Non-Oldsmobile Classified Please read forum guidelines before posting.

F/S 1960 Ford Fairlane,custom GNRS winner, multiple magazine featured...

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2016, 03:06 AM

[SOLD] F/S 1960 Ford Fairlane,custom GNRS winner, multiple magazine featured...

[THIS RIDE IS SOLD]

located in northern bergen county, new jersey [35 min from nyc]...

$23k...

...or will straight trade, or trade up with up to $20k additional funds, for a '69 - '71 442 hardtop or ragtop turnkey car...
i don't care for matching numbers, rare factory optioned car but must have bucket seats/console, automatic with ps and pb... cold working a/c and 12 bolt posi strongly preferred, as is 455/th400 [or aftermarket overdrive] drivetrain combo, doesn't need to be factory original but must be sorted out ready to drive anywhere, as is...
must also be mechanically/cosmetically in excellent condition with no issues...
how much i'd pay on top of the trade of course depends on the car involved, its options, whether it's a convertible or ht, etc...

this ride is a 1st place class winner at the 2010 'grand national roadster show', full features [article/photos, including exclusive cover] in 4 magazines between 2010 - 2012, including 'rod & custom' mag.... to say it garners attention everytime i drive or park it is an understatement....

car is a handbuilt full kustom by a 'kkoa' [kustom kemps of america] hall of fame builder/painter... not a cookie-cutter catalog built car but a traditionally built ride along late 50s/early '60s midwest custom school....
car had much of its steel replaced with ford nos/like new parts prior to its custom fabrication....

just about every inch of its steel has been modified/fabricated to improve factory lines, including extended trunk by about 10" [the entire rear roofline of the cab was moved forward], fins extended by 2", wheel wells/fenders were flared, reshaped and re-radiused to fit the car's lines, peaked hood with portholes, custom molded grill housing with custom stainless floating grill, etc., etc, etc...

car has been slammed, sectioned, shaved, nosed, decked, peaked and frenched, in the kustom vernacular....

it has custom white tuck'n'roll interior with custom modified/painted dash and panels, including the control switches and steering wheel/column.......

the drivetrain is from a restored '67 mustang gt fastback: 289ci engine, c4 auto, 9" rear end... the engine and engine bay is left 'factory looking' along the period correct custom school....

i had vintage air a/c unit added along with a power brake conversion after i purchased it....a period correct vintage air a/c console is mounted under the dash...

unbelievable custom purple violet paintjob with 'fades', white pearl with silver flake on the roof/interior.... dashboard pinstriped by a legendary hot rod/custom artist....
much more....

this is a custom with a pedigree, both in builder as well as owner, whom i directly purchased it from in sept 2011... built to dazzle but also to be a true daily driver...i've put about 300 miles on it since i purchased it, mainly local car shows miles....

i'm a quadriplegic in a wheelchair since 1990 and no longer able to get into/out of this ride without help hence the ride is no longer practical... must sell to buy a driver i can still use on my own...
i hate newer cars, refuse to drive/own anything made after '71 or so... the only cars i can still get into/out of on my own is pretty much the '68 - '72 gm 'a-body' platform and by personal aesthetic preference i limit my choices to '68 - '69 chevelle ss and the '69 - '71 442, ht or convertible, in that category...

the car has hand controls installed but without any modifications to the interior and the controls can be easily removed wiithin 5 minutes... car is also perfectly driveable in a normal mode via pedals with controls installed...

a custom made high end car cover by 'california car covers', with cable/lock is included [snow/rain proof yet ultralight and breathable]...cost me around $450 alone...
i'm basically selling it for what it would cost to paint this car but i need to buy my next driver and start driving/commuting asap.......

prefer local to me buyers, especially if a trade for your 442 is involved but can work with long distance buyers if you're willing to have someone on your behalf check out the car and take care of shipping issues...

thanks for looking - jerzy...

Last edited by jerzy; May 13th, 2017 at 01:25 AM. Reason: sold the car
Old July 7th, 2016, 03:12 AM

more pics...

some more photos of magazine features, and from this year....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
mags2.jpg (426.5 KB, 7 views)
mags01.jpg (254.1 KB, 5 views)
mags1.jpg (421.9 KB, 6 views)
mags02.jpg (318.6 KB, 5 views)
mags4.jpg (330.9 KB, 6 views)
mags5.jpg (418.4 KB, 5 views)
mags5c.jpg (313.5 KB, 5 views)
mags9.jpg (297.1 KB, 6 views)
mags8.jpg (305.9 KB, 5 views)
ad-mags8.jpg (46.4 KB, 5 views)
mags3.jpg (357.7 KB, 3 views)
mags7.jpg (158.6 KB, 3 views)
mags6.jpg (206.1 KB, 3 views)
Old July 7th, 2016, 03:38 AM

more pics...

a few more most recent pics from few weeks ago at a local cruise... i included a shot of interior to show the a/c console, but pay no attention to the clutter of mags and stuff on the seat and floor, it makes the interior look more busy than it really is... it's a very cleanly designed custom interior, minimalistic yet opulent and very aesthetically pleasant to look at and sit in...
my hand controls [to the lower left of the wheel/column], and the 'palm grip' device mounted to the steering wheel, are also visible...

