The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2015, 04:50 PM

Allan, I wouldn't have a problem w/Canadian beef, but with Mexico, problems with their produce (Salmonella from poor sanitation for field workers), but it just annoys me because they could get their beef from the Midwest, or even Michigan. Might be time to by a quarter from a local farmer, as a co worker and her husband raise beef, and another local farm does it free of all of the growth hormones. I would have to buy a chest freezer.
Old May 25th, 2015, 03:42 AM

Mawn'in all

Cloud'in up like it's fix'in to storm.

Mike, Get de pups in

BTW, I saw on FB Sandy went back in de hospital. Please keep her in your prayers

GTG Whitey awaits
Old May 25th, 2015, 04:49 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan It's sickening. It's bad enough we send our starters and alternators there to be rebuilt but now we're sending our chicken? Unreal.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bettin...b_6146258.html
Hope the foot continues to be a non painful event. Its great to hear you don't always have to have the Norco's for pain.

Happy Whackin Jamesbo. Hope you win a cup.

Mike Allan's right. Only a quart or two. And change your oil very regularly like every 500 miles until it starts coming out almost clean. Also run some BG MOA with each change to help with the viscosity during the dialysis.

Allan, we had some the other night too. This new batch is much better than years past. They are cut thinner. so they grill more even. don't have to overdue the outside to get it done on the inside.

John What time do I show up for burgers?

The missus went to work today. I got the brush in bedliner installed on the shed floor yesterday then we went to see Fury Road. Came back to hail everywhere (including the shed floor as I left the doors open to help air it out and let it dry. So today is Costco, hang up shelves and hangers and fill a shed. I'm thinking theres somethin else, but can't put my finger on it. We went up to the cemetery and lake yesterday after fajitas and Margaritas and walked around the lake. I guess since my pup is overweight I must need the exercise.

Have a day all.
Old May 25th, 2015, 05:01 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well I knew it couldn't last. Started working right at 7 last night and stayed all night until turnover. Actually finished my plane around 4 then went to bail out some other guys.

We changed the fan blades on a 717 last night. It has Rolls Royce engines, model BR715. I want to put in a change request to call it BR549.

Jamesbo looks pretty clear here so far. I think the rain is coming later this afternoon.

I put the window down after I got off the expressway this morning and could smell people's grills going already. I'm not a big partier but sometimes I wish I had someone to hang out with on holidays.

Okay gonna sleep a little today and see what the afternoon holds. Everyone have a good day and be careful.
Old May 25th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin,

Geez, miss a couple of days on here and I am way behind

Meat? I only buy local! And Dan it does help to have lots of freezer space!
Clint, any damage with the hail....?
John, Why don't you get into NO much?.....ummm, I missed that burger place
Allan, I admire your persistence with your car. There is nutting that pees me off more than shoddy workmanship
Mike, you have a very cool job
All the corn is planted, so today is paperwork catch up day. Got out for a cruise on Sunday. The w30 ran great. My son wanted to take the Supra out, so we jumped in and went cruisin too!

Have a day friends

Last edited by sammy; May 25th, 2015 at 05:49 AM.
Old May 25th, 2015, 06:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all

Cut paste almost on de wedder. Got a slim chance of afternoon boomers the next few days.

Jim, de linKs will be packed today wit it bein Memorial Day? You have a fixed tee time on Mundys?

Clint, I don't think you'll have any trouble filling that shed. I built my own
Cubbies and shelves from leftover ply and 2x4s. Is the floor ok or does it matter? The ribs yesterday were fantastic. The grill has been working overtime lately. We marinate everything and it always comes out tender.

Ted, thank you. Hope your paperwork isn't to overwhelming.

Mike, you got the Vista Cruiser going yet?

Dan, we have a chest freezer in the basement. I don't recall a time I've ever seen it less than half full. De missus believes in keeping it stocked for war.......wimmen.....

To all you in de USA, Happy Memorial Day.
Old May 25th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Well Lordy,

Just got back from TriStar. Both the owner and body shop manager looked at that molding and the bottom line is they feel they're wasting my time and causing themselves a lot of embarrassment by trying to keep sticking the old piece back on with tape. They're ordering a new molding (which they should have done the first time) and will call me when it comes in. One good thing about this is I'm pleased to see they're committed to following through on their lifetime warranty.

Currently 9:45 local time and already 70°. Heading for 86 later in the day. Anutter scorcher I'm thnking.

Ok, dats it for now.
Old May 25th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Slept till 2. Longer than I wanted to but it's still nice out so I'm gonna go put spark plugs in the van. Of course, once I got the doghouse off I saw how crusty the wires are, and then that means cap and rotor as well, air filter, valve cover gaskets, etc. None of which I have. Silly me just got the plugs.

