Fuse Panel Diagram in Service Manual?

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2012, 06:12 AM

Fuse Panel Diagram in Service Manual?

IS there a fuse layout in the service manual for 1972? A couple lights in the passenger compartment don't work, and I'm wondering If I have a bad fuse. I took them out and looked at them, and I can't find a single one that's burnt out.

If I had the layout I could replace 1 or 2, and know if it's a fuse or something bigger. Went through the Chassis Electrical section on the service manual, can't find one. Only thing I could find was a list of the circuits and what they are for, but not which circuits are where in the fuse panel.
Old September 29th, 2012, 06:22 AM

Let me rephrase here, all the supposed designations are no longer on my fuse block. Does anyone have a 72 Cutlass and able to take / post up a decent resolution picture of their fuse block, so I can match up to mine, and check them?

I've got a few things not working, like my cigarette lighter socket, my directional arrows on the dash, and the temp/oil/brake lights on the left gauge. But other things on those circuits are working... hmm.
Old September 29th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Lansing built

1972 service manual

Here you go!
join wildaboutcars, and free to join and access!
http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/membe...ection_12A.pdf
pg 12-5 or pdf#5

Pat
Old September 29th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by jpc647
Let me rephrase here, all the supposed designations are no longer on my fuse block. Does anyone have a 72 Cutlass and able to take / post up a decent resolution picture of their fuse block, so I can match up to mine, and check them?
Sounds like you're looking for this diagram: (its from the Assembly Manual, not the CSM). BTW, I'd start with checking the bulbs to see if they are burnt out or have corroded contacts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
fuse block 72.jpg (91.7 KB, 419 views)
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:54 AM

Pat,

Wow i flipped right past it in the manual, was expecting a full page diagram I guess.

Originally Posted by Allan R
Sounds like you're looking for this diagram: (its from the Assembly Manual, not the CSM). BTW, I'd start with checking the bulbs to see if they are burnt out or have corroded contacts.
I've swapped the bulbs around to test, and its definitely the cluster, or the circuits for the oil, temp, and brake lights. I determined last night there is no juice going out to the senders, the oil pressure one, or the temperature one. So it might be grounding out somewhere else. I traced the harness around the passenger side of the motor and around the back where it ties into the harness. Not sure if it goes directly to the fuse panel or if it goes up to the junction box on the firewall. Need to peel the harness back tonight/tomorrow to find out.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Have you also checked the fuse box to see if the holders aren't corroded? If they are no current will flow. I remember you saying
all the supposed designations are no longer on my fuse block
so possibly this panel has seen better days? BTW, where are you located?