The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2017, 07:57 AM

I read about those "new Cobras", what are they called Daytona's? after Brock's original race cars. Fiberglass or aluminum $$. Ralph Braun, who writes for JWO, said in the most recent issue, that he has 10,000 vintage car mags!!
Old February 22nd, 2017, 08:16 AM
Captain Starfire

I loved collecting mag's before the big flood... My pride & joy was every issue of Car & Driver from 1971 to 2005, when the big wave moved thru. But I had quite a few other magazine collections. Funny, 'cause my Dad had 10 yrs of Motor Trend when the waves of Hurricane Betsy rolled thru our N.O. home in 1965... I still fantasize about reading about all the old Chrysler 300s in those Motor Trends!

Mike, I'm going thru all this with the GS so that I will be eventually totally happy with it. My only regret is that I paid about $6k too much! And for that, I accept the lion's share of the blame. The sheet metal, paint, suspension, and engine of the car are fabulous; it's just the hundreds of "little things" -- especially in the interior and unerhood items -- that should have raised the red flag.

So it's really just a matter of time & money... but I hope to have a few more good years ahead of me -- if the Good Lord says the same; so in a couple or few of those years, I'll be tooling in it to shows.

The only thing that is not in my immediate plans (as you & I recently discussed) is the buckets-console, since this one is bench-column. But with a few grand, I can upgrade when I hit about 70 y.o. if it's still important to me.

OK, it's back to the garage. I'm gonna' play with the Yamaha today...

Have a great Humpity, Olds compadres.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 10:36 AM

Evening all.

So.. FIS Nordic World Ski Championships began today on our city.
Fiancee went to Centrum to see fireworks and starting-ceremonies.
I didnt bother, i did heat sauna and spend ( once again) best 1,5 hours of my life there.
Oh my.......

Started to rain snow about hour ago. Not good.

Bee-Oh-Pee - I once collected magazines too, one of our own, named " Klassikko".
Nowadays i just buy a magazine what interest me on stand- at one point it was " Mobilisti", currently im buying English-origin " Octane".

Btw, good Wednesday everyone.

Ps. Ive asked this before, please can someone explain me what "humpity" means?

Last edited by Inline; February 22nd, 2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 10:44 AM

Inline, I the good ole U..S.A. Wednesday is known as "hump day" Cause your over the hump in the number of days of work before the weekend.

So Wednesday becomes humity as in Humpity Dumpity sat on a wall

Get it? Got it? Good
Old February 22nd, 2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Inline, I the good ole U..S.A. Wednesday is know as "hump day" Cause your over the hump in the number of days of work before the weekend.

So Wednesday becomes humity as in Humpity Dumpity sat on a wall

Get it? Got it? Good
Got it, thanks!
Old February 22nd, 2017, 02:28 PM

Hey Inline I'm glad you asked that because I was wondering the same!

WTF!!

This must be the strangest week of my life. After the downs of two break ins and two cars broken into comes a mega high. My planning permission that I didn't think stood a chance has only just gone and been approved. This is not the one at work, this is to build three, four bedroom detached houses on an old piece of land that I've owned for years. Basically I was just speculating and I honestly didn't think it stood a chance. It works out that today I've earned more money than I have in the last four years!! Sorry I just wanted to share some good news for a change.

We have a good magazine printed here called American Classic, it's a good read and my Cutlass has been in it.

Weather is cloudy with a bit of drizzle, tomorrow promises storms with 60-70mph wind.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 03:16 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

It seems the challenging nights at work are coming closer and closer together. I don't like that at all. Two of us fought a flight attendant seat all night last night, I'm actually bruised from it. My hands and arms are all torn up, my buddy cracked his head a couple times, just a bad mod on a bad design.

Working a 4 day week I guess it will be Hump Day when tonight is over. Or as soon as I get to work on Thursday. People still see me and go Mike Mike Mike Mike.