Clint. Would a brake job on a 2001 Cadillac DeVille be a terribly expensive proposition? There's one close by that's cheep, a little banged up, says it needs brakes. Are there any gotchya's on a DeVille brake job? Could I do it myself in the driveway with jackstands?

Okay spark plugs.

Last edited by slantflat; May 25th, 2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old May 25th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Captain Starfire

http://portofcallnola.com/

Ted, the last time I went, the plate they put in front of me definitely didn't look like the picture on their web site.... But maybe they're back to their old selves? Maybe worth a try if you make it back to the Quarter.

Great memories of the place, however. I used to go a lot right after I turned 18; they had a juke box with Sinatra's "I've Got You Under My Skin" on it, which I played darn near every time I went. That juke box & song were really the beginning of my ongoing Ol' Blue Eyes obsession...

Of course the Neptune's Monsoon's -- which were just a couple bucks back when I was a pup -- didn't hurt one bit.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 25th, 2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old May 26th, 2015, 03:33 AM
CQR

Woirm.

Mike, Could be depending on what it needs. "Needs Brakes" can mean the pads are on the squealers or it could mean someone put power steering fluid in the master cylinder contaminating the whole hydraulic system. If we were to do brakes and machine the rotors on both front and rear it would be about $360. If you needed to start over and do hydraulics as well (incl. ABS unit) it could easily go over $2K.Yes, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to do it in your drive.

John That sure looks tasty. I made burgers again last night right before it hailed. They were pretty tasty. I even cooked up some fries. Now the house smells like hot oil. yech...

Ted, No. No damage from that hail. Looks like we lost a few leaves from the hailstorm we got last night. It was pretty small hail but we probably got just a bit under an inch.

Allan, I got the shed filled up but I need to still get the bicycles hung up. Had to see how everything fit first.

Jamesbo, how were the links yesterday?

Well the missus is off early to take the steers in to the slaughterhouse. So we have a lot of organizing to do to get room for the new beef in a couple weeks. She's taking them to the processor we use for the pig we buy each year. We've never used them for Beef. She didn't like the other house since you are letting the animals out right in the alley. Hopefully this is a little less stressful for her and the animals. They know. You can see it in their eyes as soon as you open the trailer door.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old May 26th, 2015, 04:12 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin,
Clint, never could eat my own cattle...I tried, but eating a beast that had a name and I worked with everyday...well you get the pic....glad no damage from the hail!

Allan, your persistence is payin off! Hope they get it right this time!

John how is the arm?......ummmmm burgers tonight

Dan, hope you are gettin better..

Takin my parents to Docs today. Mom is almost blind and my Dad realizes that his drivin days are numbered. And, my son is helping a local farmer clean out a pig barn....not the way we use to do it. He wears a bio suit and leaves his clothing in a locker....and no manure fork

Have a day friends
Old May 26th, 2015, 04:43 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie came and went an is on her way again

Decide at de las minute to not smack whitey. Kinda like going out to dinner on Valentine's Day. It's so crowded nobody goes there anymore.

Clint, Way back when I used to raise a few pigs and 1 steer every year.But all de slaughter houses and sale barns around here done closed up and made into a retail mall.

Allan, Glad ya got things straighten out. It's ac cry'in shame what cha gotta do sum times to get it right. My dear ole pappy used to say, If ya don't have time to do it right de first time. Where ya gonna find de time to do it right the second time [or 3rd in your case]

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 26th, 2015, 05:34 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Overcast today, and we're supposed to have rain pretty much all day. But it isn't raining now. My plan is to take in the junkyard after Awful house.

Got my new plugs put in, and one of the spark plug wires disintegrated in my hand. Hm, could be part of my rough running problem. Grabbed a wire from a parts car, so now there are two mismatched wires and a mismatched coil wire. I'm gonna get the rest of the stuff to put in like air filter, wires, cap and rotor, because that doghouse is kind of a pain. Though it isn't as bad as a Chevy.

Thanks Clint. I haven't talked to the guy yet, I'm gonna call him today. If it's the guy I'm thinking of, the car was bought from a little old lady on the north side, just had major service done(oh but I didn't get any paperwork), rebuilt trans. This is the story he gives about every car he sells. He's a wannabe Cadillac used car salesman. Eh, for 900 bucks if I get the summer out of it before the stupid Northstar gives up, it's worth 900 to me because there are several parts I want off it for other cars. If I don't buy this car I want to look at a 68 Valiant. Really.

