Other Oldsmobiles Anything not listed above, such as F-85 (1961-1963), Firenza (1982-1988), Starfire (1961-66 and 1975-80), Omega, etc.

1978 Olds Omega - Project Car

Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:24 PM

1978 Olds Omega - Project Car

Anyone interested in putting a one of a kind hot rod together? I have been in the process now for about 8 years of putting a 1978 Olds Omega together. So I found an Olds 455 out of a 1972 Delta 88. The engine has been boiled and cleaned, plus I have also bored the pistons out 0.30 over too. The heads have also been cleaned and bored out also for more airflow. So far the only thing in the engine is the steal crankshaft, pistons, rings, and camshaft. I spent some time on the camshaft (I have it as close to the W-31 as I could get it.) Finally, the rest of the parts to the engine are still in their original boxes or plastic as purchased. Now the 400 automatic transmission or drive train is set up to be used on the floor (factory setup).
Moving on I completely had the exterior redone and painted about 5 to 6 years ago. I needed to have the rear quarters replaced along with the wheel tubs. Both sides on cars were pretty bad after 18 years of having the car. I changed the color from a dark red to a real glossy red. While the body work was being done the gentleman also did the engine compartment and undercoated the car too. Right now all that would really need to be done to bring it alive again is a light wet sanding and shot again with some of the same paint.
When I bought the car it had white vinyl interior with a white Landau top. But when I had the body work being done I changed the color of the interior to black. Before I close up on this I want to let you know that I do have many other spare parts (write and I can tell you what I have.) But for someone that is really looking to put some time, effort, and fun into a car I wanted to make sure they knew what has been done to it so far. I would really like to get at least $3000.00 obo - for the car, engine, and all the extra parts that I have for it. I know I have allot more invested in it then what I will get out of it. That is why I am also willing to split the engine and car apart for the right price to. Pictures are available but I could not get them to attach to the add.

Thank you for your time.
Old September 25th, 2011, 01:06 PM

78 Omega Project Car

I was really hoping someone would finish a car like this. I have done ton to my Omega and just can't get the time to put the 468 in it. I was planning on keeping the a/c and having a cool street strip car. Not complaining but my job has worked me more hours already this year than all of last year, and I worked forty to fifty every week last year. Finally have the money to finish it right and now no time. I plan to sell mine with the V/6 in it. This is a good buy for someone, and the 78 has front steering so it will be the one to put a big block in. I have set my big block in it and the A body headers fit like they were made for it. May I ask why you changed your mind? Good luck with the sell of the car.