Steering box upgrade question?

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2016, 07:30 PM

Steering box upgrade question?

Okay, I'm in the middle of a Jeep Cherokee gearbox swap. I'm to the point of installing the fittings to adapt the box to flare fitting style hoses. I'm using the Borgeson 925122 fittings. Problem is, there are 3 bushings in the kit. none which will press into the pressure side of the box. They're all too small and just lay in the pump with no friction fit.

So here's my question... does it matter that the fitting wont press in? Once the hose is attached, that fitting isn't going anywhere.

Am I misguided on this?
Old September 4th, 2016, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by 1968_Post
Okay, I'm in the middle of a Jeep Cherokee gearbox swap. I'm to the point of installing the fittings to adapt the box to flare fitting style hoses. I'm using the Borgeson 925122 fittings. Problem is, there are 3 bushings in the kit. none which will press into the pressure side of the box. They're all too small and just lay in the pump with no friction fit.

So here's my question... does it matter that the fitting wont press in? Once the hose is attached, that fitting isn't going anywhere.

Am I misguided on this?
Jeff,

I had basically the same issue as you but one of mine pressed in tight and the other just laid in there. Both sealed tight and worked fine. I got the fittings from Summit
Old September 4th, 2016, 07:52 PM

Thanks Mike, this was driving me nuts!

I was sure I did something wrong, even though I checked at least 5 times before tapping one in. I got the return side pressed in but the pressure side was a no go. I'll finish that bugger up tomorrow...

Then I can look for something else to be paranoid about!