General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Beware of Kidcutty, Ricardo M Gonzalez

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:00 PM

Beware of Kidcutty, Ricardo M Gonzalez

Re: rear defrost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidcutty
Hey carl,sorry about the misunderstanding,i thought that was the defroster,my bad,send the part back and when i get it i will issue a full refund.

Best reguards

Rick

The power has been out here for 3.5 days.
Did you get the box?

Carl - Dallas

This email was sent two weeks ago, and Ricardo M Gonzalez (Rick) has not responded, nor refunded the money.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
Just A BaBy {:

well that's not good.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:41 AM

Bummer!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:49 AM

What did you get that was supposed to be a defroster?
Sorry to hear....
How did you pay?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:50 AM
Just A BaBy {:

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
What did you get that was supposed to be a defroster?
Sorry to hear....
How did you pay?

hope with PayPal.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:02 AM

How is he fogging up the rear glass ??? just kidding That does stink
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:17 AM
Alb

Kidcutty

I bought an A/C unit from him.Was suppose to have all the duct work too. Didn't get that but everything else was there and in good shape. He packaged well so there was no damage to anything that I did receive. Which is surprising with FEDEX. Had alot of trouble with stuff being damaged from them.
Alb
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:23 AM
Banned

he posted on here 2 days ago,pm the guy.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:32 AM
Past Administrator

There is always the unplanned possibility that he has a good reason for not responding. Death in family, etc......

Let's try to be understanding, not saying you may have a beef with him but I just don't want our site to become a place to publicly flame each other. The sword cuts both ways and I am sure he will respond. Then all we have is a he-said he-said situation.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:14 PM

It is just a warring. I don't want this to be anything more then a warring to the a--holes that like to rip people off. Sorry.

Last edited by hamm36; March 4th, 2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old March 5th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Easy Does It!

re

Wow just had this post brought to my attention,I never have and do not intend on ripping anybody off specially a fellow member on here. There was a mis understanding on the parts shipped,Ham returned the item and I received it,to be honest i havent even opened the box to make sure everything is there,but I trust you ham.

As for the refund I did say I would refund the payment when i got the heater back,but you Ham filed a claim so that automatically held your payment from my account untill the case was settled.When i received the package the case closed and the full amount was subtracted from my paypal account and returned to you or your credit card company,I know you sent a paypal payment but I dont know if you used a credit card. I dont know exactly how paypals procedure works,but all i know is that the payment was removed from my account.

you say you havent gotten your refund and theres no way for me to tell if thats true(not saying your lying but its out of my hands) I feel bad cause i misunderstood what you wanted to buy and so im willing to sell the unit and give you whatever i get for it if thats okay with you bro.
Old March 5th, 2010, 08:15 PM

Seems like a reasonable explanation to me. Paypal can be confusing for those of us who don't use it that often. Can't see anyone ripping people off especially if they are a regular. Hamm, check you CC statement when it comes and see if it's there. Or call you CC company on their 1 800 number. They can probably tell you immediately if you account was credited.
Old March 6th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Crazy Canuck

We use PayPal at work to process online payments and some of the procedures are crazy. Almost to vague because you can't tell if payment has been returned and the information they provide is ridiculous. Given my experience with Paypal, everything Kidcutty says in regards to pp makes sense.
Old March 6th, 2010, 06:40 AM

I just went thru a paypal reimbursement on my CC. The sent me a email saying they were seeking reimbursement from the seller, and I should have my reimbursement in 5-10 business days. Kept checking my paypal account nothing, 2 weeks later had heard nothing, checked my CC statement, and the reimbursement was applied to my CC the day after they sent the email. Guess they figured they did their part and were done.
Old March 6th, 2010, 02:28 PM

I think this is why I'm afraid to use paypal. Heard too many horry stories about getting your money back from them.
Old March 6th, 2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by 67 Cutlass
I think this is why I'm afraid to use paypal. Heard too many horry stories about getting your money back from them.

I just tried to pay Tim [Clothman] for some cleaning clothes and the Paypal system is FUBAR

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...gotta-try.html

I hate it
Old March 6th, 2010, 03:10 PM

PayPal is nice when it's a trouble free transaction, but if there are any issues at all you can plan on a month of BS!

I refuse to use paypal anymore after my last dealings with them almost destroyed my reputation on another site. If it costs me a sale or prevents me from making a purchase because I won't use them, so be it!
Old March 7th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Crazy Canuck

Agreed.

[QUOTE=dzrick;155065]PayPal is nice when it's a trouble free transaction, but if there are any issues at all you can plan on a month of BS!
Old March 7th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Banned

some people should just stay off the computer.
Old March 7th, 2010, 07:25 AM
zed

Originally Posted by dzrick
PayPal is nice when it's a trouble free transaction, but if there are any issues at all you can plan on a month of BS!

I refuse to use paypal anymore after my last dealings with them almost destroyed my reputation on another site. If it costs me a sale or prevents me from making a purchase because I won't use them, so be it!
I got hosed on an ebay deal with Paypal. That was enough to make me never use Paypal or sell on ebay again.
Old March 7th, 2010, 08:43 AM

I've used paypal for a long time without any problems at all. Odd to hear that others have had so many problems. I will be on the the watch for simlar actions
Old March 7th, 2010, 09:59 AM
is Fast Enough ...

They are so slow ...

I like what you did with your grille Kid ...