London if I had had your week, today's news would have me shouting from the rooftops. Good for you.

Jamesbo I saw this and thought of you and the monkeys.

Facebook Post

John I suppose as a youth I would have been all over bucket seats and a console. At this point I really have no opinion on which I'd have. Sure some cars -need- bucket seats and a console, but by and large, the car still drives the same. I had a neighbor who said he almost didn't buy his Plum Crazy Demon when he was 16 because it was bench seat automatic. When I knew him he'd owned the car several decades and he said it quickly became a non-issue.

Okay positive thoughts going, gonna be a good night at work. One thing I learned last night is Velcro takes off skin really easily.

Happy Hump everyone.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 10:47 PM

Good Morning.

Nice score LondonCutlass!! Why sorry about telling it? Its nice to read from successess, too.

That white s*** ("#"#/&" Already been hour outside doing snow-work, now came to drink coffee. I quess 2 hours still to go, and its constantly raining more.. 4-5 inches came at night.

Well, have a nice thursday everyone.

E: 2,5 hours doing snow-work. And it was heavy "melted" snow. Im done now.

Last edited by Inline; February 23rd, 2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 04:34 AM

Mawn'in

Wet but very warm

London/Inline, What do y'all call Wednesday besides Wednesday

Mike, Love the video/ The trailer that gives me the worst time is a jeep trailer with a very short tongue.

John, I see you've mastered the obvious. Yep, most things are a matter of time and money. Good luck. IMHO When you get it where you want it to be it's a PITA to keep the little thing "perfect"

I've gotten to the place where I want my cars to be fun not so much work. I find it funny that I'll drive my Cheby 4x4 3/4 truck around with a inch of mud on it and not think anything about it but when I wanta drive my 69 442 drop top, I wash it before and after it goes cruising

Have a great apres hump day Olds friends
Old February 23rd, 2017, 04:51 AM

Wednesday is called atleast in Finland as " small saturday/ little saturday" etc, hard to translate it exactly.
And what it means, is that people takes some alcohol/ go to bar at wednesday and make a break to working week, hence the name " little saturday". At thursday they go to work normally.
Its not that common to go drinking at wednesday, but the name comes there.

Last edited by Inline; February 23rd, 2017 at 04:53 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 12:12 PM

I would love to come up with something really interesting but Wednesday is called Wednesday here.

Quiet day today which makes a nice change. The storm that blew in across the country has brought down tree and power lines. One woman was killed by debris. The winds peaked around 90mph. I lost two fence panels and my recycling bin is nowhere to be seen.

Busy one tomorrow. I'm meeting a few developers who are interested in my building plot.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 03:33 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Better night last night, got home a little early as well. Hope things are back to normal.

Not much going on. Slept until 430. Seems someone has decided it's better to sleep on the bed rather than the floor. I can't blame him.

Jamesbo Tiger says hi back.

Funny, when the lake was coming up and I wanted it to stay down, it was almost full almost right away. Now that I want it to come up it's taking its sweet time.

So London is this going to be your own subdivision? You could name it after yourself.

Okay time to get ready and hit the road. Last one tomorrow. Have a good night everyone.
Old February 24th, 2017, 02:55 AM

Mawn'in

Warm and dry

Mike, Here's another place in town to shop for over priced classics
http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/lo...s?location=ATL

Forgive me if I have posted this before but IMHO it's the funniest thing I've ever seen on FB

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...a&action=click

Have a great day Olds friends
Old February 24th, 2017, 04:02 AM

Good day guys.

My face when i woke up today and saw more snow has rained during the night............

Well, its weekend. Sauna at evening, and watching the winter-games from tv.

Have a great weekend everybody!
Old February 24th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy TGIF from da' hills.... good trip up yesterday in the F-150. Man, it's sure nice having that 5.4 under the hood on the highway -- even if it gets half the Fusion mileage.

