The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old July 1st, 2015, 07:54 PM

Good evening everyone!

Happy Canada Day to Allan and all the other Canucks on here. Feels weird to have a holiday in the middle of the week.

Can anyone who is in touch with Sandy send her my thoughts please? I miss her posts on here.

Canada Day was mostly wet here, but did manage to see some fireworks tonite.

Have a great rest of the week everyone.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 04:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Like Mike said, We had a late afternoon visit from Elsie

Fer Canada I Fixed sum fried Orkie from de garden. Yum

Scot, Have a safe trip but watch out fer dem sharks

Have a Great Day Olds friends
Old July 2nd, 2015, 04:14 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo that sure looks good. And I'm not even a big fan of Okra.

Happy Canada day to all our northerners.

Best chance today for thunderstorms. the Missus is working the store and took my dog so I have her two mutts for the shop this week. The kid is house sitting for her grandma so we are pretty out of the norm this week.

Happy thursday all.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 06:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin

Fresh and cool for now, but blue sky and sunny. Highs in the upper 80's later this afternoon. Killed some RLB's the past few days. There's some evidence they hide when I come out so prolly time to mist the lilies again with crysthanthemum and Pyrithin.

Okra? WTH is okra? I see lots of imports ferrying boxes of that stuff out of the market especially when it's on sale.

Sharks? What sharks? I don't like em. NC had a couple attacks in a couple days last week. That would keep me outta the water and in a nice safe pool.

Shaping up to be a quiet day.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 07:58 AM

That's what I like about Lake Michigan, salt and shark free!
Old July 2nd, 2015, 08:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

2 out of ??? Isn't bad I guess. There's still lampreys, Asian carp, snakeheads etc that are invading the Great Lakes. Yuck.

97 meelyun. Maybe get the elusive 100 meelyun next week or so.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 10:31 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home by 5 this morning, I couldn't believe it. Had a good sleep and got up before 1. Nice afternoon out, too.

The plan for the day is to find room on the driveway for the Mustang. My neighbor is coming back from New Jersey over the weekend so I have to move it. Actually I could probably leave it right where it is and she wouldn't mind, but she isn't the most careful with car doors, so it will come home. Why is it, the driveway was full, I moved 4 cars and two trailers to the shop, and the driveway is still full?

Jamesbo I've never tried okra. What is it like?

There's a couple hawks out in the back yard flying around making all sorts of noise. I like watching them, and I also appreciate that they keep the squirrels away.

Time to get going. See you's all later.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 01:30 PM
Just an Olds Guy

K, I just looked up Okra. Learn something new every day. Apparently they are spoda be good fer ya. So what's with this mucilegy thing they are talking about Jim? Does that mean these things are like eating veggies with glue in em?
Old July 2nd, 2015, 08:07 PM

Good evening everyone.

Nice sunny day today. Managed to take the Delta 88 out for the first time in 2 weeks or more. Such a nice cruiser.

Once when I was visiting Texas, a fellow CO member (I think it was Aaron with the white Custom Cruiser) suggested I try it when we met for lunch. I tried the deep-fried variety. That was 3 or 4 years ago, so I can't remember what it tasted like.

Mike, you have a magical driveway!

Have a great Friday!
Old July 3rd, 2015, 04:22 AM

Evening all, well we are back home after our Dubbo trip. I will have to copy the rest of the pics over but here are a couple for you to see.

Happy Canada Day to all my friends from the far north. Hope it was a good day for ya'll.

I keep the beard nice and clean Allan so no need to worry about birds moving in

Have a swell day peeps,

Adrian
Old July 3rd, 2015, 06:05 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Overcast this morning. Sometime last night we got about a minute of rain. It's humid out but not too warm just yet.

Adrian glad you had a good trip. We used to go to the zoo all the time when I was little. Always a good time.