Ted I guess I can see the hazard suit, but why no pitchfork?

Okay time to hit the road before the rain starts. Hope everyone has a good day, short week this week.
Old May 26th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Nutter blue bird day shapin up. Last night picking up de boy it sprinkled for all of 3 minutes. Not really enough to get the pavement wet. Just kept evaporating on contact with the hot concrete and asphalt.

Fire ban is in effect for the whole province and wildfires abound. We really need some wet stuff.

If it's like this tomorrow it's not gonna be fun laying sod at my nephews. Changed out de wheels on de Saturn yesterday. Sprayed down the brake hose fittings with penetrating oil and letting it soak in. They're rusted on purity solid. Time for new lines and front struts. Might have to do a rebuild on the front calipers while I'm at it. Don't know how far I want to go with this. For now I'm ok with just putting on new parts I've had waiting on the shelf.

Jim, I agree. Yer pappy an my pappy must bin related. Dis isn't de third time doh
, it de seventh! I purity much wanna watch me do it so I can see it go on right. Dey said de molding comes already color coded to de car. ??? Nebber seen dat befor.

Ted, he's prolly using a skid steer too? Sorry to hear about your folks. I know you'll look after them. Getting old sometimes has its pluses, but also a lot more minuses.

Mike, you never mucked a pig barn have ya? Very fragrant werk. I'd suggest replacing all those plug wires. At least do a resistance test on them to see what condition the cores are.

Clint, why would anyone put PS fluid in the brake system? How many steers did she take? Personally I think I'd prefer my own raised beef cause I know the animals health and how it was raised. I once had horse steak in Swizzerland without knowing and I gotta say it's quite tasty.

John, dint feel like cookin last Eve cuz it was too hot. Mebbe should took in a nice cool restaurant but settled for roast beef sammich an salad.

Enjoy yer day, koffee awaits.
Old May 27th, 2015, 02:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good mawnin people's!

Woim.

Cut and paste bluebird day coming up. Yesterday was a bit unexpected but I ended up laying sod purity much all afternoon wit de BIL at his sons place. It was worth it to see how much the kids enjoyed playing where they only had been rocks and crap before. He ordered just about 600 sq. ft. too much sod though. I'll take about 70 today to do some patching on the side of the house.

So nice out right now with the windows open. The occasional car goes by heading for the beltway but other than that it's dead calm. None of the forecast rain showed up, nothin new there.

Mike, did you buy the caddy and was it drivable or have to be trailered?

Dan, hope the recuperation isn't driving you nuts. BTW, 86.4 meelyun now.

Where's Darrell? Haven't seen him on here for a long time.

Clint, how many lbs of meat did that work out to?

Jim, how's de battle of de trees an silly hall going?

TEd, BNN was talking about corn yesterday. Sounds like it might be an upswing market later this year.

Still really early for koffee but WTH. Haven't woke up this early for a long time. Oh well.

Enjoy your day.
Old May 27th, 2015, 04:18 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Ted, Sometimes its a bit difficult. It was really hard with the kids 4H projects. They had to be messed with enough to be real good in the show ring. Doing clean up at the fair barn with all the kids bawling (All market projects had to be sold for food) while laying on their animals was pretty heartbreaking. I feel your pain on the 'rents. Mine are still independent but aren't as young and spry as they used to be.

Jamesbo, It's ok. they probably built a grocery store there where they make all that stuff in the back room. No need for those silly farms and ranches anymore. How 20th century...

Mike, That thing should run good with another hole getting some fire. Whats the car count now? You have that hangar at the new place full yet? The Northstar is a real nice running motor but what a nightmare to work on. I sure wish GM would have canned Caddy and kept Pontiac.

Allan, the quick answer is they just don't know no better. Most of the quick lube chains around here started a new policy in the last year or so to not fill the master cylinder. I guess corporate doesn't trust their employees with putting the right fluid in. That's reason enough for me to really question if anyone should trust their employees period. I know if I can't trust my employee to do something I find one I can trust.
We wont know the total weight until we go pick the meat up. She took 2 steers in. so I would guess easily 5-600 pounds each, maybe more. Definitely more than I'd want to go pick up in Brit.

