Jamesbo's toasted 69 H/O Warning this will make you sick

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2010, 07:01 AM

im sorry 4 your loss!

they wanted a copy of your pink 2 make sure you owned it and wernt tring 2 get out of car payments thats normal!! i just seen on the news that car burnings are at a all time high because of the economy, people are burning there cars 2 get out of payments

good luck

Last edited by sx455raidercelticfan; October 28th, 2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old October 28th, 2010, 07:08 AM

Well,

This one didn't have a loan on it.
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:28 AM

How did you make out with the insurance company?

I wish I had found this thread sooner, I've had some experience with insurance companies. Did you lean about "BETTERMENT"?
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:58 AM

Thanks,

I came out fine. The insurance company paid off the agreed upon value less the salvage value, I kept the car and later sold it to a gentleman who is going to restore it.

All in all it wasn't too bad. But I hated lossing the car. At least it didn't go to the crusher. Becuase of the age the insurance company didn't have to issue a salvage title.
Old November 15th, 2010, 06:21 AM

thats terrible

this car needs to be saved, and it looks like it will
Old December 3rd, 2010, 01:08 PM

Update

I just got a call from the new owner and Jamesbo's ole H/O is going to the big league, BJ auction in Jaunuary. When I get a lot # I'll let cha know so we can see what kind of resto he did of my ole car.

Funny, save from the crusher to rise and shine again at BJ
Old December 3rd, 2010, 01:24 PM
Cutlass Lover

Wow! He must have made good progress restoring it already. That's great! It will be interesting..
Old December 3rd, 2010, 01:52 PM

Dang, that was fast!
Old December 3rd, 2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Dang, that was fast!
No kidding, I'm shocked also
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:59 PM
Getting There

Holy crap no kidding about fast
Old December 3rd, 2010, 03:47 PM

Be real curious to see the workmanship in such a short time. Its amazing what money can do
Old December 4th, 2010, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I just got a call from the new owner and Jamesbo's ole H/O is going to the big league, BJ auction in Jaunuary. When I get a lot # I'll let cha know so we can see what kind of resto he did of my ole car.

Funny, save from the crusher to rise and shine again at BJ
Rags to riches perhaps. Only time will tell.
Old December 4th, 2010, 05:40 AM

If he has a large shop and some help and motivation its been two month's now ince you sold plus it aint on the block yet.
Old December 4th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Registered

I'm curious to know if if he replaced the body or repaired it?
I still think the car wasn't that bad, mostly interior and glass damage, messed up roof, a couple of months isn't out of the question to fix it at all. I would of gone for it it I didn't have all my cash tied up in the Vista, would you have traded me Jamesbo???
My car isn't a '69 though, I forgot that you only like any year Oldsmobile as long as it's a '69...never mind.

Should be fun, should add some action to boring January, can't wait to see what the auction description says.

Last edited by Bluevista; December 5th, 2010 at 04:11 AM. Reason: no proofreading because wife called me for dinner
Old December 4th, 2010, 04:12 PM

will be interesting to see if they tell the burning truth about it if it gets air time or not?
Old December 4th, 2010, 06:45 PM

knowing how people fix cars to simply flip them, one can only image what's gonna be under that new paint.........
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:36 AM

I was told, they got a roof from a donor car with bad floors.

What I know [or wanta know] about BJ, you could put in a thimble. The new owner said you could "Live stream" the auction
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:17 AM

I'll be down there and if I see it, I'll let you know how it looks.
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Registered

I was told, they got a roof from a donor car with bad floors.

What I know [or wanta know] about BJ, you could put in a thimble. The new owner said you could "Live stream" the auction
You can watch it on the Speed channel if you get it too.
I guess if you livestream it you can see the cars being auctioned when they aren't on the air and during the numerous commercials and fluff pieces.
I DVR it and watch it later so I can skip the commercials, 2 days takes about an hour. The commercial with the guy who watches the biker lean on his car and does nothing but shrug and sigh gets me, I would rip the tether chain off the biker's wallet and choke him with it, after I run then leap through through the air like a mighty Tiger morphing into an Olds rocket and tackle him before his butt touches my car.
I yell at people all the time to stay away from my car, and keep off my lawn too!!