Paul my Grandmother used to have a 79 88 coupe. What a nice car that was to drive. I sure wouldn't mind finding one. Beautiful deep red interior. The paint on that car sucked. It was originally silver, but in four short years it had turned a chalky, milky grey. Had an Olds 350 in it which I'm finding out was a rarity, I guess most of them had Chevy's.

Going up to see John and Better Half today. Should be a good time. The dogs will be stuck in their room all day. It's a good ride for the Mustang. Oh Clint, when I had the car in for its oil change, I asked them if there was something they could do about the colossal lag it had when first stepping on the gas, like changing software or something. He went on and on about how that's how it's supposed to be, if he changed something here it would affect something there, they always are looking for updates, like I was stupid or something. It annoyed me so I said, well I guess it won't shift like a Turbo Hydramatic. His preaching changed to muttering oh that's a General Motors trans. This ain't no damn Chevy.

Well hope everyone has a good Friday, and pre-July 4. Be careful with all them fireworks. I'm guessing we don't get mail today. Have a good day all.
Old July 3rd, 2015, 06:20 AM

Mawn'in all

Mike drive careful, It's really storm'in up ere. Hope de pups don't go crazy and ya have a house when ya get back

Okrie, Well it kinda depends onhow ya cook it. If it's boiled, it can be kinda slimy but if it's fried it isn't I like it fried, or with stewed tomatoes and corn. Ya can't make decent gumbo w/o it [Right John}?
De utter thing I do is put one pod in a pot of green beans. Kinda adds to the flavors

Have a Great Day Olds frineds, between light'in bolts I gotta do sum weed eat'in
Old July 3rd, 2015, 07:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin

Bluebird of happiness kinda day shaping up. Already 72 and not even 9:00 yet. Might get some t storms later?

Jim, after lissening to the slimed part I think I'll pass on de orkie.

Mike, the olds 350 wasn't the rare engine in the 79 Delta, it was the 403 that was 'rare'.

Adrian, but the beard could be used for hiding snacks

Clint, how you holding up? The shop mutts behaving themselves?

Paul, You're almost a regular now with 2 posts in one week

Sure as $hit gas went up .105/ L or .40/US gal. Ye ah bUddy at the pumps, oil just went down close to 4.00/barrel. This makes as much sense as refrigerated toilet seats.

I guess most of you southern neighbors are looking forward to tomorrow. Happy Independence Day in advance. Does that mean y'all get today off in lieu?
Old July 3rd, 2015, 09:45 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik "Hola" B4 Mike's arrival... got a menu of BBQ baby-back's + baked red 'taters + corn on cob, plus misc savory treats throughout the day. 5 extra lbs., here we come!

Jamesbo, that "organization" thing only means I don't throw nuttin' away... which can be as bad as it is good....

Prayin' for our girl, Sandy. Hope she enjoys the peaches and can come back and give us a piece of her mind again ;-) Thanks, Scot & Jamesbo et al.

Whelpt, let me keep gettin' stuff ready so's I don't have to leave Mike to his own devices when he arrives. We're in a rain lull right now, but if I were a bettin' man, I know where my money would be re: Elsie today.

Y'all have a great 4th tomorrow if I don't check in, and Happy Belated Birthday, Canada! (Yay, Allan!). And London, I feel your pain. Not only can I not talk politics here, but I'm trying not to even think about the current situation.
Old July 3rd, 2015, 09:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a little bit ago from John's. As always, he and Better Half are gracious hosts and excellent cooks. Always a good time being up there.

The trip home was uneventful but the trip up was a nightmare. Heavy traffic on all the interstates and once on the two lanes, slow going. Rain here and there. And of course once past Helen there were slow pokes dawdling up the mountain. The dogs were none the worse for wear on my arrival this evening.

Allan our gas has been coming down, at least in the Greater Atlanta area. Starting July 1 there was a seven cents a gallon tax increase, but instead of the price per gallon going up(from 2.63 here in Stockbridge) it went down about seven cents. Now that's a tax increase I can live with! It can keep going down but I know it won't. I'll take what I can get.

