The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Newbie from Maryland

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2014, 02:00 PM

Newbie from Maryland

Hi,
This is my third attempt at posting. I haven't received a reply from the moderator about what I may be doing wrong. I'm registered so I'm not sure what else is needed. Do I still have to post five times before I'm accepted to the forum? Help!

Last edited by Tadpole11; August 20th, 2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: not wanted
Old July 24th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Tadpole11
Hi,
This is my third attempt at posting. I haven't received a reply from the moderator about what I may be doing wrong. I'm registered so I'm not sure what else is needed. Do I still have to post five times before I'm accepted to the forum? Help!
This post worked, so I don't know what might be wrong.
Old July 24th, 2014, 03:23 PM

Welcome, tell us about your car.
BTW, I grew up, worked, and spent 50 years in AA county. The way it changed, the only thing I miss are steamed crabs.
Old July 24th, 2014, 04:49 PM
71 cutlass convertible

Welcome from the Eastern Shore. Pics are a must. What ever the problem with posting seems to be done. Maybe we could get together sometime.

Welcome again
Larry
Old July 24th, 2014, 05:46 PM

Hello from Sparks, Maryland. Don't worry, we ALL had to make that first post! You'll find it gets easier the more you try. If us old gray-beards can do it........................
Oh yea, WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 24th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, as you can tell we like pictures.
Old July 25th, 2014, 04:58 PM

[QUOTE=Tadpole11;726264]Aaargh, I just spent 20 minutes composing my cars' story, tried to preview the post, and got kicked off. Second time that has happened so I don't think I'll review my stuff anymore. I'll try to post tomorrow a nice reply to the folks who welcomed me and give y'all the details on the new old Olds. If I can, I'll post my pics in the empty album that I've created.

[Half-fast mechanic, professional putterer]
Old July 25th, 2014, 05:03 PM

Thanks Joe. I'm just old and easily confused. I'm impressed with your knowledge. I've been following this site for a year now and you always provide the best info. Best regards......Tadpole11
Old July 25th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Aaargh, I just spent 20 minutes composing my cars' story, tried to preview the post, and got kicked off. Second time that has happened so I don't think I'll review my stuff anymore. I'll try to post tomorrow a nice reply to the folks who welcomed me and give y'all the details on the new old Olds. If I can, I'll post my pics in the empty album that I've created.
Welcome Aboard.

I think I know what your problem is. When you log into the site and enter your user name/password, check off that little box that says 'Remember Me'. That should keep you from getting timed out or punted when you least want it. This is a common issue that many folks have endured until that was brought to their attention.

BTW, Thank you for your service!
Old July 25th, 2014, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by lshlsh2
Welcome from the Eastern Shore. Pics are a must. What ever the problem with posting seems to be done. Maybe we could get together sometime.

Welcome again
Larry
Thanks Larry, glad to be here. I have a buddy who lives on Kent Island that I haven't seen in awhile. When the tourists go away, maybe we could meet up over near you for lunch.
Old July 25th, 2014, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Welcome Aboard.

I think I know what your problem is. When you log into the site and enter your user name/password, check off that little box that says 'Remember Me'. That should keep you from getting timed out or punted when you least want it. This is a common issue that many folks have endured until that was brought to their attention.

BTW, Thank you for your service!
Thanks Allan, for the advice and your kind words. Serving was an honor and made me a better man than I would've been.
Old July 25th, 2014, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Siltman
Hello from Sparks, Maryland. Don't worry, we ALL had to make that first post! You'll find it gets easier the more you try. If us old gray-beards can do it........................
Oh yea, WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Dave. You live in a beautiful area. One of my daughter's ex-boyfriends lives there. He has a beautiful place with a large pond and a great pool. I wish she had married him, I'd be fishin' every day:>)
Old July 25th, 2014, 06:09 PM
71 cutlass convertible

Thanks Larry, glad to be here. I have a buddy who lives on Kent Island that I haven't seen in awhile. When the tourists go away, maybe we could meet up over near you for lunch.

Sounds like a plan

Larry
Old July 26th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Old(s) Fart

Thanks Joe. I'm just old and easily confused. I'm impressed with your knowledge. I've been following this site for a year now and you always provide the best info. Best regards......Tadpole11
Thanks for the kind words. One of the things I do if I'm composing a lengthy post is to write the post in MSWord first, then copy/paste into the forum. That way if you do have a problem, you haven't lost all your work.

Also, consider attending our All-GM show in Rockville, MD on Aug 9. More info is available here.
Old August 4th, 2014, 10:45 PM

Welcome aboard.
Old August 5th, 2014, 09:53 AM

Thanks railfan. Are you going to the All GM show at Rockville this coming weekend? I'm bringing my reef turquoise '70 442 and my buddy is bring his gorgeous '71 442.
Old August 5th, 2014, 01:09 PM

Hi Joe,
Yes, I'm bringing my car and my buddy is bringing his gorgeous 71 442. I look forward to meeting you.
Old August 5th, 2014, 05:40 PM

Welcome to the site. Great looking car.
Old August 6th, 2014, 11:27 AM

Thanks Sampson,
Yours is might fine too!