Which Company Is The Best??

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2013, 08:56 AM
C.W. Griswold

Which Company Is The Best??

Hey guys,
Which of the three interiors is the best? PUI, Legendary, or Distinctive Industries? These are the three main companies and I don't know which is best. Let me know your thoughts.......
Old December 12th, 2013, 09:13 AM

I have not bought from them yet, but from what I've read, legendary is the way to go!
Old December 12th, 2013, 04:51 PM

Legendary.
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Administrator

This time of year Legendary runs some good sales.
Old February 14th, 2014, 05:36 PM

Not pui

I wouldn't go with PUI, I just got done with a nightmare with them with my 71 buckets and rear bench. The lines on the rear bench was off by 1/2 inch and I'm not exaggerating. then they didn't want to exchange until I sent them a pic. Then there was no problem. My question is how in the world did it get buy there QC department. Never again
Old February 14th, 2014, 05:40 PM

Legendary x 5.
Old February 14th, 2014, 06:01 PM

What about SMS?
Old February 14th, 2014, 06:58 PM

I bought PUI seat covers, front and back for my 64 Cutlass convertible. That was about two years ago. I left them in the boxes until last fall. They were supposed to be white, they are pearl, the rear cover must have been for a hardtop and it was way too wide for my convertible, and the front covers were either made too small or they shrunk as they were very hard to put on according to the upholstery shop. Also, they are not correct, maybe 1965 because there are no horizontal pleats. I bought door and rear quarter panels in white before I knew the seat covers were wrong so now I have a two tone interior. Not sure what I'm going to do. Likely buy new side panels so at least the colour will match. I didn't try to argue with them since it was so long from the time I bought them and found they were wrong.
Old February 15th, 2014, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by SavedbyHim
What about SMS?
I have heard good things about the quality, but bad things about the prices and lead times. Most, if not all of their stuff is custom made to order, which explains the latter.
Old February 15th, 2014, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by vix6t4
I bought PUI seat covers, front and back for my 64 Cutlass convertible. That was about two years ago. I left them in the boxes until last fall. They were supposed to be white, they are pearl, the rear cover must have been for a hardtop and it was way too wide for my convertible, and the front covers were either made too small or they shrunk as they were very hard to put on according to the upholstery shop. Also, they are not correct, maybe 1965 because there are no horizontal pleats. I bought door and rear quarter panels in white before I knew the seat covers were wrong so now I have a two tone interior. Not sure what I'm going to do. Likely buy new side panels so at least the colour will match. I didn't try to argue with them since it was so long from the time I bought them and found they were wrong.

I'd go ahead and complain to them, they may take care of you is they know about it. Sounds like multiple major issues.

Henry
Old February 15th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Shaking out the cobwebs..

Legendary all the way. I used them for my car, and the fit and finish was awesome.

My brother used PUI for his Nova seats. Their material is very thin when compared to my Legendary seats. I was afraid it was going to rip while putting it on the seat bottoms.
They fit, but it took a lot of massaging to get them right.
Old February 15th, 2014, 08:39 AM

This is what i got from Lengendary What the Heck!! I showed them pictures and then they tryed to blame the guy i had installing them.
They said that he didn't know what he was doing!!They wanted me to send the seat covers back along with the seats so they could install them?? And then if they didn't find any issues i would have to toke the installation and shipping bill plus the price of the covers!! I told them to get bent and credit me price of the covers which they actually did! That wasn't even half the problems i encountered with them.It took almost 8 months from start to finish and i ended up with this!! I was one of those customers that wasn't Lucky i guess.Same guy who was incompetent to install my seat covers built me all new ones from the ground up and the workmanship and better material used i couldn't of been happier!! Now i
did get their Door panels front and rear and couldn't of been happier!!

I have heard nothing but good about Lengendary, but my experience tells me to spend a little more and have them built by a Pro if you can, then at least you know what your getting!! But i know everybody is not at that disposal to do that. Just my 2 cents worth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
115.jpg (52.0 KB, 57 views)
118.jpg (44.8 KB, 50 views)
119.jpg (49.6 KB, 53 views)
current 009.jpg (57.9 KB, 51 views)
current 010.jpg (49.3 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by JJSCUTLASS; February 15th, 2014 at 08:51 AM.