Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2011, 05:13 PM

84 Hurst

84 hurst8.jpg

84 hurst9.jpg

84 hurst12.jpg

84 hurst15.jpg

84 hurst16.jpg
I have been tracking down this car for about a year and finally was able to get in touch with the owner. Bought and brought it home before the seller could change his mind. Car has been sitting for several years in its current state of disrepair. As you can tell from the photos of it in all albums it is need of a good cleaning. It is a solid car originally from Arizona so it is 99.8% rust free. The only rust I have been able to find is a small bubble under the left side 1/4 window and some bubbles behind the right drive tire. Considering how long the car has been sitting in Arkansas I think it is quite amazing it does not have more cancer than it does. I have not figured out how to attach the pics to the topic so sorry for my ignorance. LOL I can be taught I added pics to the topic

Last edited by oldsfromyell; February 21st, 2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: pics added
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:35 PM

You should have seen MY 84 H/O when I first got it back in 1999. Looked about 5 times worse than yours.
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:08 PM

I was very surprised how solid the car is. I was almost scared to wash the bottom of the car when I was washing the tree gunk off it. When I tilted it up on the roll back so I could get under it with the pressure washer I could not believe how clean and rust free the frame and floors are. I am very excited about the car being in this good of condition. Most cars I see that have been sitting like this one are usually very rough underneath. Now all I have to do is the slow process of building the car with the respect it deserves. It will take awhile as my wallet is usually real light LOL
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:53 AM

I am needing a few pieces for the car. I need a good clean dash mine has several cracks in it. Also I need one button for the shifter the one on the 1-2 stick is missing and I need a shifter top plate. If anyone has some parts for reasonable let me know. I will be updating as I can for those interested. Thanks, David
Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:12 PM

Smile

Check ebay for the parts. The buttons come up fairly frequently. G-body interior bits can be hard to find, from what I have seen, especially the soft parts.
Good luck making it pretty again.