another one! 1969 delta 88

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Monzaz is very knowledgeable and experienced with rears, and there's a good chance he's got the parts you need.

- Eric
Old January 30th, 2017, 03:10 PM

thank you

As always thankyou for the reply and info.
Old March 5th, 2017, 10:38 AM

this is my 69 Delta 88 Custom, bought it last summer and in the moment it´s in a shop for a complete Motor revision. it´s a 455 2bbl with 310hp.had a new Paint job , interior is in good condition,, just a few details i have to fix. hope to get him back the next time, i´d like to enjoy the car, not ONLY the repairs, although to drive............

Last edited by Michael Amrhein; March 5th, 2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: wrong word
Old March 5th, 2017, 10:49 AM

delta

that is one beautiful delta! I'm in the same boat with the I'd like to enjoy the car and not just the repairs I'm making!
Old March 5th, 2017, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Amrhein
this is my 69 Delta 88 Custom, bought it last summer and in the moment it´s in a shop for a complete Motor revision. it´s a 455 2bbl with 310hp.had a new Paint job , interior is in good condition,, just a few details i have to fix. hope to get him back the next time, i´d like to enjoy the car, not ONLY the repairs, although to drive............
Nice car is that original color? Got any pictures of interior?
Old March 5th, 2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by SeanMiller063
that is one beautiful delta! I'm in the same boat with the I'd like to enjoy the car and not just the repairs I'm making!
Hey Sean how the project coming?
Old March 5th, 2017, 12:41 PM

project

well Eric, Its a project thats for sure! I had lost interest for a little while put it up for sale sadly my motivation just wasn't there. I ended up fixing some little stuff when someone came to look at the car and taking it for a drive, luckily the buyer backed out and I started getting my motivation back for the project!

I'm currently taking to someone from Socaljetboats forum about a motor (bored .30 over, roller rockers, tunnel ram.. spun bearing) thats close to what I had planned for the car and someone locally about a 12 bolt rear end from a 1965 impala with 3.3? gear ratio open but only $250 and I'm pretty sure almost a bolt in for the car. So sill planning! I would love to do a ford 4 speed toploader something strong enough to hold the tq from the car and if i recall correctly the 3 speed toploader was used in the 3 speed manual delmonts

but who knows. If i end up getting what I'm asking for the car before funds come in for the parts I may still sell. I've been itching to build an XJS v12 or maybe a Vista cruiser or even a gasser.... who knows its like I have automotive ADD

but every time I drive the car I fall back in love.. the sound and just the feel keep me coming back for more..
Old March 5th, 2017, 01:12 PM

also need a new fuel tank.... any suggestions? I had thought FUEL CELL!!! but the expense and difficulty of having to either mount it under the car or in the trunk and then seal the trunk and no longer be able to really use it for daily use and to fill with stuff from the store or camping gear or lawn chairs whatever have you is preventing me from going the rout... well slowing it down.. any stock tank or stock tank style swap ideas ?? If i do keep the car it would be cool to someday go efi so I would like to have a tank with that capability..
Old March 5th, 2017, 01:57 PM

also need a new fuel tank.... any suggestions? I had thought FUEL CELL!!! but the expense and difficulty of having to either mount it under the car or in the trunk and then seal the trunk and no longer be able to really use it for daily use and to fill with stuff from the store or camping gear or lawn chairs whatever have you is preventing me from going the rout... well slowing it down.. any stock tank or stock tank style swap ideas ?? If i do keep the car it would be cool to someday go efi so I would like to have a tank with that capability..
Well i getting my car repainted ,But the painter broke his ankle before starting on my car .😔😕 I have all the materials for the respray just waiting for him to get well. Trying to get it done before the little lady comes back from Latvian winter vaction😉.She asking what taking so long she ready to start cruising in April or May she's missing warm weather😃
Old March 5th, 2017, 01:58 PM

the original Paint was tahitian tourquise, this is a paint similar to it.
Old March 5th, 2017, 02:16 PM

the original Paint was tahitian tourquise, this is a paint similar to it.
Nice, were you located ?
Old March 5th, 2017, 02:39 PM

Bavaria, Germany
Old March 5th, 2017, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by eric66
Well i getting my car repainted ,But the painter broke his ankle before starting on my car .😔😕 I have all the materials for the respray just waiting for him to get well. Trying to get it done before the little lady comes back from Latvian winter vaction😉.She asking what taking so long she ready to start cruising in April or May she's missing warm weather😃
Your repainting that beautiful blue!? maybe its just from the other side of the computer screen but that paint looks pretty good!

and woah what a nice interior! mine has been redone with some crazy awful fabric! but if i keep this one long enough it'll get done too

if i end up with a 4 on the floor buckets and a console won't be far behind!
Old March 5th, 2017, 03:08 PM

Your repainting that beautiful blue!? maybe its just from the other side of the computer screen but that paint looks pretty good!

and woah what a nice interior! mine has been redone with some crazy awful fabric! but if i keep this one long enough it'll get done too

if i end up with a 4 on the floor buckets and a console won't be far behind!
It a 10 footer it got spots I wanted to taken care of before they get too bad I will keep you posted when the work starts and get completed. I will painted the car the same color and yes I will have close to thousand dollars in materials to do it. right
Old March 5th, 2017, 03:12 PM
69 Delta Custom Holiday

