My 1975 Olds Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2017, 10:15 PM

My 1975 Olds Cutlass

Hey guys! New to the site. I'm from Long Island if anyone is from around there. But anyways, I bought a 75 4 door Cutlass in June of 2014 with 74k miles for cheap in decent condition. Original paint, a slightly ripped bench seat, a dented bumper, and a few rust spots here and there.

It's a slow progressed project since I'm young but I will definitely restore it. I do have a few questions though. From the day I bought the car the A/C doesnt work(original, so it probably needs a charge or conversion), the heater selection doesnt work, but VENT does, also the HI button doesn't work as well, the rear defroster also doesnt work. Does anyone have any explanations as to why these few things dont work?

Overall the car is mechanically fine!

Thank you guys! Can't wait to talk in this forum more.
Old February 12th, 2017, 01:39 PM

Read this thread should help you with your high blower setting, there is a inline fuse on the firewall in a orange wire. The 73-77 forum is good for info but is impossible to join currently.

http://www.73-77olds.com/forums/show...ghlight=Blower
Old February 12th, 2017, 11:56 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by UrbanBurban
Hey guys! New to the site. I'm from Long Island if anyone is from around there. But anyways, I bought a 75 4 door Cutlass in June of 2014 with 74k miles for cheap in decent condition. Original paint, a slightly ripped bench seat, a dented bumper, and a few rust spots here and there.

It's a slow progressed project since I'm young but I will definitely restore it. I do have a few questions though. From the day I bought the car the A/C doesnt work(original, so it probably needs a charge or conversion), the heater selection doesnt work, but VENT does, also the HI button doesn't work as well, the rear defroster also doesnt work. Does anyone have any explanations as to why these few things dont work?

Overall the car is mechanically fine!

Thank you guys! Can't wait to talk in this forum more.

Welcome to Classic Olds, I see you posted in How many of us 73-77 guys here, thanks.
The A/C may have some seals dried up, I removed the air from my 76 for now since I don't drive the car much.
Their may be some good A/C guys that can help you with that if you start a thread in the appropriate column.
As for the heater selection, do you have power going to the relay on the upper firewall. Ist relay inon the passenger side.
Their is also 2 vacuum lines running to the heater box under the drivers side dash, I forget the colour of the lines, but check for vacuum when your moving the selector.
I hope this helps a little
Eric