Going to the tooth doc today. need a porcelain filling replaced. what fun. Have a Humpday all.
Old May 27th, 2015, 04:48 AM

Mawn'in all

More Elsie with thundeboomers headed dis way

Good luck wit de pups MIke

Allan, I've been waiting 3 weeks for a revised set of plans to review. Zo, I ain't got de foggiest what city hall is up to

BTW when lay'in sod remember "Green side up"

Clint De funniest thing is all de shopping centers round here are on septic [Cause de neighborhood ***** hate sewer] cause it might bring in [dare I say] apartments.
Anywho, it takes a while fer giant super market chains to figger out how to clean their meat cutting equipment w/o kiling de septic system. Talk about STINK

Welp
GTG

Have a great day Olds frineds
Old May 27th, 2015, 05:37 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Nice out so far, but I expect the rain will show up this afternoon. When that happens everything grinds to a halt. Well, that's what TV is for.

Allan the Cadillac was sold! And so was the Valiant. Hm. I guess I get to keep my money today. Here's a stellar idea, what if I spent money on the cars I already have! You know I've got this long list of things I need from Year One. I could take a ride up there. Might do that tomorrow.

Jamesbo you need to call City Hall(or whoever) and keep up with them, otherwise when they think you've forgotten or lost interest you'll come home from the mountains to 100 year old mulch. They haven't forgotten you, they're ignoring you.

A friend of mine raised a cow for food and his whole family turned it into a pet. Gave it a name, went out to play with it, and of course had a stroke when he took it to slaughter. The big, fat, rough and tumble son in law went with to take it to the processing place, and when they shot it in the head he went and sat in the truck and cried. Now when they have meat the family will ask, is this Hillbilly? And the standard answer is "no."

Well the plans today are to put a fuel pump in the blue Suburban. You may recall I was going to do this months ago, but now I don't remember why I didn't. After that, I have all those parts I got for the van to put in. All this of course until it starts raining.

Have a good Humpity today everyone.
Old May 27th, 2015, 05:47 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin,

Thanks for the support regarding my parents. I am the youngest of five and the closest to them. I support all that I can, being careful to allot time for my family. I have explained to them to call if they need me, but do not expect me to be on call 24/7. My Dad fell in the bathroom and could not get up at 1am. They called and I picked him up...BUT, I told them to call 911 next time, and let qualified people help...I maybe should not have moved him

Mike,everything in the barn is power washed. It is a slotted floor, that is a huge manure pit highly diluted ....then they pump out and spread on fields.
Allan, no need for a skid steer either. Hope you get rain soon...hopefullyBNN is right! I could recoup a bit of the green stuff!

Clint, how much do the butcher charge? We are losing all of them around here too
Have a Day friends

Last edited by sammy; May 27th, 2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old May 27th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Always room for one more

Here's one. At the Awful house I said, I'm going to replace the fuel pump today. My buddy Johnboy says, those tanks are a pain to take down. I said, no it's on the side of the block. Johnboy(who's 30) gave me the strangest look. He said he never heard of it being on the block before. I said, that's where they all used to be.

Kids these days.
Old May 27th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, folks

I think they stuck one nice day in among all the wet stuff we've been having lately in da' hills. Anudder 3-4 hrs of painting; not going to do any "all day" sessions this time 'round. Railings should be 'bout done, 'cept for a little touch-up where the white of the railings got on da' blue of da' deck. I'll get to that in good time.

I did hear back from Sandy, and she said she wouldn't mind me posting her little note up here, so here goes:

John the cancer spread to my bones without being detected. What I thought was just a back ache was cancer. I had 10 radiation treatments but back still aches. I have to use a walker. Im back in hospital now, came in on Saturday. Had such awful painful diarrhea and I can't eat or drink anything. They're trying to figure out how I can eat and drink so I can get strong again. I go home and end up dehydrated and have to come back in. Its horrible. I don't have any energy at all, that's why I haven't been on CO. If you know how to cut and paste this over there, go ahead. smile emoticon Keep in touch. Love all of you!!
Very sad to hear she's going thru all that, just after all she just went through. As Mike said, at this point, all we can really do is pray for our friend and look forward to the day when it's all behind her and she can spread her sunshine once again. Get better fast, Sandy!

Y'all have a great Humpity, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 27th, 2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old May 27th, 2015, 09:13 AM

Dan, hope the recuperation isn't driving you nuts.
Bored outta my gourd. have an appt. with the doc today, so's I'd better get cleaned up. I''l know for sure what he actually did once he had a look inside the ankle.
Old May 27th, 2015, 09:48 AM

Thanks John, Prayers sent
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Always room for one more

It's nice to hear from Sandy, too bad it's such a bum topic. Prayer #1 is that the pain goes away, and #2 that she gets rid of the evil cancer. Maybe they are one and the same.

So I got the fuel pump off the Burb. Went looking for the molded fuel supply line and no one has it, not even the dealer. Hopefully I can search the parts houses like LMC or whoever does truck parts and find one. The guy at the dealer did give me the part number. So I'll get it back together as far as I can and worry about it when I get that part.