Bavaria, Germany
...und woher genau - vielleicht können wir im Sommer mal zusammen eine Runde drehen :-)

Translation: where exactly - maybe we can have a common cruise this summer :-)
Old March 5th, 2017, 03:15 PM

Bavaria, Germany
I kind of thought so from the German architect of the building behind you is similar to the little town that my girl come from call Kuldga,Latvia . How much do they charge for 93 octane gasoline in Germany.
Old March 5th, 2017, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by snail
...und woher genau - vielleicht können wir im Sommer mal zusammen eine Runde drehen :-)

Translation: where exactly - maybe we can have a common cruise this summer :-)
Aschaffenburg, ist 30min von Frankfurt entfernt.
werde beim StreetMag Treffen in Geiselwind sein.
Old March 5th, 2017, 03:23 PM

I kind of thought so from the German architect of the building behind you is similar to the little town that my girl come from call Kuldga,Latvia . How much do they charge for 93 octane gasoline in Germany.
the castle in the background was totally destroyed in 2. WW, afterwards they rebuilt it from scratch.
http://www.schloesser.bayern.de/deut...kte/as_joh.htm

1 Liter is about 1.35 € ,.........................
Old March 5th, 2017, 04:30 PM

ouch on those prices but the car looks great!
Old March 5th, 2017, 05:20 PM

the castle in the background was totally destroyed in 2. WW, afterwards they rebuilt it from scratch.
http://www.schloesser.bayern.de/deut...kte/as_joh.htm

1 Liter is about 1.35 € ,.........................
About $5.50 a gal
Old March 6th, 2017, 08:30 AM
69 Delta Custom Holiday

Gas price

About $5.50 a gal
This is the price for 95 oct. But mine normally gets 98 oct. fuel which is almost about 5.90 $/gal
Old March 6th, 2017, 08:53 AM

This is the price for 95 oct. But mine normally gets 98 oct. fuel which is almost about 5.90 $/gal
$120 to fill up
Old March 6th, 2017, 09:06 AM

Must be rocket fuel for that price.lol It running $2.89 for gal for 93 in the Cleveland Area this morning. But just like the weather in ohio it will change in hours
Old March 6th, 2017, 01:30 PM
69 Delta Custom Holiday

$120 to fill up
honestly, it´s more than 120$ - but it´s a toy and to be honest it does not really matters if you drive about 1.000 to 1.500 miles in a year.

There is more to spent for insurance, tax and especially maintenance ;-)
But of course I would prefer to spent the Money for upgrades or parts than for fuel...
Old March 6th, 2017, 02:22 PM

Give you a head up Classic Industries is coming out with a catalog 4 Olds Delta 88 within the year try to order yourself one..
Old March 6th, 2017, 02:32 PM

honestly, it´s more than 120$ - but it´s a toy and to be honest it does not really matters if you drive about 1.000 to 1.500 miles in a year.

But of course I would prefer to spent the Money for upgrades or parts than for fuel...
Luckly i'm a old fart now i get a break on insurance by owning a house but i get it,summer time can't get here soon enough just driving to nowhere . After the paint job i will put in control arm bushings in to cut down on wondering feeling and a new gear box.
Old March 6th, 2017, 03:10 PM
69 Delta Custom Holiday

Give you a head up Classic Industries is coming out with a catalog 4 Olds Delta 88 within the year try to order yourself one..
where can I get one?
Old March 6th, 2017, 03:12 PM
69 Delta Custom Holiday

... summer time can't get here soon enough just driving to nowhere . After the paint job i will put in control arm bushings in to cut down on wondering feeling and a new gear box.
Thumbs up !
Old March 6th, 2017, 04:06 PM

where can I get one?
Old March 6th, 2017, 04:15 PM

I would love to get back over their to see more parts on Europe especially your Homeland. Unfortunately I'm a financier of some of other people making it back home if you get what I mean😉
Old April 30th, 2017, 02:39 PM

So its been a while.. and for a reason... I'm ashamed to say that I sold the olds.
Old April 30th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Not surprised. I hope it found a good home.

What are you looking for as your next one?

I hope we were able to provide a small amount of help on this board.

- Eric
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:49 PM

So its been a while.. and for a reason... I'm ashamed to say that I sold the olds.
Keep your head up,Life events happens and their another oldsmobile out their when the right time come along
Old June 3rd, 2017, 01:21 PM

thanks Eric66, I'm Active Duty, I got orders and the hassle of getting a 3rd car to where I was going would have been more than I needed at the time also as much as I love the 69 delta I want something different in the long run they make a great cruiser but under the paint i fear there was more than I bargained for in the need for body work department.

you guys have always been a great help and inspiration ever sense I got my first 88 in 2013 and I'm sure I'll keep coming back for more as I can't help but look for Oldsmobiles over any other brand first when thinking of building a project car I can't thank you guys enough!
Old June 3rd, 2017, 09:10 PM

thanks Eric66, I'm Active Duty, I got orders and the hassle of getting a 3rd car to where I was going would have been more than I needed at the time also as much as I love the 69 delta I want something different in the long run they make a great cruiser but under the paint i fear there was more than I bargained for in the need for body work department.

you guys have always been a great help and inspiration ever sense I got my first 88 in 2013 and I'm sure I'll keep coming back for more as I can't help but look for Oldsmobiles over any other brand first when thinking of building a project car I can't thank you guys enough!
God bless you for your service and stay safe