Mike, the console & buckets are more a "feeling & looking" upgrade, even though they don't affect drivability per se. But some of the "upgrades" I lust after affect the car's driving even less... I'm all about looking. Glad your night was better... hope it stays the norm.

Jamesbo, if you drive the car, it will get dirty (only dirty, if you're lucky). Keeping the Corvette looking the way it looks for 13 years, even with the low mileage, has been a challenge. Parking out in the boonies; not letting the bugs get hard; watching out for road obstacles (it can barely straddle a ladybug); washing; washing; and did I mention washing? But IMHO, it's worth it.

Y'all have a great weekend (and "big" Saturday"), Olds friends.
Old February 24th, 2017, 03:14 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Ah, Friday. This week was certainly a challenge. Hope the weekend has some fun in it.

John what is Big Saturday? Glad you had a good ride up. You must plan on putting the pickup to work.

Gosh Jamesbo, if you don't want to waste your money in Atlanta, there are 13 other places they will take your money. Never heard of a classic car "chain" before.

Almost 80 today. Glorious. I did see something disgusting this afternoon, yellow pollen collecting at the water's edge. Awful early for that.

Did I say I had decided on the Transit Connect for the new dog van? I'm not having luck finding one. There are a few around, but not many with windows. Most are high mileage and a lot are priced in the stratosphere. I didn't know they were made of gold. The blue van is okay for now, but in anticipating long trips I'd like to have something more economical, and know that it will do okay. I mean, I don't want to get something and then the next day take off on a 400 mile trip. I need to shake it down a little.

And time again to get ready. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old February 25th, 2017, 12:31 AM

Good Morning guys.

Beautiful day outside. Did some porridge to fiancee etc.

Not much to do today. Waiting for parts to my springs for Cutlass, then i can go get it back to its wheels.

Have a weekend everyone.
Old February 25th, 2017, 04:11 AM

Mawn'in

A little rain but still warm

Headed norte

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old February 25th, 2017, 05:48 AM

Morning all

Mike, good choice with the connect, good luck finding a good one. Over here I just had a look and you can get a decent 2010/11 model with 55k miles for £3500 but you would need to put in your own windows!

Good end to my week, the police have arrested someone for one of my break ins but are yet to charge him.

Looking after my little Grandson today, should be fun, however, he's staying the night and doesn't like to sleep alone so I will be in the spare room.

Have a safe weekend all.
Old February 25th, 2017, 07:47 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good night at work and end to my week. Got home fairly early and got some sleep. Now to enjoy this beautiful day. It is a bit windy.

London that's good news that they got one of them. Maybe he'll give up the others.

Dan speaking of sand dunes, I just saw where they pulled a Jeep out of a garage that had been covered by a shifting sand dune 40 years ago. In Boston I think. The Jeep was toast and they took it out in pieces.

Plenty to do this weekend, and I will start by a late breakfast at Awful house. Haven't decided if I want company. Got a couple errands, too.

Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old February 25th, 2017, 10:41 AM

A little duct tape, sweat, and it will be fine. http://www.southcoasttoday.com/news/...-sands-of-time

Last edited by 1969w3155; February 25th, 2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old February 26th, 2017, 12:27 AM

Morning.
Old February 26th, 2017, 04:04 AM

Mawn'in

Chili in the hills

John, sorry about the mishap in the Big EasyI went to Mardi Gras when I was a pup and once for me was too often.

Clint, Mike, I got a friend who gave his daughter a 66 Cheby set side and needs a bench seat. Do you know what years will fit?

Mike, Please keep and eye out next time ya go to the junque yard

I owe them a big favor.

Old February 26th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Full day already. Friends at Awful house, Lowes, PetSmart. Now to put it all together.

Went to see a Transit Connect yesterday and like it, so I'm gonna buy it. Did the paperwork yesterday and I'll pick it up tomorrow. I couldn't convince Tiger to drive it home for me. Not a bad deal, relatively low miles, not all beat up. I think I did good.