Last edited by jerzy; July 7th, 2016 at 03:40 AM.
Old August 18th, 2016, 04:12 AM

i'll be driving this ride to the upcomig 4-day dmc's "wild weekend" car show - in mahwah, nj - on friday and saturday evening [sept 2 & 3] and hang out there for a few hours on each of those dates... most likely around 6pm - 11pm...

so if you're planning to go there and are in the market for a killer custom, look for my ride parked in either the left or right showgrounds' parking lot, close to the mahwah sheraton's main entrance... if i'm not next to it at the time and you'll want to take a test drive, i'll have my cell phone# listed on the for sale sign in the front seat, just ring me up when you're there...

if you're unfamiliar with the dead man's curve car club's 'wild weekend' gig you ought to hit it up at least once....

it's a recently started [5 year anniversary this year] kickass hot rod/custom car show taking place each year during the labor day weekend.... lasts from thursday until sunday and every year more cars show up from all over u.s....
i believe there will be close to [or more than] 2,000 rides this year... it's an antidote gig to the long-in-the-tooth 'lead east' show which happens at the same time and have been steadily deteriorating in quality as of the few past years....

the cut off year for cars allowed is 1971 [pre '72] and around 1/6 or so of cars there are late '60s-early 70s muscle rides; including olds cars....
family friendly gig with constant live bands playing rockabilly/50s/60s music, plenty of attractions, historic hot rod/custom cars display in an indoor showroom, celebrities from car scene and car movies, plenty of food, exhaust pipe cacking/rapping contest, etc., etc.... they'll even have several well known/historic racing 'funny cars' and rail dragsters getting their nitro engines started up simultaneously in a row... fun times....

http://deadmanscurveusa.com/main/
https://www.facebook.com/Dead-Mans-Curve-LLC-323534420627/

here's a full clip of 'my classic car' episode which covered the 2014 show:

actually i was there every year since this gig began, and so in 2014 with both my rides btw and you can catch my '60 fairlane with dennis gage making a 'wow' face right at my fairlane, right at the 10:15 - 10:17 mark on that clip above... also, catch my ex- big white, hoodless '36 stude hot rod and this '60 farlane custom parked next to each other in the background, towards the end of the program before credits when dennis is riding a period bicycle next to a pretty girl [actually a then newly engaged abd since married girl of a member of the 'dmc' car club who put this show on, whom i both know], at the 14:51 - 15:00 time mark.... i was nearly dying from a heatstroke in my a/c'd hotel room when dennis and his crew were filming rides for his show so only my friend was there at the time and showed him my rides while telling him more about them...i'd likely get on the show with my rides as features if i would've been there in person...

Last edited by jerzy; November 27th, 2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old November 27th, 2016, 12:07 AM

still for sale and/or trade....

well, i could only spend 2 hours on saturday, and 1 hour on sunday, during that the dmc show during this past labor day weekend, so no joy with any exposure to potential buyers....

the ride is still for sale and i'm pasting several more pics of it here, taken at that gig by a huge fan of my ride who spotted it as i pulled into the show... some interior and engine compartment shots, areas which lack the most coverage in pics i posted previously in my posts above....
Attached Images
x52.jpg (385.7 KB, 6 views)
x30.jpg (432.1 KB, 2 views)
x32.jpg (331.3 KB, 2 views)
x62.jpg (225.2 KB, 3 views)
x05b.jpg (445.1 KB, 2 views)
x04.jpg (325.5 KB, 2 views)
x06.jpg (353.0 KB, 4 views)
x07.jpg (246.0 KB, 2 views)
x12.jpg (130.9 KB, 2 views)
x15.jpg (158.3 KB, 2 views)
x36.jpg (228.7 KB, 3 views)
x45.jpg (55.7 KB, 1 views)
x46.jpg (49.3 KB, 1 views)
x48.jpg (198.0 KB, 1 views)
x37b.jpg (228.2 KB, 1 views)
x50.jpg (44.0 KB, 1 views)
x44.jpg (54.5 KB, 1 views)
x20.jpg (103.7 KB, 2 views)
x22.jpg (41.8 KB, 1 views)
x19.jpg (162.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by jerzy; November 27th, 2016 at 12:15 AM.
Old November 27th, 2016, 12:13 AM

more pix....

here you can see the trunk opening set-up with the inside trunk release handle next to the driver's seat... it's mechanical/non-electric, operated by a cable routed under the carpet into the trunk, for reliability; so one can access tthe trunk contents even in case of a dead battery.....

last pic is the extreme close up of some minor [surface only] scratches from my wheelchair on the driver's side bottom rocker, just below the ddoor....
Attached Images
x23.jpg (57.4 KB, 2 views)
x23b.jpg (170.9 KB, 2 views)
x64.jpg (330.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by jerzy; November 27th, 2016 at 12:18 AM.