70 cutlass supreme conv. power window wiring

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:28 PM

Post 70 cutlass supreme conv. power window wiring

I am new to the forum and after seeing Rob's restoration pictures to Lady 72, it gave me the incentive to start on my own. This forum has been invaluable to help me with basic questions and locations.

I decided to start with new sound system (kicker amp 11 xz350 (after returning kenwood amp KAC 8405 which screws are WAY to small for 4 guage wire) and infinity reference speakers front and back w kenwood exchelon head unit in glove box w old radio unconnected but returned to its rightful place) and upholstery (but first second skin damplifier pro sound deadener and reflectix as the new base.

While runnning a 4 guage wire from battery into the car through firewall grommet by brake booster, I must have inadvertently disconnected my pink wire running from the relay behind the kick panel toward the fuse block or ignition as none of my power windows now work.

I read previous threads from Rob on how to test the wires at the relay and my orange is 12v continuous and can put a bare wire into the socket to roll them up or down...but cannot get them to operate when ignition has been turned and get no reading on my meter from the pink wire. All of my fuses when I check them with ignition turned on show 12v on both sides of the fuse (except a small instrument panel fuse) which I broke when attempting to dislodge that tiny fuse.

I am trying to determine as I try to trace the pink wire back toward the ignition or fuse box if the pink wire separates and needs to be plugged into another socket or if the broken fuse might have something to do with it. There are a couple of single and double sockets under the sterring column but with ignition on, none give any power readings.

Does anyone have an idea? I have acquired both the Fisher Body book and Chasis Manual for my year but they just show wiring diagrams (which do not help me).