General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

1977 cutlass Dash

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2016, 10:02 AM

Smile 1977 cutlass Dash

Does anyone know if a dash from a 1975 cutlass will fit my 1977 cutlass along with the door panels and any other interior trim. or does anyone know where I can get the dash fixed on my 77 cutlass. Just bought it and starting the restoration process. Any help would be great. thanks
Old July 28th, 2016, 04:01 PM

The short answer is "yes"; albeit, it won't be "correct" for your '77. In fact, '73-'77 dashes are all interchangeable as far as fit. You don't want to know what it would cost to have yours refurbished...so, finding a nice used one is a great option.

As far as other interior pcs, most all of that is interchangeable as far as fitting your '77. But again, styles can vary according to year & model/body style and may not be "correct" for your '77. Matter of fact, many interior pcs (door panels, kick panels, upper headliner plastic trims, sail panel trims, headliners, sunvisors and even seats can be swapped with other GM "A" bodies of the same era; again, if you aren't concerned with "correctness" for your '77.

Congrats on your new acquisition and have fun with the restoration. It will get frustrating at times as repro and nice used parts are hard to come by. But, they are out there if you're patient in your searches. If you need help, feel free to ask.
Old July 28th, 2016, 04:38 PM

The major difference will be the vents. In 77 they changed from round to rectangular.
Old July 29th, 2016, 11:50 AM

thanks for the help

Originally Posted by crimsoncolby
The short answer is "yes"; albeit, it won't be "correct" for your '77. In fact, '73-'77 dashes are all interchangeable as far as fit. You don't want to know what it would cost to have yours refurbished...so, finding a nice used one is a great option.

As far as other interior pcs, most all of that is interchangeable as far as fitting your '77. But again, styles can vary according to year & model/body style and may not be "correct" for your '77. Matter of fact, many interior pcs (door panels, kick panels, upper headliner plastic trims, sail panel trims, headliners, sunvisors and even seats can be swapped with other GM "A" bodies of the same era; again, if you aren't concerned with "correctness" for your '77.

Congrats on your new acquisition and have fun with the restoration. It will get frustrating at times as repro and nice used parts are hard to come by. But, they are out there if you're patient in your searches. If you need help, feel free to ask.
Old July 29th, 2016, 11:53 AM

thanks for all the help i will post pics of the cutlass next week. this was my high school car gonna be a fun car to drive. As far as period correct i like the dash on the 75 better than the 77 this car is just going to be a Sunday driver/ local car show car. i do appreciate all the help you guys have given me.