General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Olds "O" Type Rear Disc Brake Conversion

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2012, 10:56 PM

Olds "O" Type Rear Disc Brake Conversion

I hope someone may know the answer to this...

I am working on my 68' Cutlass S. Engine is a mild/hot Olds 350 backed by a TH350 that has some mild modifications also. I am planing on ordering a limited slip, 3.90 gears and a front disc conversion this week. I have been toying with a rear disc conversion for some time now and am curious if the GM 10/12 bolt rear end conversions will work? These are a bolt on to the GM rear end but I cant find anything referring to an Old's rear end. I know if I had any common sense I would switch out the entire rear but I would prefer to keep it original-ish.

I will also be installing a set of front and rear, upper and lower tubular control arms. I already have a Hotchkis suspension set up but will be adding heavier sway bars. My goal is to have a healthy classic that handles well and stops well. I know its not a race car and do not plan on driving it a such, I just want it to drive nicely.

Any thought from those with experiance on the brake problem would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:52 AM

I just did a whole set up fron and rear on my 67. I used the right stuff big break kit. If are doing suspension work look into spc parts and call Marcus at SCandC.com.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
doc

Originally Posted by mike63078
I just did a whole set up fron and rear on my 67. I used the right stuff big break kit. If are doing suspension work look into spc parts and call Marcus at SCandC.com.
I used Right Stuff w/ my disc brakes swap & Marcus provided all of my suspension ino/parts.....I was very pleased with both companies!!

My F-85 handles/stops GREAT!!