General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

who is going to carlisle

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2014, 08:46 PM

who is going to carlisle

next week is carlisle swap meet im going for the first time. trying to find some parts. without paying an arm for shipping.
Old April 17th, 2014, 04:41 AM

I Plan on going, if everything else works out, only about an hour away. Some good stuff, sometimes a deal.....and sometimes not

Grin
Old April 17th, 2014, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by dynamic63
next week is carlisle swap meet im going for the first time. trying to find some parts. without paying an arm for shipping.
Dont expect a treasure trove of parts for Oldsmobiles there especially specific to a 63! Yeah Fusick will be there repop stuff and some other Olds guys with some NOS stuff but most of the Olds parts will be for the A bodies. Every once in a while something nice and unexpected turns up during the hunt and thats what keeps me going back! Mechanical parts will be more plentiful such as brake stuff, plugs, ignition parts, perhaps some suspension parts but body and trim stuff hard to find. Give us a report on your 1st experience there!
Old April 17th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Old(s) Fart

I'll be in my usual Spring spots of NA140 and NA141 (go in Gate 3, turn left, and head for the fence) from Wed afternoon through Saturday. Actually, there have been a surprising number of Olds parts vendors over the last few years. You typically won't find any bargains, but there are probably 10-12 vendors with lots of Olds stuff.
Old April 19th, 2014, 01:18 PM

Don't forget to stop by I I 118 - 119 @ Carlisle

Craig, Mobile Parts, here -- and I will be @ Spring Carlisle -- @ II 118 - 119
middle of the Infield ("I") row I , spots 118 - 119 -- (heading toward the
car corral)
Plenty of N.O.S. and NEW parts for the full size OLDSMOBILES from the
1930s throught the 1970s ---
worth your while to stop by while we're both there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy hunting -- and wear comfortable shoes -- Don't forget to get the
F R E E Carlisle book upon entrance -- and look under the Vendor Index
for guys who specifically advertise "OLDSMOBILE".....

Mark out your walk -- it will save you TONS of time and energy........
--- Craig
Old April 19th, 2014, 01:29 PM

Hey Mobile I looked into getting some spots but the "paperwork to be an assigned alien sales tax portal..." turned me away. How involved was it for you to get set up? If you don't wish to post here, but don't mind telling you can pm me. Thanks, Brett
Old April 19th, 2014, 01:32 PM

I'm not sure what you mean?!?!?!

The library is closing in 5 minutes -- so I have to run.....
Trying to type this in lickety-split.....

CALL ME in 15 mins. ---- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935......
Old April 19th, 2014, 01:44 PM

ok, will call. Thx
Old April 22nd, 2014, 05:36 PM

I will be making my annual pilgrimage mostly likely on Thursday. I will try to stop by Joe P and Craig's spaces.
Always a lot of fun and can't wait for a Big Smokie sandwich for lunch !
Old April 22nd, 2014, 05:49 PM

Forgot to mention, the Event book is online now if you want to get a head start....

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...g-Carlisle.pdf
Old April 22nd, 2014, 06:12 PM
Old(s) Fart

I'm frequently away from my spot, spending money, so if I'm not there call my cell. It's always great to put a face with screen names.

703-927-9196
Old April 23rd, 2014, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by tva442
I will be making my annual pilgrimage mostly likely on Thursday.
Always a lot of fun and can't wait for a Big Smokie sandwich for lunch !
Big Smokie? hmm dont know what that is. We usually bring all the fixins for a great Deli lunch. By noon its time to make a trip back to the vehicle anyway to drop off the load of un-needed crap purchased! Then we vittle up and get back to the grind! Its way cheaper and in my book a better lunch.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 04:31 PM

Me and a few guys from upstate ny are making the trip down Saturday I will make sure to stop by any olds vendors I come across
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:12 AM
2 '66 98's

I stopped by Joe Padavano's spot yesterday (Thursday) around 9:35 to say "Hello" and, like he said, He was not there. I had not seen his post with the phone number so we didn't connect. I hope he found more "goodies" than I did. I mostly helped my buddy complete his list of needs.
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:21 AM

anyone see any 63 full size fenders or scripts
Old April 25th, 2014, 02:39 PM

I was there yesterday. Here is the scoop. $1050.00 for rechrome bumpers for the 67 Cutlass. $190.00 at Fusick for a small bag of odds and ends, I also found a pair of real nice 67 Cutlass wagon tail-lights for $120.0 and got a nice pair of 67 Cutlass horns and a real nice rear view mirror for the 442 together cost 100.00. Cost 10 to park, 10 to get in and about 50 for gas and another 30 for tolls on the turnpike. So it was a fun day but pockets were light on the way home and my list still had items on it not scratched off!

