KEEP THE PEACE AROUND HERE!!!

Old February 26th, 2008, 12:27 PM
2Blue 55

KEEP THE PEACE AROUND HERE!!!

Okay, I would first like to say we had a BIG problem over at the antique radio forum where everything went to hell... Members got pissed and left, Moderators got the blame, And everyone suffered, Especially moderators cause they is damed if they do and damned if they don't.

It all started the same way with an attack on another member. I think we all know the thread I am talking about... We all have the right to express our feelings, But I feel that this was a cruel and childish way to express your feelings. (but again this is only my opinion and I do not hold it against people, I hope others will do the same in return). I enjoy this place very much as I am home with nothing to do an awful lot of the time, I am hoping I'll have some more time to commit to it... And i would really hate to see people get hurt and leave here. Not only do we loose people, but knowledge as well... There is too much negative criticism, we need the constructive kind now... And if you do not like a posters comment there is no one forcing you to reply to it so please feel free to keep going the next time this happens to you...

So for all of our sake lets try to keep it at least somewhat civil, I would really hate to see this place turned into a **** forum, As one **** thread is bad enough... Am i the only one here thinking this?

My thanks goes out to norm for contributing his wealth of knowledge to help us solve our problems... And with any luck the next question I have about something I'll get "normed" as some of you enjoy calling it...

Thanks,
Robert
Old February 26th, 2008, 01:46 PM

I agree, this place rocks !
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:39 PM

I concur, the site and the knowledge to be shared on it are too valuable to risk losing.
Old February 26th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I have been a member of this site for a little over a year. I visit some of the other Olds sites but I like this one the best. I have learned from them all but this one suits me best. I have had two 72 Cutlass Supreme convertibles and the current one for 15 years. I am the first year of the baby boomers so I am not a youngster. I have been a car nut forever and my wife of almost 42 years knows she was not my first love. Cars were. Most have been the bow tie brand which I am not ashamed of. The things I have learned are Oldsmobiles are really different and better. One of the things I like about this site is the tolenence of youngsters. They ask some questions that some of us old timers find amusing. Thank goodness for their interest and how else are they going to learn? There are guys on here that have years and years of Oldsmobile knowledge which they are willing to share. I think Joe P. must have a computer chip implanted in his head to know what he knows. I have seen his post on here and one other site and continue to be amazed at what he knows and the number of year models it spans. I would like to see the personal insults stop. Don't insult somebody for their spelling or typing or grammar. This is not an English class. If somebody has a problem with somebody else, use a PM to resolve it. Come on guys, we all love our Oldsmobiles and that is what this is all about. Thanks to all of you who share your knowledge and keep it coming.

Glenn Hargrove
aka redoldsman