1969 Interior color question

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2014, 09:29 AM

1969 Interior color question

I'm new to the forum, so hopefully I post this correctly. Bought my first Olds, a new W31, in 1970. Wish I had it back! Anyway, I just purchased a 1969 Cutlass convertible. The exterior color is Meadow Green, and the interior color is also a green, it is TR 942. I can find decoding info for everything except the interior color. Can anyone supply the int color info, and where I might be able to get color matched interior paint?
Old January 21st, 2014, 10:01 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by hackmansr
I'm new to the forum, so hopefully I post this correctly. Bought my first Olds, a new W31, in 1970. Wish I had it back! Anyway, I just purchased a 1969 Cutlass convertible. The exterior color is Meadow Green, and the interior color is also a green, it is TR 942. I can find decoding info for everything except the interior color. Can anyone supply the int color info, and where I might be able to get color matched interior paint?
After you get back from the woodshed (sent there for selling the W31) go to Wild About Cars for your reference material. You'll find your interior codes in the "Assembly Manual" among other places there.
http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...aldisplayed=50

Wild About Cars. http://wildaboutcars.com. An information supersource, especially Oldsmobile. More Olds content than anywhere else on the internet and continuing to grow.
You'll find Chassis Service Manuals, Product Information Manuals (AKA Assembly Manuals), Inspector's Manuals, and other documents that will contain this and much much more.
Dealer Brochures, magazine ads and articles, and the Automotive History Preservation Society library growing daily.
Free to join, free to learn.
Old January 21st, 2014, 10:27 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Here is the Ditzler paint codes for the interior and your local auto paint distributor should be able to mix a batch for you.

Old January 21st, 2014, 11:09 AM

Interior paint codes

Thank you for the fast reply! Yes, I made a mistake on the W31, but that was back in the 70s when gas prices skyrocketed. Hindsight baby......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
w31.jpg (58.2 KB, 12 views)