Mondello. Buyer beware👎

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2016, 10:30 AM

Lynn Wellflinger ought to be imprisoned for "rape"! Raping all of his customers! Avoid this POS at all costs!! He has a track record of screwing people way back when he was in Tacoma Washington! He will never change -- just like the proverbial leopard! This guy is the absolute worst "ambassador" of the Oldsmobile name!!
He has NEVER screwed me!! I NEVER gave him the chance!! Never have or never will even phone him, let alone give him any of my money!!
Avoid him like the plaque!!
Old December 12th, 2016, 05:48 PM

Update

He said he would replace it, add the pilot bearing and refund my shipping cost. He called me when he got it and said he was going to use it in one of his motors and was sending me a different one. I said send me a good one and I'll get back to him later about "possibly" aluminum heads and Pistons. (Leverage.... not gonna happen). (We discussed those before I ordered the crank but I told him for now just send the crank, good move looking back on it now). Received a good one but no pilot bearing and so far no refund on the return ship cost, $44.00. Will decide later what to do with it.
Old December 12th, 2016, 07:55 PM

you probably won't see either the bearing or the refund. your dang lucky to get a good crank. i suggest you get it checked out at a good crank shop to make sure that it isnt junk, like being bent or cracked or thrust being too undersize
Old December 12th, 2016, 08:04 PM

Its important to note that Lynn Wellflinger (Mondello) is a completely different business and has nothing in common with the well respected Bernard Mondello (the late Joe's son) who has a respected Olds machine and parts establishment.
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:03 PM

Note to self

Never sell your name with your business. Have heard on here the real Mondello is good, wonder if he'd like to buy a 5340 crankshaft?😉 Does he have a website?
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gary M
Never sell your name with your business. Have heard on here the real Mondello is good, wonder if he'd like to buy a 5340 crankshaft?😉 Does he have a website?
Joe is dead Rip Joe. Bernard Mondello has a business that is his son.
Old December 14th, 2016, 04:42 AM

My post was started with " note to self". No disrespect to Joe. Just a fact that your name if used by anyone but you can result in negative experiences or damage to your name and undeserved headaches for unsuspecting swoops like me and the numerous others who posted their bad experiences on this thread.

I saw heads online that I was interested in ( from Bernard) and later on the internet found a Mondello website. ( Lynn's) site. It has some of Joes history and gives you a false sense of security. It's Too easy to end up on a bad site and Joe Mondello was probably scammed just like the future purchasers using the site that bears his name. X 2 on the RIP Joe.