1959 Olds Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Jim R

1959 Olds Floor Mats

I have acquired a full set of 1959 floor mats. They are in pretty good shape, and I'm trying to find a place that can make a pattern from them to mold repro sets. So, a few questions:
Does anyone know a company that does that kind of work?
If I can get the sets molded, is there any interest out there for sets for your car? I'm not looking to go into the business, just want to spread the mold cost across as many sets as possible to make it more affordable.
If anyone is interested in a set, or knows where I could get them made, please contact me.
Jim Romine
Old August 17th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Oldsdruid

Pretty sure they're the same from 59-64 and there will be interest. Trouble is going to be the colors. Even Fusick offers their repro 65-72 mats only in black, and the 59-64 cars used nice colorful floor mats to match the nice colorful interiors- blues, reds, greens, browns, even white.

Legendary offers generic rubber mats in colors, so you could try to find out who makes theirs. OPGI has correct repro Cadillac and full-size Pontiac mats in correct colors, so you might be able to convince them to make them and eat the setup costs. They need to set up a fullsize Olds parts line anyway.
Old August 18th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Jim R

Good tips, and I'll follow up on them!
Yes, the colors are an issue. I need blue ones, and the set I got is black. I'm fairly sure I could get these dyed, but I'd rather take this opportunity to get an item out there that I sure can't find anywhere.
So, 59 Olds owners, are you interested in getting some stock-style floor mats for your car?
The ones I got have cutouts that say on the back side to remove this area for certain models, but they haven't yet been removed. So, these could be patterns for all three models for 59.
Jim
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:11 PM

I'd be interested. Also, see my post in parts for sale regarding 59 speedo cluster PCB's.