62 Starfire Pleated Convertible Boot

Old May 6th, 2014, 06:53 PM

62 Starfire Pleated Convertible Boot

Hi All,

I'm having difficulty in finding someone who can make the proper pleated convertible boot that was unique to the Starfire. Any help with the name of a reputable supplier would be appreciated.

Thanks,

www.oldsmobilesforever.com
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:43 AM

Would not SMS Fabrics have the correct pattern?
Old May 7th, 2014, 04:40 PM

Talking

Dave,
I spoke at length with Doug via email and yes they have the pattern. After felling convinced that they could do the job. I asked for an invoice that spelled out all the particulars as well as amount of deposit required and method for final payment. It's been two months and to date received nothing. Have a feeling it's too much of a deal for a one time product rather than the cookie cutters that are sitting in inventory. Either that or I asked too many questions and he didn't want to bother with someone so particular.
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by 70 ctls
Dave,
I spoke at length with Doug via email and yes they have the pattern. After felling convinced that they could do the job. I asked for an invoice that spelled out all the particulars as well as amount of deposit required and method for final payment. It's been two months and to date received nothing. Have a feeling it's too much of a deal for a one time product rather than the cookie cutters that are sitting in inventory. Either that or I asked too many questions and he didn't want to bother with someone so particular.
I suspect the latter, not the former. Fact is, they have more work than they can handle. Yes, they do take forever. Yes, they need to be monitored and prodded. But, in the end it is worth it as they do only quality work.

I would also add that they are very trustworthy and reliable. When they give you a quote they hold to it. No shenanigans on their part.

I am sure others will verify my experience, as I know I am not the only one here to have used their services.

The alternative is to do what you are doing now, and that is go without in the hopes you find someone who can do what you want.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the info. At the present time I'm waiting on response from the General Manager of M&T Manufacturing in Rhode Island ( www.convertibletopguys.com ) Assured me that they can produce it. I Just sent specs on the number and width of the pleats and the fact that the snaps are within the hem and not exposed. I'm waiting on samples of the proper colored Madrid Vinyl. We'll see what develops. Any info on this vendor?