The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Daughters of Two Oldsmobile Enthusiasts

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:32 AM

Daughters of Two Oldsmobile Enthusiasts

Hello,
Our parents were avid Oldsmobile enthusiasts, and my dad was the 4th member of the Oldsmobile Club of America (OCA), which is where I got my screen name.

My dad passed away in 2003, and my mom passed away in 2010. My sister and I were left with all of their Oldsmobile parts and memorabilia. We donated my dad's collection of Journey With Olds (JWO) -- beginning with the very first issue -- to the Oldsmobile Museum, and we're hoping to find other Oldsmobile lovers who might want or need some of the things we have.

We will be posting a lot of our items for sale here, which will include a 1983 Hurst Olds (black with gray interior), so be looking for future posts from us. Also, if anyone has recommendations on where we could sell our Oldsmobile items (we're trying eBay and JWO), please contact us. We had considered going to this year's National Meet in Iowa, but we're not sure that we can make it up there (I live in Alabama and she lives in Tennessee).

We're looking forward to being a part of the ClassicOldsmobile.com community.

Linda
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:45 AM

Welcome and start here with info on your items, lots of folks visit this site from all over. Are each of you keeping any of the cars? I wonder about that myself - I have four kids and my girls are into my car more than my son, I always say the car stuff will go to the kids.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Welcome aboard! So sorry to hear about your parents It was a very good thing to donate to the museum.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:55 AM

Welcom to CO, OCA#4. So glad you are here, and sorry for the loss of your parents. You might consider the Homecoming venue in June in Lansing, MI. Supposed to be 500 Oldsmobiles there, along with a whole lot of Olds folks.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:00 AM

Welcome to the forum, Linda. Using the OCA membership number as a user name is a fine tribute to your parents. And, as mentioned above, it was a nice gesture to donate to the museum and maintain ties to the Oldsmobile community.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:01 AM

Thanks, Steven!

My sister took my mom's Oldsmobile Silhouette, and the only other car left is the Hurst. I'd love to have it -- it's such a SHARP car! -- but neither my sister nor I have room for it, and we don't want it to just sit in the garage and rot. We'd rather sell it to someone who appreciates the car for the jewel that it is and who can keep it maintained.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:07 AM

Thanks to all for the condolences on my mom and dad. They were great people and we were very fortunate to have been blessed with them as parents. The Oldsmobile community was always very good to them, especially when my dad was ill (he had cancer).

If any of you went to the National Meet in Gatlinburg, TN (Smoky Mountains) way back when, you probably saw them or even met them.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:08 AM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to CO Linda! You're in the right place to post Olds memorabilia and cars for sale.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Runner

Sorry for your losses. Its a great story. Ebay is a pain to deal with and all their fees hurt, but it is easier to get to the market of thousands of people.

But here is definitely a good place to start. Post whatever pictures and prices you have. Looking forward to see the collection.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:39 PM

Welcome to the site

Sorry to hear of your loss