Fang free you have a nice open "Maw" ...
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:03 PM

Just to think? All of this would/could have been avoided. Someone could have responded: "Yes, I got the box and the refund is on the way."
But I am sure that was to much trouble.
Not to menchen loss of a $4 roll of tap, $23 shipping and a trip to a drop box just because someone does not know one part from another.
IT is nice to see people responded to emails when the money is moving in their direction, but when it is going the other way to put it off with no communication. Truly, what is one to think?
Old March 7th, 2010, 03:29 PM
is Fast Enough ...

Originally Posted by hamm36
Just to think? All of this would/could have been avoided. Someone could have responded: "Yes, I got the box and the refund is on the way."
But I am sure that was to much trouble.
Not to menchen loss of a $4 roll of tap, $23 shipping and a trip to a drop box just because someone does not know one part from another.
IT is nice to see people responded to emails when the money is moving in their direction, but when it is going the other way to put it off with no communication. Truly, what is one to think?
Good practice for dealing with Doctors ...
Old March 7th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Originally Posted by citcapp
I've used paypal for a long time without any problems at all. Odd to hear that others have had so many problems. I will be on the the watch for simlar actions

Me also,with all the calendar transactions I have done over the last 3 years with hardly a problem..1000's of transactions I might note............Jerr
Old March 7th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Land Yacht Captain

Same here. I have never had an issue using paypal.com. I find the only people who have issues are people who sell things using paypal and have unhappy customers.
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:05 PM
zed

Originally Posted by 66ninetyeightls
Same here. I have never had an issue using paypal.com. I find the only people who have issues are people who sell things using paypal and have unhappy customers.
Not always.It just takes one slime ball to burn you bad enough that you give up on the whole ebay thing.
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:21 PM

In my case it was the fact that a guy "bought" some corvette parts from me but after he made pymt though paypal and after paypal mailed the check out but before I received it, he changed his mind.
I informed both paypal and the "buyer" that I would return the check to paypal as soon as I received it.
It took over a month to straighten things out.

Paypal is part of E-bay and I don't like either one.

BTW, I parted out a complete '68 corvette and never had an unhappy customer.

Last edited by dzrick; March 8th, 2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old March 8th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Land Yacht Captain

The fact that a slimeball burned you is an issue with the slimeball not ebay or paypal.

Originally Posted by zed
Not always.It just takes one slime ball to burn you bad enough that you give up on the whole ebay thing.

Since when does Paypal send out checks??? In order to have a verified account you need to link your paypal account to an actual bank account at which point they just transfer the money into the account. I had no idea they sent out checks!!

Originally Posted by dzrick
In my case it was the fact that a guy "bought" some corvette parts from me but after he made pymt though paypal and after paypal mailed the check out but before I received it, he changed his mind.
I informed both paypal and the "buyer" that I would return the check to paypal as soon as I received it.
It took over a month to straighten things out.

Paypal is part of E-bay and I don't like either one.

BTW, I parted out a complete '68 corvette and never had an unhappy customer.
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:52 AM
zed

The fact that a slimeball burned you is an issue with the slimeball not ebay or paypal.

Since when does Paypal send out checks??? In order to have a verified account you need to link your paypal account to an actual bank account at which point they just transfer the money into the account. I had no idea they sent out checks!!
But when there is a dispute and one is a US Paypal user with over a thousand transactions vs a Canadian with 90+, Paypal sides with where the money is (their income).Regardless of the details.
Old March 9th, 2010, 10:55 AM

You can use paypal to join our car club. They deposit the money in our "account". No cheques involved. So, that's news to me too.
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:37 PM

Getting paid by check is an option.

I'm glad most of you haven't had any problems using paypal and I hope you never do, I did and I won't use them anymore.
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I just tried to pay Tim [Clothman] for some cleaning clothes and the Paypal system is FUBAR
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...gotta-try.html
I hate it
Sorry to hear Jamesbo. I sent a money transfer to Clothman on Friday for his "Spring special" offer. Worked slik as a pinch of whale ***** on an iceberg. He had the money faster than a 2 bit ***** can steal yer money.

We must think alike when it comes to cleaning supplies. I asked Tim to send me some business cards so I can pass them around and maybe drum up some business for him.

In all the transactions I've used Paypal for, I gotta say Ive never been screwed except that I don't like their exchange rate. They processed everything fast. Knock on wood, hope the good luck continues..
Old March 11th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by 442much
You can use paypal to join our car club. They deposit the money in our "account". No cheques involved. So, that's news to me too.
Ken....you spelled "checks" wrong......oh wait , I forgot....Canadian!
Old March 12th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by ent72olds
Zo, mine frend. Yu want us to spell it Czechs? No wait I'll just pay cash.
Old March 12th, 2010, 08:10 PM

That would be: Cazh.
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:39 PM

another option is United States Postal Money Order if they default on it's called wire fraud
Old March 13th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by hamm36
that would be: Cazh.
:d:d
Old March 14th, 2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by ent72olds
"Check" refers to checking something off a list or in hockey giving someone a check. "Cheque" refers to writing a promissary note as in writing a cheque, if you are using correct English. Just as "center" means in the middle of something whereas "centre" is a place where people gather such as a shopping centre or a sports centre. I suppose I coud say that I'd like to by sumthing for my Oldsmobile, but spelling it like that woud not be rite. Class dismissed.
Old March 14th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Land Yacht Captain

You tell em Ken!!! LOL

Quick Reply: Beware of Kidcutty, Ricardo M Gonzalez