General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Manual for 1972 Cutless Supreme

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2016, 03:53 PM

Manual for 1972 Cutless Supreme

Now that I have begun restoration on my car I am overwhelmed with parts and how they go back on the correct way. Is there a manual available and where, thanks a ton. Bill.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by bill curnick
... Is there a manual available and where, thanks a ton. Bill.
Assembly Manuals are highly recommended as are Chassis Manuals. Just about all major Oldsmobile parts vendors sell them, but they can also be found on ebay. If you are comfortable with a soft copy, you can download factory manuals/literature from the Wild About Cars website.
http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...plate.cgi?id=8

Here's an Assembly Manual on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Oldsmob...9UxS7Y&vxp=mtr
Old October 24th, 2016, 06:28 AM
Old(s) Fart

I strongly recommend original paper copies of the Chassis Service Manual and Fisher Body Manual. There were never electronic originals, so any electronic version is at best a scan of a paper original (and often even poorer quality than that). Reading small diagrams like the wiring diagram on these scans is nearly impossible. Spend the money for an original (again, NOT a reprint).

The Assembly Manual is useful if you care about a totally factory correct restoration with things like wire routing and hose routing. It is not too useful for normal maintenance items, however.
Old October 24th, 2016, 01:30 PM

I agree that the original hard copy is best.
However I only have the digital from Dave Graham auto literature. I have no problems with it, and as far as the wiring diagram and other pics go, I can enlarge it in adobe. I did just that with the wiring diagram, printed it on card stock and pieced together a large diagram that is easier to read, and marked any mods to the electrical. I have also done that with other diagrams, including the fuse box. Plus I print out pages I need and write notes on them as I dis-assemble and re-assemble. And if you have it on your device you can read it anywhere, anytime you need to kill time waiting.