Jamesbo I'd say anything 60 to 66 would work without modification. Not many of those in the junkyard but I'll keep an eye out. Do you want something ready to go or a frame to take to the upholsterer?

John hope the concert was a success last night. I think the last concert I was at was Johnny B. and the Leisure Suits in the mid 90s.

Well, daylight is burning. What to do next. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Old February 26th, 2017, 08:03 AM

Mike, either or would be fine

Many thanks
Old February 26th, 2017, 11:44 AM

Hello,

Banging away on the weekend here. Doing what my aunt calls "pile driving," which is moving piles of stuff around the house. I think two closets will be full of Olds parts for my 442, maybe three. Did hook up the TV I was gifted, but only to a Super Famicon that I got in Japan last month (that's a Japanese market Super Nintendo from the 90s)

Need to pack the other bearing in my utility trailer so I can go see Ed Skaff next month and buy stuff. I have a couple purple SSIIIs that are going to be my trailer wheels; I will put a picture up.

I've never cared for bucket seat console cars on automatics. I always thought, if you want to bang gears, get a stick, otherwise, hang the shifter on the column for an auto and get the bench so the woman can get closer. Of course, bench seat floor shifts are cool, and I do have van with the most bastard shifter ever, a 3 on the tree with a snub nose van geometry, so the linkages go six feet back behind you to the trans.

Last edited by Koda; February 26th, 2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old February 26th, 2017, 10:04 PM

Good Morning.

Where this all snow comes from? Again yard is full of new snow...

Koda- Waiting for pics. Can only imagine otherwise

Have a good new week everybody.
Old February 27th, 2017, 04:33 AM

Mawn'in

Tis Monday so GTG

Old February 27th, 2017, 05:16 AM
Captain Starfire

Back in GA

And no, that's not our place in da' hills. LOL

NC was nice, but I was exhausted when we pulled back into the garage last night. But 'twas a great trip.

Biltmore has WAY more to see than I'd ever have dreamed (and of course, Better Half found a walking trail in the woods we had to test out! We put in at least a couple miles.)

Concert was fab... my only complaint was that for two groups, you'd think they could have performed for at least a couple hours total. It was "Exit, stage right" after the 1st encore, which made a total of about 1:45. If it hadn't been so darn entertaining, I'd have felt cheated. But they really seemed like they wanted to get the heck out of High Point.

Mike, my "alarm guy" friend, Barry, has a Transit Connect. His of course is the panel truck variety. To be quite frank, I've never been overly impressed with it (nor has he), but it does the job. He has well over 100k miles on it, and does the normal maintenance. It's prolly been washed once or twice in 7 years. I'm guessing his is maybe a 2011? It's strictly a work truck. I'm sure you've researched them and know that most are assembled in Turkey, and some (since 2011) in Romania.

OK, errands to do... Y'all have a great one, Olds friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 27th, 2017 at 06:03 AM.
Old February 27th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Captain Starfire

... And one from the Manhattan Transfer - Take 6 concert

Old February 27th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Late afternoon edition. I was all set to send a message this morning and the computer decided to be in a snit. The cursor turned into the hand, which is what it seemed to be telling me, talk to the hand, but it wouldn't click any of the links. I couldn't X out of the screen, either. So I just hit the off button and shut the whole thing down.

Went to the Awful house and a buddy of mine came over and we planted fence posts. I hope I can put up a board or two each day until it's finished. Hopefully this will contain Tiger when he's out chasing critters. After that my buddy gave me a lift to go pick up the new dogmobile. Then back to the Awful house. I asked my buddy how it looked going down the street, he said like a refrigerator.

John I knew the TC was built overseas, because it had an odd name for Final Assembly. I'll let my general disdain for foreign cars slide because I know the profits for this vehicle went to Dearborn. And I'm user #2 so every bit of my money stayed here in Georgia.

