67 era seatbelts components

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2015, 10:46 AM

67 era seatbelts components

From what I gather, in 67, and some adjoining years, you had the following options.

1 Deluxe or standard buckles.
2 Center front belt on bench cars
3 Center rear belt
4 Shoulder belts for front
5 Shoulder belts for rear.

As I understand it, there are 6 hard points in the floor at front and back. The outer four were for the outboard passenger lap belts, and the inner two were either for the center passenger or the shoulder belt connection for the outboard passenger, thus you could not do both.

So, my question. The front seats have retractor assemblies on the outside, and then adjustable length buckles to mate with them. The rear seats have fixed length tab belts, and adjustable length buckles to mate with them. The shoulder belts are longer belts with special mounts to the roof, and they mate with adjustable length buckles as well.

1. Are all the adjustable length buckle straps the same? Front to back, left to right, outboard, center, or shoulder mating? Can I use buckles from another set to mate with my shoulder straps that have no buckle buddies?

2. Is the rear seat male tab outboard belts, center tab belt, and front seat center tab belt the same? Can I use a tab belt from another set to make a rear center set?

Thanks.
Old August 31st, 2015, 01:07 PM
Old(s) Fart

There are only FOUR floor hard points each front and rear. At the front they are at the rockers and on either side of the driveshaft hump. The center position belt bolts to the two hard points on either side of the hump, as do the inboard halves of the belts for the two outer positions, all on a common bolt. It's a shoulder bolt so the anchor ends can swivel for alignment. The option shoulder belts also attach the inboard halves to these same bolts. The Fisher Body Manual has diagrams.
Old August 31st, 2015, 05:57 PM

I knew that, now that you mention it, but had forgotten it. Thank you.

Any idea on the belt pieces?
Old September 1st, 2015, 05:47 AM
Old(s) Fart

Assuming all the belt pieces are the same vintage and style (regulars match regulars, deluxe match deluxe), then I do know that all three sets across the back are the same. I know the front center matches the female parts of the front outboard (the male parts of the front outboard are on retractors). I don't know about front to back. I'm pretty sure that for the standard belts the female parts of the shoulder belts match the female parts of the lap belts. Some years the deluxe belts used different size tabs and buckles for lap and shoulder.
Old September 1st, 2015, 08:00 AM

Ok. Thank you. I have a nice set of four belts deluxe in black, restored. I just got a nice set of used original shoulder belt male parts. The females from my first set will accept the male shoulder belts and work. I will acquire three more female belts and a male rear belt and then have a rear center and working shoulders.