Olds 394 dual exhaust manifold

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:23 PM

Olds 394 dual exhaust manifold

These are pretty rare. This is both of em. I am not the seller, just passing it along.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Oldsmob...-/151033404629
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:57 PM

I am sure they will go for quite a bit. Everyone wants the drivers side one just bec it makes putting in the dual exhaust easier (fewer bends) compared to the 62 manifold.
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:15 AM

Nice, should go quick! Also just found this one too, looks mint!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1963-Ol...51033404629%26
Old April 26th, 2013, 10:04 AM

I am still debating on going this route or not. Does having the weird bend on the stock exhaust manifold make that big a difference? I just know that these things are going to be pricey as heck.
Old April 26th, 2013, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by viper771
I am still debating on going this route or not. Does having the weird bend on the stock exhaust manifold make that big a difference? I just know that these things are going to be pricey as heck.
After doing a ton of searching and reading, it's a MUST have if your doing a dual exhaust system, the stock header dumps out towards the front of the car and you would have to loop the exhaust somehow under the suspension, steering rack or control arm to get it back towards the rear of the car. Just no other way around it, the starfire shoots right out the back and makes a perfect route. Blah! That's why everyone wants one, so it's pretty much starfire left side manifold for dual exhaust or no dual exhaust.
Old April 26th, 2013, 11:39 AM

The stock drivers side exhaust manifold on a 62 394 has an opening more toward the middle/ frontish of the manifold, instead of the rear on the 63 ones. A previous owner of my Starfire put in single exhaust, which loops the around the front of the engine. It seems the trouble is more with the exhaust places trying to use their imagination in hooking up the stock manifolds to a new system due to the bends on the drivers side. See the picts I added (it is a 62 with the stock dual exhaust system). In reality it doesn't seem to be that big a deal if you can either order a bolt in system from a vendor who has all the bends good to go, or find a place that is willing to do the bends. It is just easier with the 63 manifold but as you can see you will pay for it. If I stick with the stock manifold, I may just try to make a heat shield for the starter or put some kind of wrap on the pipe right there so it doesn't cook the starter too much. At this point, I have so much other stuff to do on the car that I am just in the planning stages for the exhaust lol I don't know if I can justify buying a single manifold for 200+ bucks if I can just buy a whole new stock system and keep what I already have, minus the cross over pipe and put in the block off plate. It would really have to make some kind of performance difference for me I am thinking. But who knows, maybe I will bite eventually.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
62star.jpg (35.3 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg
IM006381.jpg (101.4 KB, 90 views)
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:19 PM

Well poop someone already bidded, I'm just going to wait the last few mintues of the auction and bid then since its super rare for them to pop up, the black driver side header should be mine in a few days, and he emailed me back saying I can come look at the header and pick it up with no shipping if I win. Sweet deals!
Old April 26th, 2013, 11:06 PM

Not bad at all! Who are you going to get the exhaust system from? Or are you going to make one yourself? I would like to see picts of the finished product. I still may go this route eventually, but I have a lot of time to figure it all out