a 70 W-30 then it is worth considering. I understand that. But your original post was that you wished you had a 455 for this cam; as in any 455 for which this cam is a poor choice compared to others.
Old October 10th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave
Yes if you had a 70 W-30 then it is worth considering. I understand that. But your original post was that you wished you had a 455 for this cam; as in any 455 for which this cam is a poor choice compared to others.
Dave is right. But if you want to have it run "like factory", you can still get the same grind on a new cam any day of the week for less $$. Exactly the same specs and performance and nobody would see it to know whether it is NOS or new. This NOS cam is for someone who is willing to pay more just to have an NOS part. Of course the minute you fire up an NOS cam, it is no longer new. UOS.
Old October 10th, 2013, 11:31 AM

Hey guys, this is a part for sale ad that is legit. We can discuss specs performance and value on another post. I am just trying to sell a part and there are purists that want original parts good or bad. Certain owners see value in original parts. The discussing here is not appropriate for a guy trying to sell a part. If I was building my engine for my car I would have preferred to use this cam to assure the correct sound when idling. This is not for the hot rod olds guy or modified w-30 car. I will take it to ebay you guys have roughed me up enough but I try to communicate with my friends at co first. Thanks Lee
Old October 10th, 2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by joesw31
lee,

the camshaft sounds great, and i am sure there is a home out there for it. Good luck with your sale.
x2
Old October 10th, 2013, 01:23 PM

Thank you. That is the CO family I appreciate. Lee
Old October 10th, 2013, 01:43 PM
morgan

Originally Posted by leepear
Hey guys, this is a part for sale ad that is legit. We can discuss specs performance and value on another post. I am just trying to sell a part and there are purists that want original parts good or bad. Certain owners see value in original parts. The discussing here is not appropriate for a guy trying to sell a part. If I was building my engine for my car I would have preferred to use this cam to assure the correct sound when idling. This is not for the hot rod olds guy or modified w-30 car. I will take it to ebay you guys have roughed me up enough but I try to communicate with my friends at co first. Thanks Lee
I dont see how your roughed up...its just talk, the part speaks for itself and your price is fair
Old October 10th, 2013, 02:55 PM

parts sale

Let me apologize to Lee if you were in some way offended by my posts. That was never my intention & I am confused how it could ever have been taken in that light.

The parts are yours' to sell at what ever price you set regardless of what I or anyone else thinks of the asking price. I was merely pointing out to another forum member that his enthusiasm for this cam in a random 455 build was misguided.

For anyone needing your NOS 308 cam for its' intended original application then the cam is a rare & desirable find. I wish you well with the sale.

Thread closed for me.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 03:03 PM

Cam is sold. Thanks Lee