The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

new to forum and Oldsmobile. all input is valued.

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2015, 11:55 AM

new to forum and Oldsmobile. all input is valued.

I just got my first classic car project. It's a 1972 Cutlass with a 350 rocket. It's run and drive but needs a fair amount of TLC. Rusting is minimal but alot of trim is gone and desperately needs paint. I plan on doing the disc brake conversion and would like to work on motor and drive train etc before I start doing body work. Just looking for ideas on what has worked well for people looking to get good horsepower while keeping it smooth running and where is the best place to buy parts. Also i live at a pretty high elevation if it makes a difference.
Old December 1st, 2015, 01:07 PM

Welcome to a great site for all your questions. There are many here with a wealth of knowledge and experience. A 350 Olds responds well to the typical modifications IE: better flowing exhaust, intake, carb, timing, cam, and so on. It is also a very reliable engine.

Fill out the info on your registration with your location and we all love to see the car so post some pictures.

I have many Olds cars and parts so If I can help let me know

Larry Moyer
Redmond, OR
lemoldsnut@aol.com
Old December 1st, 2015, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, yes we do like pictures. Getting parts depends on what parts your looking for. It could be as easy as your local parts store for mechanical parts to the internet for resto stuff. There is also a classified parts wanted and for sale section on here. Jeggs and Summit are great for performance items, and rockauto is also a good discount supplier. Carid is a recent sponsor of the site, I have no experience with them.
Old December 1st, 2015, 01:53 PM

Thanks guys. I do plan on doing intake, headers, exhuast, carb and I'd like to do some internal things like cams, lifters, pistons and all that good stuff at some point too. I'd like to start ordering things after Christmas and tinker with it over the winter. It needs some small things like a coolant overflow reservoir and other little things before I start doing performance parts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20151031_130216.jpg (4.54 MB, 28 views)