The car isn't on the Scottsdale auction car list yet, if he already consigned it it should be on there pretty soon.
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bluevista
The car isn't on the Scottsdale auction car list yet, if he already consigned it it should be on there pretty soon.
The way I understand it Blue is the guy's in a time pinchh trying to make the cut off. If ya see it, please let me know- and I promise to walk across your lawn.
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:56 AM

The way I understand it Blue is the guy's in a time pinchh tryig to make the cut off. If ya see it, please let me know- and I promise to walk across your lawn.
I would watch out Blue has those mean guard dogs and they might tear your ankle up something fierce if you walk on his lawn
Old February 16th, 2011, 05:54 AM

I am a Newbie and just saw the devastation. No words can express but we are truly sorry for the loss. Hope all works out. Just Aweful!!
Old February 16th, 2011, 06:15 AM
NôôB

wow i was just looking at old emails and ran across the locked one for this one... what ever happened with this car?
Old February 16th, 2011, 06:20 AM

Sicky

The insurance company totaled it. I bought it from them for the salvage value and then I sold it to a guy who said he was going to put it in the Jan BJ auction. He ran out of time restoring it and didn't make the Jan BJ auction. I sold him a 69 deluxe steereing wheel I had laying around a month ago and haven't heard any more about his plans
Old February 19th, 2011, 09:34 AM

Whoa!! Just saw this thread, Jamesbo. Sorry about your loss. Thanks for sharing the details. I was planning on trying to activate my original cigar lighter but I think I will just stick a high quality marine 12v. outlet under the dash instead. Already have a quick disconnect switch on the battery, and might start carrying a fire extinguisher.

Again, really sorry to see your 69 H/O bite the dust.
Old April 10th, 2011, 04:24 AM

End of story

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...685&pop=0&it=1
Old April 10th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Land Yacht Captain

Considering how quickly he turned that restoration around and all the "attention to detail" I find it hard to believe he made much profit at $66K (Including buyers commission)

At least it wasn't turned into a 2x2 steel block.
Old April 10th, 2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by 66ninetyeightls
Considering how quickly he turned that restoration around and all the "attention to detail" I find it hard to believe he made much profit at $66K (Including buyers commission)

At least it wasn't turned into a 2x2 steel block.
I kinda agree. But I don't know what BJ charges.

Getting rich in this business ain't easy
Old April 10th, 2011, 06:24 AM

Oh wow that is painful. Well, thanks for posting it as it alerted me to the idea of putting in a battery cable cut-off.
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Registered

Lot 684.1 was the last one on TV, 685 was sitting there waiting when they signed off.
I don't think the guy made a killing on it either.
Wonder if the guy that bought it knows the deal, I wouldn't be happy to find out later, I'd be watching my back if I pulled that on somebody, but I wouldn't do that.
Honesty is the best policy, even if it hurts.
A resto is a resto and that technicaly could mean a new roof and all the glass and interior and wiring, it's a gray area. He didn't say it was a clean car to begin with, what they don't say tells you way more than anything they do.
They can plead ignorance later that way, "I never said it wasn't crushed by a runaway semi and fixed?".
I bet he doesn't have any before pics for the guy either.
I wonder if the price would have benn lower if the seller disclosed what was really done to the car?

The seller doesn't pay the buyer's commission?
The 66k is the price with the buyer's commission so the car sold for...not good at math.
The buyer's commision is 10% on site and 12% off, plus you have to pay to bid there too, think it was 500 bucks at this one.
The seller has to a pay an entry fee that is determined by the day and time the car goes on the block and 8% of the final auction value.

