Brothers vs PUI vs Legendary vs ???

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2013, 09:51 AM

Brothers vs PUI vs Legendary vs ???

Good morning All,

I am looking to get pictures of seat covers pictures together for various interior manufacturers. Anyone use a Brothers kit? PUI?

Please post your experience and any details that pictures won't show. Fitment, grain matching, etc.

Thank you all in advance
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:04 AM

I have used both, legendary's product is definitely better than PUI, particularly with seat covers. Material is just better and fits better. Far as door panels still give legendary the edge but you will have to make adjustments far as installation of them. You will also need to send your metal uppers to Legendary(unless that's changed) where as PUI - you do not. hope this helps Dean
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:06 AM

I just re-did my interior with PUI everything without any problems. (mainly because i'm not on a legendary budget)

Ok, MAYBE the seats took a little bit of extra TLC, but nothing you can't handle if you're handy.
Old October 1st, 2013, 01:53 PM

70 442 Gold Buckets - PUI seat covers had to be taken apart by a trim guy and altered. 2 sets of PUI inside door trim were sent back (luckily ordered thru a vendor - Year-One - that accepted returns) due to major defects in the chrome mylar and uneven edges. Replacement Legendary door panels were perfect. You get what you pay for - the level of quality far exceeds the price difference. Driver vs. Showcar quality at least in my experience.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 05:26 AM

Brothers does not make anything,so my guess is they are selling the cheaper PUI kits.The PUI kits are pretty good,but the Legendary pieces are better,and in my opinion,worth the extra money,since you don't plan on doing your interior multiple times.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 06:48 PM

PUI would be great for drivers, Legendary for show or **** people like me. I love them and I am hard to please.
Check out my interior thread below and see all the details.
And avoid brotherss, as there is NO customer service. If you want Legendary, order through them directly so IF there is an issue, you will be in good hands. Now they take a while longer to arrive as they are mostly made to order (here in America, too).
Old October 2nd, 2013, 07:41 PM

Time is on your side as well....Legendary typically holds a nice Christmas Sale with a substantial discount on products they manufacture. Probably worth your wait.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 07:47 PM
Old School Olds

I got an e-mail from Legendary
eariler this week. Their Fall sale
is going on right now.
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tony72Cutlass'S'
I just re-did my interior with PUI everything without any problems. (mainly because i'm not on a legendary budget)

Ok, MAYBE the seats took a little bit of extra TLC, but nothing you can't handle if you're handy.
That would be me!

I thought I'd give PUI a go with door panels and a rear shelf. Everything "fit", looks and feels quality. But let's say, slightly challenging install. I bought '67 Cutlass panels for a Holiday. They claim to fit however, are punched for a different arm rest that's longer in a Cutty.

Got everything in and am pleased with the driver quality (meaning the driver won't freak out with a scuff or spill) interior. Really though, the products seem fine. - Would buy again. Would recommend to friend.