Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Bucket, Bench & Rear seat padding & spring rebuild kits

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Ben

Bucket, Bench & Rear seat padding & spring rebuild kits

I've posted this in peices before, but combining now that i've got the contents and prices worked out...
I have a hobby business recovering seats for classic cars, but I also like to assist do-it-yourselfers- and after a few requests from the various forums i post on, I have started selling the materials I use in my work that are hard to obtain in small amounts.

Burlap, 1/4" thick jute pad, 1" thick cotton batting, 8ga & 11ga zig-zag spring for GM seats, 18ga cardboard covered wire, 9ga edge wires, spring clips... etc etc-

Essentially All stuff that goes UNDER the new foam & covers.

Feel free to ping me here or by e-mail ben@classicseat.com (mention you saw the posting here) if you have custom needs, or would like something else/extra included in the kit or changed. I make these to order.

-------

1964-72 Bucket seat padding kit $100 (free shipping to lower 48 US)

* pre-cut Burlap (enough for 2 buckets)
* pre-cut Jute padding (enough for 2 buckets)
* Cotton batting strips (goes on top of the foam bolsters before the covers gets pulled on to fill listing wire creases)
* (3) 26" zig-zag springs (These are the correct sized springs for GM seats! Cut as needed to repair broken springs or bend up your own replacement front or side support springs
* (2) 8' cardboard covered wires- Used inside new seat cover edge sleeves & bolster listing sleeves to attach to seat frame.
* (26) large spring clips for attaching the zig-zag springs

**** Note- Certain year cars have different listing wire configurations (71/72 442 has no bolster listing wires for example)- if you have one of these, please let me know and I will include full 25x25 jute pad's instead of the pre-cut ones for use with the typical side bolster listings.

-------------------------------
1964-72 Bench Seat or Rear seat kit w/o Cotton batting $100 (free shipping to lower 48)

This kit is designed for folks who are re-using their original cotton, or planning to use one of the pre-molded foams available.

Kit includes:
This Kit Contains:
* (2) 66" Burlap- enough to cover Upper and lower cushions for *most Bench seats & rear seats.
* (2) 66" Jute felt- enough to cover Upper and lower cushions for *most Bench seats & rear seats
* (3) 26" 8ga zig-zag springs (These are the correct sized springs for GM seats! Cut & bend as needed to repair broken springs.
* (3) 8' cardboard covered wires- Used inside new seat cover edge sleeves to install seat covers- originals are often rusted and un-useable
* (26) large spring clips for attaching the zig-zag springs

Materials are rough cut to fit many year Bench & Rear seats. Final trimming for your application will be required.

-----------------
1964-72 Bench Seat or Rear seat kit WITH Cotton batting $185 (free shipping to lower 48)

The contents of this one are the same as the previous, except this also includes 16 yards of 1" thick cotton batting- Enough for 4 layers per cushion. Plenty to restore the look & feel of your bench or rear seats.
Old March 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM

where can I find the outer skin material? This would be for strato buckets and back seat, light blue for a 1966 starfire
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Ben

Bringing back to the top... I am still making these kits, and also have raw zig zag spring & 9ga spring steel rod for forming the spring assemblys, and can custom make repair peices as needed.

e-mail me with your seat supply needs!
ben@classicseat.com
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:58 PM

For those of you who don't know him, RAMBOW is a great person. He really helped me out with installing the seat kits on my car, and did it for free. If I am ever in the market again, I would buy from him
Old July 26th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Ben

ttt. I'm still selling these padding kits. if you are considering redoing your buckets yourself (and you should, it aint rocket science!) you will need this stuff!