Ram Rod 350 Fender Decal

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2011, 09:43 AM

Ram Rod 350 Fender Decal

Does anyone have a factory spec sheet for the location of the fender sticker for the '68 Ram Rod 350?
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442ric
Does anyone have a factory spec sheet for the location of the fender sticker for the '68 Ram Rod 350?
I'm sure someone with a 68 Chassis service manual will be able to scan and post the info you're looking for. In the meantime, if you're in a hurry, you can also get the information from Dr. Decal (Mark Cornea). They not only sell the decal, but provide information about proper placement on the car. They do suggest that you consult the chassis service manual in addition to their info.

Did you just do a repaint?

Here's the link if you want it: http://www.drdecal.com/store/search....page=&ccat=142 (decal is item 176 costs 10.00)

Post a pic of your car so we can all see how good it's looking...
Old May 27th, 2011, 02:06 PM

Thanks Alan. I checked in the A-body assembly manual and found no reference. I don't have a '68 service manual. I thought that if it would be anyplace, it would be in the PDM.

This is a friend's car. It is the Victor George Olds (Flint, MI) '68 F-85 W31 car that appeared as part of a three-car test article in Car Craft in Aug '68. It is Ebony Black with a teal interior. I'll post some pics when we get the stickers applied.
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I wish I had better info for you. Did a web search for the ramrod and came up with the following pics. Hope they help you. NB!! I don't know if they are correct, but they sure look good!

Old May 27th, 2011, 03:17 PM
"Car"mudgeon

The WAC website has it here is the link and it is in section 14.

http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...aldisplayed=16
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wow, nice link GA
According to that info, the red car pic is wrong and the baroque color is right!
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:55 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Hey no prob Allan. Wild About Cars is a neat website that is free to join and has a vast database that is downloadable for anyone who wants to view it, just as long as you don't try to print it and sell it or GM may come knocking. They are continually updating the database with new material and I am even donating to it regularly with documents, brochures, magazines etc. They are partnering with the Automobile Preservation Society in an effort to preserve as much data as possible on one website for everyone interested. www.wac.com is basically several car clubs and forums within the site, the main one being www.oldsperformanceclub.com. Pretty neat stuff if you ever need data, but this (CO) is by far the best Oldsmobile forum on the net. IMHO They have forums within but it hasn't taken off really well just yet. Well worth the join and you could spend a long time just browsing the downloads. Everyone is welcome to check it out and join up, but again as far as the excitement and camaraderie this is the place to be.
Old May 30th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Hey no prob Allan. Wild About Cars is a neat website that is free to join and has a vast database that is downloadable for anyone who wants to view it, just as long as you don't try to print it and sell it or GM may come knocking. They are continually updating the database with new material and I am even donating to it regularly with documents, brochures, magazines etc. They are partnering with the Automobile Preservation Society in an effort to preserve as much data as possible on one website for everyone interested. www.wac.com is basically several car clubs and forums within the site, the main one being www.oldsperformanceclub.com. Pretty neat stuff if you ever need data, but this (CO) is by far the best Oldsmobile forum on the net. IMHO They have forums within but it hasn't taken off really well just yet. Well worth the join and you could spend a long time just browsing the downloads. Everyone is welcome to check it out and join up, but again as far as the excitement and camaraderie this is the place to be.
GA- I joined WAC last night. Need some time to surf through it and 'get assimilated'. Where did you go on the site to find that download of the 69 Chassis service manual?
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:27 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Allan just click the red "downloads" tab from any forum once inside and click "Download Factory Technical Manuals" then click on "Oldsmobile" and click on "Factory Service manuals" then from there you can click on any from '62-'72 sans the '63. Hope this helps and one more thing every 1st Wednesday of the month there is a live webcast meeting that is pretty neat. Cheers.
Scot