Seat belt routing

Old June 9th, 2015, 06:25 PM

Question Seat belt routing

When I was disassembling my interior I was careful to mark which belts bolted where and in what order on the bolt. I didn't, however, look to see how they route through the seat openings. I just assumed if they bolt on the driver's side, they thread through the driver's side seat opening and the same for the passenger side. But that only gives me one buckle on the driver's side so either the shoulder strap or the lap belt has to use a buckle from the passenger side opening. It feels weird either way.
Anyone happen to know the routing for the 70-72 Supreme? Or have that page of the assembly manual?
Thanks.
Old June 9th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Huh?

I think you may be complicating this more than it need to be, Mac.

First (not to complicate things), '70 is different from '71 and '72, and I'm not sure whether '71 is the same as '72 either.

I think yours was a '70 or a '71, which should mean that you have the shoulder belts that hook into the lap belt buckles.
If that is the case, you should have 6 belts total:
2 outboard, R & L, with retractors.
2 through the slot to the driver's right, to the bolt on the left of the tunnel (a female for the driver and a male or female for the center), and
2 through the slot to the passenger's left, to the bolt on the right of the tunnel (a female for the passenger, and a male or a female for the center).

If you have a '70, there are 2 more females, 1 in each of the center positions, to accept the 2 shoulder belts, for a total of 8 front seat belts (1, 3, 3, and 1 from left to right).

- Eric
Old June 9th, 2015, 09:22 PM

Oops, didn't know they were different each year. Yes, it's a '71. So six belts plus the two outboard. Coming through the tunnel to the right of the driver, I have one female and two male. But shouldn't I have two female; one for the shoulder and one for the lap male ends? It just seems odd that one of my belts, either the shoulder or lap, routes through the tunnel to the left of the passenger. It's kind of a long stretch. BUT, as long as all the belts that route through the driver's tunnel go to the bolt on the left of the tunnel and vice-versa, then I've done it correctly. As I said, I marked which belts bolt to which side but not which tunnels they go through.
Old June 9th, 2015, 09:33 PM

Scratch that. Actually, scratch this whole post. It's correct. I have one male and two females on the left and three females on the right (tunnels). I think maybe Maggie grabbed the wrong belt yesterday, leaving me with one of her [passenger] females.
Thanks Eric.
Old June 10th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Now you've got it.

Any time!

- Eric