Uh oh!

Old June 28th, 2016, 09:17 AM

Uh oh!

I think the shop that setup my gear set bent one of the bushing ears. I didn't want to mess it up so I asked them to press them in.
The new tubular control arms aren't lining up and I can't get the bushing cap on that side either. It gets pinched between the ear and the pumpkin.
Anything I can do about it? I've tried using the "F" word a few times but it's not helping.
Old June 28th, 2016, 09:33 AM
72 Olds CS

Is that piece thicker than the originals? Can u see its bent? Is the rest of the rear end fasteners tight or can you jiggle it together? Can you put that end on first? Pic?

Those bushings go in and out easier than contriol arm bushings IMO.
Old June 28th, 2016, 09:41 AM

I've got it together but it's definitely bent. And there's a big gash in the new bushing on the exit side. I'll get pics up a little later. I still have the lowers to bolt up, hopefully that will go okay. Will it effect driving/steering?
Old June 28th, 2016, 10:01 AM

Okay, it's all together. I just need to torque all the bolts and then I can start on the brakes. I have the springs oriented correctly too. I still couldn't use the bushing cap on that side. I could have trimmed it but it wouldn't have left much of the cap.
Old June 28th, 2016, 10:02 AM

I'm going to move this conversation/documentation to the other thread. Thanks for the insights, Retro.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...gear-swap.html

Search this Thread