So rain. We will spend the rest of the day inside, though Tiger doesn't seem to mind getting rained on. Well I do. There's plenty to keep us busy. We might even crank up the stove.

Okay have a good day everyone. Work for me tomorrow.
Old February 27th, 2017, 09:47 PM

Morning.

Heard a pretty sure rumour that we have a shitload of work this year on my new employment Place.
Like as much as were able to stay up. Sounds... promising

Have a tuesday.

Last edited by Inline; February 27th, 2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old February 28th, 2017, 04:56 AM

Mawn'in

Rain left for a while

Played pretty good for an old guy yesterday 42/45

Congrats Inline, Glad you'll be busy soon. Hope it doesn't cut into your beer drinking sauna time too much

John, That's a lovely home you have there. How much are the real-estate taxes and the power bill ?

Koda, sounds like me boxing up. I've got so many boxes I had to build a shed to hold the friggin boxes.

Mike, Ya know I lost count a long time ago, but is this your only foreign car/truck??

Where's Clint and Scott? I'm gonna have to place them on probation

HAVE A Great day Olds friends
Old February 28th, 2017, 05:29 AM

Jamesbo - I have to say. Whenever you speak about golf, i understand nothing I barely know what golf is
It cuts, but its just good. Winter is correct time for that, summer is for working.
Old February 28th, 2017, 05:52 AM

Inline, Let's just leave it at "Good" for me is crap for the really good players
Old February 28th, 2017, 07:31 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful day out and gonna be warm! I should be sleeping but Tiger decided he wanted to play. Work tonight so I need to get more sleep in somewhere.

Jamesbo I'd consider the Transit Connect a domestic car. However, I do have imports, a Volkswagen and a DAF.

I emailed Scot not too long ago. He said that since his wife moved the computer to a different room he isn't on it as much. Although I see him on facebook quite a bit so he must do that on his phone. Clint is probably out shaking the bushes for an employee who might show up once in a while. Jamesbo you can add Darrell to the list.

Gotta fit Walmart and some fence work in somewhere today and more sleep, so have a good one and I'll check you all out later on.
Old February 28th, 2017, 01:26 PM

Evening all

Inline. Nice to hear you will have a busy summer.

Jamesbo. You really have too much time on your hands with the amount of golf you play.

Agreed a deal today for my building plot. I'm very happy with that.

I'm meeting my architect on Friday to discuss the rebuilding of my new home, good thing is the building plot will pay for my building work. I will put some pics up later this week.

Weather for London is sunny, cloudy, wet, dry, windy, calm!
Old February 28th, 2017, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by LondonCutlass
Jamesbo. You really have too much time on your hands with the amount of golf you play.

You've obviously never owned/run a cemetery

It's kinda like hurry up and wait
Old February 28th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Did okay with more sleep this afternoon, so should be okay for work. Seems the tree rats and the ground squirrels have been overly active today, so Tiger has been wanting to go outside constantly. Of course since we go out on a leash, I'm right behind him, sometimes feeling like George Jetson behind Astro on the treadmill.

Jamesbo I have three imports. The Amphicar is one. How could I forget it?

Didn't do Walmart or fence today. So I'm pretty much out of food. Hm this could be a good weight loss program. Nah, I'll just double up on the stupid **** at work. Maybe I'll get lucky and a plane will come in with extra brownies...

Okay off I go for night 1. Hope everyone enjoys their evening.
Old February 28th, 2017, 09:59 PM

Good Morning.

Jamesbo - Okay For that reply you suck vs really good ones

LondonCutlass - Your life must look near perfect currently, with new house coming and it getting funded by that building plot. I could also pay my house loan right away if i would sell half of my yard to building Company ( previous owner already did get the agreement from city to half the yard and form 2 yards), but i dont want to.
I prefer my neighbours as far away as possible

Wednesday. Really wet outside, been on plus-side now for two days.

Have a day everyone.