Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

72 442 Roller,whole or parts

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2012, 09:12 AM

72 442 Roller,whole or parts

Not sure what to do with this thing.I have a 72 442 hardtop that was basicly stripped & gutted,and made into a budget drag car.This could be made into a nice car,but it would need 1/4's & a trunk pan.The car is from Georgia,and still has the GA title.The frame is real nice,not pitted,scaly or butchered.The floors are good,with only the holes where the rollbar goes through.It did have buckets/console,and the brackets are still there on the floor,but there are also additional holes drilled for race buckets.No door panels,no seats,just a cracked dash,and the original clock.Very nice doors & rockers.Original non-AC car,with rust-free cowl.All the heater parts have been removed.

fender is a 71-72 and very nice.The passenger side fender is a 70,but shows a decent amount of work in it.The core support could be used for a driver,or kept for a drag car.It is solid enough,but not for a nice car.The stone shield & headlight plastics are all good.The original 442 grilles are driver quality,but could be restored for something nicer.They have some cracks,and each of them have a portion of the upper rail broke off.The trunklid is from a 70,and is decent enough for a drag car,but does show signs of rust on the topside,and there are wing holes that were filled.Manual steering box.New manual disc brake kit,not even had fluid in it yet.I also have an OEM disc brake set-up,from another 72.Good front & rear bumpers.Nice tail light lenses,etc.All the glass is good. The car was originally silver with black top & black interior.It is now white,and looks as if someone used basic enamel & a generic sprayer.It looks OK if you stay away from it.If someone wanted to save this thing,I could include a bunch of parts with it,or change some things.The 1/4's were poorly done with many gallons of filler,and not done well at all.I have a new 7-piece trunkpan kit that I could include as well.
I can make this a complete car/project,if someone was interested.

Last edited by 507OLDS; December 11th, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old December 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM

Interested in the 442 grilles......can you please email me some pictures.....

Knoble1971@gmail.com
Old December 13th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

i would want the fenders but i got no cash i would trade for my fiberglass fenders from glasstek. Figure if someone wants it as a drag car they would be ahead of the game with the glass fenders.
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:39 PM

I should know by the weekend,if I am going to part this out.I have a few people coming to look at it,so we'll see what happens.