Gonna hit the sack. Long day, but enjoyable and appreciated. I decided to forego the Awful house this morning so I must be sure to make it tomorrow. Supposed to be rain tomorrow so it will be inside stuff for me. And if it doesn't rain, I'll still be inside because the neighbors will be shooting off fireworks.

Good night everyone.
Old July 4th, 2015, 03:24 AM

Happy 4th of July everybody!!!!!! Hope you all have a great and safe weekend.

Have a safe trip visiting John Mike, the layout sounds fantastic.

Remember we tried okra when we had lunch Jamesbo, it was fried and it was gooood

Our gas price is floating around 1.45/L here Allan. Would be more then happy to pay what you guys are paying hehehe.

Sandy is in our thoughts down here too, hoping for a full recovery.

Take care everyone,

Adrian
Old July 4th, 2015, 05:20 AM
CQR

Happy Independence day all.

I noticed the station down the street was selling regular unleaded for the exact price of diesel. $2.659

Sounded like a great feast.

have a weekend all.
Old July 4th, 2015, 06:32 AM

Mawn'in all

Drizzel'in

Can you believe sum one wants to look at cemetery lots today?

Mike, I'm curious. You said interstates and Helen. How [what] route did you take. Inquiring minds

John,Got any left overs?

BTW I never toss out anything either, dat's why I can't find $hit.

Have a safe 4th Olds friends.
Old July 4th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all

Nice cool day here. Wish it would rain though.

Happy Independence Day to our Southern neighbors. Note I didn't put a u in neighbors?

Adrian, we had prices like that before the crash of oil. I get why you'd love our prices. Our southern neighbors only pay around .65-.70/L by comparison. I'd like to have their prices.

Checked my lottery ticket and I'm still not a millionaire.
Old July 4th, 2015, 07:13 AM

Ok, so how does Greece's crappy economy make for our higher gas prices? I mean, do they pull that crap outta their butts or what? Alright, I'll stop watching the news. On a lighter note....happy 4th of July! .
Old July 4th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone. Happy 4th of July.

Slept good for an hour. Rain started around 0130 and hasn't let up. The dogs were relentless in not leaving me alone. Finally got up and looked at the internet for awhile, went back to bed, got up and slept on the couch, woke up and it was almost 1030. So much for the Awful house today, too.

Jamesbo I take 285 to 85 to 985, then take a bunch of other roads I don't remember all of them through Cleveland and Helen. One of the roads is 129, one is 17, one is 76.

Guess I'll find something to do, like mop up the water that's getting into the basement. One of these days I'll get the foundation fixed.

Well enjoy the day everyone.
Old July 4th, 2015, 08:58 AM

Have a happy and safe 4th of July to everyone
(We let you win that one!!)
From your over the pond neighbours
Old July 4th, 2015, 09:55 AM

Mike, As jed Clampet used ta say, " One of these days, I've gotta have a long talk with dat boy.

Why in the wild wild world of sports would yo go thru Cleveland and Helen.Dat Indian mound is the worst traffic in the mountains

Next time try 255 to 197 to 76
Old July 4th, 2015, 01:05 PM

Just quick visit to say Happy Independence day to everyone!

Another nice, sunny day here so heading back outside.
Old July 4th, 2015, 01:25 PM

I went to a small car show today about 30 miles away, first time there, not bad, only one Olds, a '67 Saffron Yellow 442. There was a Golden Retriever "walking himself" around the show, with his young owners a bit behind him (her?), it was funny as there was a car there that had a stuffed lion about 3' long hanging on the car window, and the retriever goes up to the car and stops and stares at the "lion" for a second before deciding that it wasn't the real thing, and continuing his walk.
Old July 4th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Ok, so how does Greece's crappy economy make for our higher gas prices? I mean, do they pull that crap outta their butts or what?
Yup, I concur. It has absoutely zero to do with the NA economy, unless of course we decide to join the Euro group. To carry on Jim's line of thinking...

