1957 Olds Super 88 2dr hardtop rear window regulators

Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:47 AM

1957 Olds Super 88 2dr hardtop rear window regulators

I am in need of pictures/diagrams of power rear window regulators for a 1957 Olds Super 88 2dr hrdtop. My father and I are in the process of changing out the manual regulators to power in his '57 and he purchased a set of power regulators (supposed to be right) but they don't seem to be a correct application. We are not sure if any other GM models from this era would be a correct application('57 Chevy) for the regulators. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, Todd
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:15 AM

Four door is different than two door...Pontiac is usually closer to Olds than Chebby stuff... I am NOT taking my car apart to do a photo op...
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:43 AM

I appreciate the reply. I hope the rear regulators we currently have are for a two door AND for a '57. Dealing with these older parts is difficult because of a lack of part numbers(can't find any on the ones we have) printed/stamped into the part. The regulators we are attempting to install have a single arm. I wouldn't want to tear into my ride to get pictures either . If I were to post a pic or two of the regulators we are attempting to use, do you think you could identify them?? I know it's asking alot but the manuals we have don't really give a decent detail in pictures of the similarities/differences in model interchange for a '57. Once again I appreciate your reply to my inquiry. Todd
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:11 AM

Sorry... I forgot that I have an inter-change manual...it does not show an inter-change from Olds to the other GM's...the parts book does have parts numbers and lots of them; the electric regulators are LH 423447 and RH 423446 for '57 & '58 Holiday Coupe only ...all the other years and models do not have the same part numbers
Old October 5th, 2012, 04:34 AM

Thank you very much for the info and part numbers! It looks like my father got ahold of a salvage yard that he previously used to purchase the front vent window mechanisms for his '57, they said that the '57 they removed the mechanisms from has power windows, if so he is going to purchase the rear regulators. I just hope they are different from the supposed '57 regulators we have attempted to install. The seller said these were for a '57 but nothing really lines up bolt wise and/or the arm/motor hits the window track. Thank you once again for the info, greatly appreciated. Todd
Old October 6th, 2012, 02:50 AM

Also......the power buttons on my 98 are on the rear arm rests and the fronts are on the ends of the dash...'57 front buttons are different than '58 but are inter-changeable...so, while you are at the mall getting the regulators, check out the switches as well...