I still want to now why everybody on TV doesn't have to wear sunglasses "Because of the bright lights" but that BJ snake oil salesman who procures the cars?
That guy gives used car salesman a bad name.

Last edited by Bluevista; April 10th, 2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old April 10th, 2011, 10:13 AM

I started to post a similar post I too would be pissed if I came on classic olds or other sites that had the same info and found out after the fact are we sure this is the same car.
Old April 10th, 2011, 02:30 PM
GM Enthusiast

Wonder if the guy that bought it knows the deal, I wouldn't be happy to find out later, I'd be watching my back if I pulled that on somebody, but I wouldn't do that.
Honesty is the best policy, even if it hurts.
I agree Blue. I could never sell a car without disclosing that information.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:45 AM

The Fire made me sick

But Andy and Ron make me want to puke.

http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/...r=asc&start=15

Although comon sense told me this was B.S. Just to be sure, I placed a call to the guy I sold the car to. He said nothing of the kind is going on AND the only part they didn't replace on the dash was the plastic around the vin. ergo. The rivets attaching the vin are plainly visible.

The car was NOT rebodied, the vin was NOT changed and if Ron knew squat he would not be calling it a Cutlass.

This my friends is the hobby at it's worst.

I suspose by tag team trashing this car they think they will raise the value of their cars [Corrections Ron's cars Andy only owns valve covers]
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:31 AM

Did it have the heads doctored up top look like D's ? Did you have the ram air top with It ? I wonder were he got the dual gate and mirrors ? I like the polyglas tires he put on it.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 01:44 PM
Registered

I knew that was bull soon as I saw it on ROP.

That miserable excuse for a human being is a real piece of work, Jimmy Carter and Nancy Pelosi's love child.
I don't know what's going on anymore, car guys used to be cool to each other.
The Vista Cruiser isn't king thread here really irked me, what a low display, the petty bickering is happening more and more.
I'm selling the Vista Cruiser , I was up in the air about it but all this sealed the deal, my first and last Oldsmobile. Hopefully I can get some good bucks and give it to my daughter for college, no more cars.
This stuff knocks the wind right out of your sails and makes you want to say screw it all.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by coltsneckbob
Oh wow that is painful. Well, thanks for posting it as it alerted me to the idea of putting in a battery cable cut-off.
My battery quick disconnects are nothing more then a socket and rachet....my battery is side post , so all I got to do is unscrew them.....I can get both my battery cables off in less then 10 seconds....now thats cheap.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM

I knew that was bull soon as I saw it on ROP.

That miserable excuse for a human being is a real piece of work, Jimmy Carter and Nancy Pelosi's love child.
I don't know what's going on anymore, car guys used to be cool to each other.
The Vista Cruiser isn't king thread here really irked me, what a low display, the petty bickering is happening more and more.
I'm selling the Vista Cruiser , I was up in the air about it but all this sealed the deal, my first and last Oldsmobile. Hopefully I can get some good bucks and give it to my daughter for college, no more cars.
This stuff knocks the wind right out of your sails and makes you want to say screw it all.
Get a grip man, and grow some thicker skin.

Last edited by TK-65; April 22nd, 2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
car guy

, no more cars.
You should never let something that someone else does affect you that much. There are idiots in every area of life. Jobs, hobbies, family ect it does not matter. Just live your own life the best you can as happy as you can and ignoir the rest.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 03:40 PM

Blue,

I love the cowl tag problem description from the self proclaimed 69 H/O Guru. If you argue with pigs you will only get muddy while they ejnoy it.

Res ipsa locatur

Seriously gentlemen,

It's a special holiday for my family. I'm gonna leave Andy in his location "dining room"

IMHO there are more important things to ponder than H/O distributers.

Happy Good Friday
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
"me somebody" site member

BannedAndy is just ticked off you banned his second classicolds "persona" recently.

BUT some of what Ron Dickheado said there recently AND back when you were selling your car in another thread raised some red flags with me.

Just saying.