Interior suggestions

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2016, 09:09 AM

Interior suggestions

Who has the best complete interior products ?? Seat covers, foam padding, carpet, headliner. Etc. Thanks.
Old December 20th, 2016, 09:30 AM

What type of car are you restoring? I know folks with a Cutlass can get interiors from Year One.

https://www.yearone.com/

If you want OE fabric to have new seat covers stitched by an upholsterer you can get it from Legendary:

http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/
Old December 20th, 2016, 09:48 AM

Looking for 1970 olds 442 interior
Old December 20th, 2016, 10:04 AM

I went with Legendary a few years ago for my '72 Supreme, and was completely satisfied. I'm sure the other big name vendors are good also. Legendary usually has a big sale a couple times a year, so you can save even more$$$
Old December 20th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Ben

Legendary is having their 25% off sale now until Jan 6th... This brings their price down to nearly the cheaper lower quality PUI prices.

Legendary also sells the good American Cushion industry seat buns... So they are my usual recommendation.

For headliners & carpet, I cant say. Legendary makes their own seat covers an door panels in house. I think they may also make their own headliners, but i am not positive of that.

There are two vendors today for carpets, ACC & Trim Parts. Both are about the same quality. There really are no other choices for carpets. Classic Industries sells a 1 piece carpet set for GM A-bodies- i don't know who makes it... but it costs more than the standard two piece style... so i'd just stay with one of the other two.

Legendary will sell you carpet and headliner too (and a lot of other interior resto stuff) but since they dont MAKE it, their sale doesn't apply. You can get that stuff cheaper elsewhere, so thats what i usually do. But i do prefer their seat covers and door panels- so while their sale is on- this is the time to order if you are ready.
Old December 20th, 2016, 04:23 PM

Thanks for all the help---sounds like legendary is the way to go ---do they by chance have another sale later in the year ???
Old December 20th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Ben

Originally Posted by Zr1bandit
Thanks for all the help---sounds like legendary is the way to go ---do they by chance have another sale later in the year ???
They do run sales occasionally during the year a week or two here and there- if you keep your eye on their website you might catch one- but the one that i know is consistent is the December holiday sale. they've done this one year after year.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:33 AM

If I recall correctly, I think the other sale is around May, Memorial Day maybe?