Old July 4th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Always room for one more

Well the day cleared up and it's actually been really nice out. Sunny, not too hot. Of course that means it's business as usual with the fireworks. The Lake has been having a party over at the beach and I can hear the music.

This afternoon I finally cut up my Dad's workbench. He made this thing I'm thinking in high school. I've had it with me since I moved out, and it was in the carport until I had to put a car in there, so I put it outside and threw a cover over it. That didn't do it any favors and when I took the cover off it was all rotten and falling over. So I took it all apart today, even in it's soggy state it was surprisingly well put together. He used furniture quality wood. Some of the wood that is actually still okay I'm going to use to build a new workbench. I also have a cabinet he made that was just worn out, I'll build a new cabinet using parts from the old one.

So the neighbor's son is next door. I haven't seen him in months, or his stupid dog that disrupts everything. I found out he told his mother that he fixed something for her and actually didn't, and since she's due home tomorrow, he's over there fixing it now so she doesn't find out he lied to her. He's been there a couple hours I hope he doesn't want to stay all night that dog is annoying as hell.

Not too many fireworks so far, but that will soon change. So, I think I'll hang out in the basement working on stuff, it might be a little more quiet since it's block wall surrounded by dirt, and no big picture windows.

Hope everyone is whooping it up tonight.
Old July 5th, 2015, 04:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Hope I didn't wake y'all up scream'in at a deer in my garden..

Spose to be hot wit more chance of showers later in de day

Mike, I didn't hear any firewerks either and frankly, I'm glad

GTG get sum'in done before Elsie arives
Old July 5th, 2015, 06:40 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Sounded like World War III once things got going last night. Oddly enough the dogs didn't seem too bothered by it. My girl just stayed in her house and slept all night, and my boy paced around a little but didn't wig. Went out this morning to survey the carnage and there were no empty rockets or used up firecrackers in the streets, on my cars, etc. I must be in an alternate universe.

Jamesbo isn't there something like deer repellant you can spray on everything to keep the deer away? When is bow season?

Wish the rain would keep off but I don't think it will. It rained last night late so everything is a soggy mess. So inside stuff for me today. At some point I need to go over to the shop and swap out the pickup for the van.

Well have a good day everyone.
Old July 5th, 2015, 08:07 AM

Geesh, I didn't sleep that well, some crazy person woke me up yelling at deer 'er sumthin'!!
Old July 5th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Slept great! I shot at the crazy guy yellin in de night an he shut right up!

Cool one today. Only 53* right now and lucky if we get to 68. Quite a change from last week!

Making some homemade shroom soup for lunch. None of that store bought stuff. Real shrooms, real rue and spices. Mmmmm it's gonna be good. Might grill some smokies and side dish of kraut to go with it.

Replaced the rf strut on the Saturn (again) yesterday. Front end is nice and quiet/tight. So what happens next? The muffler or hangers decide the start letting go. Trip to the muffler shop tomorrow. Lifetime muffler on this car.

Enjoy your hangovers!
Old July 5th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Captain Starfire

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John,Got any left overs?
BTW I never toss out anything either, dat's why I can't find $hit.
Well taken, Jamesbo! I got da' sickness. Luckily, I had stored names & addresses in my "everything else" pile. Come on up today fer leftovers,... I think I have a rib and a tater. I was going to polish them off last night for din-din before some neighbors gave us a ring to invite us down for burgers; we obliged, of course.

Nice to have Mike up here; day flies by, even in da' rain. Was glad to hear the pups came thru the 4th (and 3rd) with flying colours (I spelt that as such for you, London -- always reminds me of Magical Mystery Tour or something.)

Whelpt, I hope at some point before we leave next week we have a dry, sunny stretch so's I can touch up my world-famous balconies/decks.

Y'all have a great day of the sun (that's what they say), Oldsmofriends. If at all possible this afternoon without melting, better half & I will try and take a walk out by the Chatuge Dam in Hayesville.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 5th, 2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old July 5th, 2015, 04:29 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good to be home...