PS no I did not see any 63 fenders and I dont know if Fusick repops the script for that car.
Old April 27th, 2014, 07:12 AM

so went to corvettelisle highlights were meeting joe, and getting some leads on parts. none there ,guess 63 is a tough one. did get a few things for the womans 67 mustang. guess back to ebay. unfortunatly shipping from dvap and the like is killer when added to price. i do have a driver 65 mirror if anyone wants it 35. plus shippin. was supprised to not see eastwood. a person almost needs to clone himself and set the clones out to look through the stuff one day for one person is not enough.
Old April 27th, 2014, 07:28 AM

At least I wasn't the only one who thought it was nothing but corvette there I did meet a few oldsmobile guys and picked up some nice parts my only regret is not buying a nos w-30 manifold that I came across but all in all a good day
Old April 27th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Old(s) Fart

I had a great Carlisle. Much better attended than last fall. Got all the disk brake parts and lines for the new 64 Vista (smoking deal on spindles from Right Stuff). Also got one of those lever-action brake tube flaring tools ( since no one makes the front to back line for a VC). Got sound deadener and new carpet. Scored a starter/alternator/generator tester like the ones in auto parts stores. Got a pair of 71-72 sport mirrors, along with some paints, tools, and supplies. Sold a bunch of stuff too.

I saw a lot of Olds stuff. There was a BBO tunnel ram. One vendor had a pair of rust-free 64 Cutlass fenders. I KNOW I'll kick myself later for not buying them. There was a factory 1970 O.A.I. hood. A 69 double hump hood. An OL4B intake. And more. The Corvette parts are concentrated in the area around the grandstand. Gotta get out to the edges of the fairgrounds.
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
I had a great Carlisle. Much better attended than last fall. Got all the disk brake parts and lines for the new 64 Vista (smoking deal on spindles from Right Stuff). Also got one of those lever-action brake tube flaring tools ( since no one makes the front to back line for a VC). Got sound deadener and new carpet. Scored a starter/alternator/generator tester like the ones in auto parts stores. Got a pair of 71-72 sport mirrors, along with some paints, tools, and supplies. Sold a bunch of stuff too.

I saw a lot of Olds stuff. There was a BBO tunnel ram. One vendor had a pair of rust-free 64 Cutlass fenders. I KNOW I'll kick myself later for not buying them. There was a factory 1970 O.A.I. hood. A 69 double hump hood. An OL4B intake. And more. The Corvette parts are concentrated in the area around the grandstand. Gotta get out to the edges of the fairgrounds.
I saw the factory oai hood it was trashed the whole front was smashed and the passenger top corner was completely broken off he was asking 1500 firm I don't think it was worth it
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:20 PM

Dont forget guys whoever CAN attend to the Long Island-New York City Oldsmobile Car Show at Merrick, Long Island next Sunday 5/4. Fusick will be there.
Old April 27th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by cmyolds442
I saw the factory oai hood it was trashed the whole front was smashed and the passenger top corner was completely broken off he was asking 1500 firm I don't think it was worth it
Once again, don't confuse asking price with selling price. The vendor sold fiberglass hoods and was including a nose section with the sale. It was still there Sat afternoon. I suspect the price was negotiable by then.

I should also add that in my haste to submit my previous post, I forgot to mention that the highlight of the weekend was meeting the large number of CO members who stopped by. Our spots were in the far NW corner of the fairgrounds, somewhat off the beaten path, so I appreciate the effort to make the trek.
Old April 27th, 2014, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Once again, don't confuse asking price with selling price. The vendor sold fiberglass hoods and was including a nose section with the sale. It was still there Sat afternoon. I suspect the price was negotiable by then.

I should also add that in my haste to submit my previous post, I forgot to mention that the highlight of the weekend was meeting the large number of CO members who stopped by. Our spots were in the far NW corner of the fairgrounds, somewhat off the beaten path, so I appreciate the effort to make the trek.
I might have stopped by asking for a floor shift speedometer at the end of the day

Last edited by cmyolds442; April 27th, 2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: I didn't add anything
Old April 27th, 2014, 04:21 PM

I walked the whole lot with my family met many olds guys spent some money on good parts and had a great time and will do it again next year
Old April 29th, 2014, 06:15 PM

Had a good time at Carlisle last Thurs. Had a nice deli lunch with Oldsmaniac and Bob W (thanks again guys), stopped by Joe P's spot but missed him and did not get back but did chat with his buddy, did stop by Mobile Parts and spent some time talking with Craig - nice meeting him and he had some nice parts for reasonable prices.
This was my 15 year straight, and of course I will be back next year
Old April 30th, 2014, 11:11 AM

Carlisle was GREAt, but.....

Did anyone notice the rain, the hail storm, and the high winds all week long -- as well as the winter weather at night and early in the morning?????

Go away winter ---- let us enjoy our season, before too much longer.....

Met a lot of Olds folks -- C.O.ers and otherwise -- told the "otherwise" about how great this site can be -- especially for what they were looking for!!!

Hey, TVA442 -- great talking to you -- which did you find the most fun about
my spread??? Got to be some of those awesome AC, Delco, and GM boxes --they are as spectacular as some of the parts!!!!!

Can you tell some of us +++ DO +++ love "our hobby"!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 4th, 2014, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by mobileparts
Hey, TVA442 -- great talking to you -- which did you find the most fun about
my spread??? Got to be some of those awesome AC, Delco, and GM boxes --they are as spectacular as some of the parts!!!!!

Yes, those old boxes and parts are way cool! Especially the NOS ignition lock cylinder with keys with A code on them!
By the way, checked my keys, both sets are replacements, ignition says E and the other has H.
See you next year!