General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Anyone ever use an Eastwood welder?

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2014, 10:29 PM

Anyone ever use an Eastwood welder?

Needed a small mig machine and Eastwood had their 135 on sale at a very good price so I pulled the trigger. Are they any good? They have a 30 day money-back deal and a 3 year warranty so I don't think I can go wrong. I paid twice the price for Lincoln weld pak 100 a few years ago that I converted to mig from flux core and wasn't ever too jazzed about. It got stolen so it's water under the bridge. I've always gotten quality stuff from Eastwood in past. Hope this thing fills the need.Any opinions?
Old November 1st, 2014, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry the wrench
Needed a small mig machine and Eastwood had their 135 on sale at a very good price so I pulled the trigger. Are they any good? They have a 30 day money-back deal and a 3 year warranty so I don't think I can go wrong. I paid twice the price for Lincoln weld pak 100 a few years ago that I converted to mig from flux core and wasn't ever too jazzed about. It got stolen so it's water under the bridge. I've always gotten quality stuff from Eastwood in past. Hope this thing fills the need.Any opinions?
I have that welder and it works very well. I have had it die on me one time, when I was welding some heavier stock and allowed the wire to 'stick', but Eastwood replaced it right away.
Old November 1st, 2014, 10:54 AM

I looked at their videos and it looks like it holds it's own against the Lincolns, Hobarts, etc. and if they stand by it by it for three years you know you'll get that much out of it. For the price if dies after that I'll just get a new one.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 02:06 PM
Rodney

Like Eastwood MIG

I've had my Eastwood 135 MIG for about 1 year and really like it, just ran out of the original spool of wire. The shielding gas isn't cheap though, I paid more for the gas and bottle than I did for the welder - LOL. I tried a Harbor Freight flux-core welder before purchasing the Eastwood rig, night and day different when welding sheet metal. I love that it runs off a 115v outlet (don't have 220v in my shop) and the variable speed and power settings make it easier to match the material your welding. My only complaint is it's not well suited for welding thicker material, but it's great for lighter steel and and sheetmetal. If you're doing body panel replacement, get the spot weld kit - it's worth every penny. I replaced a full floorpan and this kit made really nice plug welds that looked very much like the original spot welds. Get it on sale, it's a good value.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 05:57 PM

I've also had the 135 over a year now, gone through three spools of wire, no complaints at all. For sheet metal and light fabrication it is hard to beat for the price!
Old November 2nd, 2014, 06:40 PM

I have one as well. For what it is, it really isn't a bad buzz box.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by cdrod
I've had my Eastwood 135 MIG for about 1 year and really like it, just ran out of the original spool of wire. The shielding gas isn't cheap though, I paid more for the gas and bottle than I did for the welder - LOL. I tried a Harbor Freight flux-core welder before purchasing the Eastwood rig, night and day different when welding sheet metal. I love that it runs off a 115v outlet (don't have 220v in my shop) and the variable speed and power settings make it easier to match the material your welding. My only complaint is it's not well suited for welding thicker material, but it's great for lighter steel and and sheetmetal. If you're doing body panel replacement, get the spot weld kit - it's worth every penny. I replaced a full floorpan and this kit made really nice plug welds that looked very much like the original spot welds. Get it on sale, it's a good value.
Well, who ever ripped off my old welder didn't take the bottle so I'm good there. Just have to pay for refills. I'm with you on flux core,don't care for it. I got a great deal on it. I'm just hoping it's not a piece of poo. So far everyone who has one says they're OK.