Swam wit de sharks, in the Carolina's and didn't get eaten. Guess dey were full from de tourists already

Anywho, our 4th went spectacular, besides the thunderstorms that blessed us at the last minute. But we made due and survived to tell the tale and do it again

Mike when you get the Amphi-car museum set up in your abode, let us know so we can plan a trip up
Old July 5th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Scot glad you had a good time and more glad you came back all in one piece.

Speaking of Amphicar museums, if anyone has a 20ft enclosed trailer they want to sell for cheep, let me know. I'm planning a mobile museum I can take to the swim in's.

Jamesbo next time I'm going to John's would you remind me about that route? ANYTHING different would be wonderful; I absolutely hate going through Helen and Cleveland. Hope the deer find a different garden to graze in tonight.

Went to the shop to swap out the pickup for the van. Drove the long way around to get something to eat and then come home on the highway. The oil pressure is the highest it's been yet. Engine seems to be running a little smoother as well. I put about a half quart of ATF in and it seems to be cleaning something out. I've got an oil change planned in about 600 more miles, I'll put in a whole quart in place of a quart of regular oil, then when that burns off I'll put in regular oil.

Question for you camping types. Would it be bad to have an enclosed sleeping area with the coach battery and inverter/charger under the bed? It's under the fold out couch now but it isn't enclosed.

Gonna stay up late and sleep in tomorrow. Work tomorrow night. Man this weekend sure went fast. I could be off a year and still not get caught up.

Well have a good night everyone.
Old July 5th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Swam wit de sharks, in the Carolina's and didn't get eaten.
Scot, yo is krazee, but apparently not tastey.
Old July 6th, 2015, 04:28 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, Tis Monday

Scot, I have been way too close to a duskie once and dat's enough fer me

Mike, Sure I'd be glad to steer you clear of Helen. It's an awful place

John, Tanks but 1 rib and 1 tater jes won't cut it. I had prime rib, squash boats, green beans wit new taters and sliced maters las nite

GTG Whitey awaits. Have a GREAT week Olds friends
Old July 6th, 2015, 04:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Took someone sightseeing yesterday. been busy with company in town from PA.

Now got to get to work.
Old July 6th, 2015, 05:19 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all

Froggy lookin' mernin in da hills, but at least no wet stuff for the time being - only 20% for today; but back up to 40 on Tue. Something tells me the paint brushes won't be utilized this go-round.

Jamesbo, if you come with Mike next time, we'll have more than a rib & a tater for our feast. Sounds like you had yourself a good one! Those fried okries looked fab -- & I'm sure tasted even better. I've been just boiling them and eating them w/ salt & pepper, but you're right; can't do a real gumbo without the slimey wonder (unless you do a filé gumbo). Personally, I was raised on the slime, so I loves it. It's a great season this year, apparently. Our little veggie stand in LA has been flush with the little boogers.

Whelpt, time for a blueberry muffin from Heavenly, and who knows what else... Need to break the fast.

Y'all have a great day of the moon, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 6th, 2015 at 05:21 AM.
Old July 6th, 2015, 07:22 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yay it's Monday. Need I say more?
Old July 6th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Hope I didn't get up too early today. The dogs came to get me around 6 and I went to let them out and they just laid down. I said phooey and the next time they came to get me I rebuffed them. Finally got up around noon. Well, if I take it easy this afternoon and I'm not on something heavy like a wing change tonight I should be okay.

Yesterday I took the built-in folding couch out of the Airstream and put it on craigslist, and some woman wants to come look at it. I can't believe she'd want that ugly, uncomfortable thing but heck whatever tickles her fancy. Its replacement is going to be a recliner.

My neighbor got home last night. She came with her nephew and they're going to be here about three weeks. So maybe I'll get some good food while she's here. And it will be nice to have neighbors for a change. I asked why Tony didn't come with, she said he didn't want to, which was okay because she needed a break.

Well let me get on with the afternoon.

Search this Thread