Still nice here, the rain is supposed to come between 6 and midnight. Hm. I think the cable repair man is more specific.
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:44 AM

Well, back from the doc. the boot is gone for two weeks, as I am sporting a blue fiberglass cast. It needs a pad on the bottom, as the fiberglass is slick. I have two anchors in there to get the tendon back in place and tightened up, it also does a better job of stabilizing and making it stronger down the road. When I go back 6/10, the sutures come out, and the boot goes back on for two weeks, then it comes off and rehab begins. I have more time to be here as I get to "do what I want" for twenty minutes of every hour, otherwise it's elevated.
Old May 27th, 2015, 07:55 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hi everyone. Sorry its been a while since I've been on here, my time to usually go on the computer is at night. Unfortunately, between my work schedule, trying to get the Riv ready for the national meet in June, and USTA tennis matches @9pm here and there, I haven't had any time to come on and chat.

I'm actually taking tomorrow off from work to go to Syracuse to pick up my bumpers from Sandy's Bumper Mart. Hope they were done correctly, its a long way (4+ hours)

Speaking of Sandy, I'm really sorry to see what she's going through right now. Certainly our prayers are with her for a speedy recovery.

Dan - Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old May 28th, 2015, 04:25 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Sure feel bad about Sandy and the Cancer. I was happy to see the pic on FB with her daughter. I think about you often lady!

Darrell, New chrome front and rear? Where is the nationals this year? Speaking of Nationals The MX national is here this Saturday. Gonna be 10-20K people on the side of that hill. I have yet to go watch one. I really have a hard time giving that guy my money.

Dan is that what the original plan was? Did they have to wait for the swelling from the surgery to go down before casting it?

Mike what year is the 'burb? and yes, there is another vehicle I didn't know you had.

John, all that painting would drive the missus nuts. Our deck needs it again but she said nope. She's not painting it again. So I have to get some deco steel and make some 'Wrought Iron railings' and get them powdercoated. Yup that list keeps getting longer.

Jamesbo, It's like pulling teeth to get a septic approved around here. Sure there are lots up in the hills but even then there are mostly sewer districts. And when we get so much rain like we have lately, I think it really flushes the leachfields and the whole area just kinda smells like poo.

Ted, I'm not really sure how much it costs. IIRC the last time it was probably about 80 cents a pound. I want to say it was $5-600 for a 7-800lb steer. But that was a couple years ago and I've slept since then. Doesn't really matter tho. I'm not gonna do it and We aren't gonna buy it at the store. I did buy some ribeyes last week(First time in years) and they were fabulous. And they were on sale for $5.99/lb We have maybe a half dozen processors within about 3 hours drive the one we used this time is between 1-2 hours away. And they are booked up at least a month in advance.

Have a Thursday all.
Old May 28th, 2015, 04:33 AM

Mawn'in all

Headed to de mountains a few days early
Old May 28th, 2015, 04:48 AM

Dan is that what the original plan was? Did they have to wait for the swelling from the surgery to go down before casting it?
No, the reason for the boot, rather than the cast to begin with, was that I had told the surgeon that I get cramps in that foot at night, and was concerned that it would cause problems. The boot positioned my foot at 90 degrees, lessening the chance of a cramp (none so far), yesterday he removed all of the dressings to check my foot and his handiwork, and decided that he could cast the foot while holding it back in the proper position. Though smaller and lighter, I prefer the boot, more comfortable, and I have started to get some pain in that ankle...though no painkillers taken yet.
Old May 28th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin everyone

Last night was a breath of fresh air, literally. Around 10:00 it finally started raining! Only a half hour or so but it's much needed here. A lot cooler today with temps onLy going to 65 or so this aft. More good news is more rain is on the way for tonight and the weekend. Forest fires still burning and they need all the help they can get.

De AC guy is coming this mawnin to measure up the furnace plenum for the AC coil. My furnace is in a low clearance zone of the house so I'm curious how they will fit it in.

Clint, that's a great price I think. What's the overall cost after you factor in feeding and growing them? Lucky you have the room and relaxed neighborhood covenants to do all that

Jim, enjoy.

Darrell, good luck. Hope they shine like mirrors.

Dan, steady on. Have to say I'm not a big fan of physio so I avoided it even when the doc said I should go. Must be my stubborn streak. I'd rather suffer with the pain I know than the pain I heard they create. That's just me tho, hope yours isn't like that.

Mike, did you replace all the wires and does it run any better? Yeah most of the cars in the late 80s started putting the fuel pumps in the tank so I'm not surprised that John boy said that. Keep in mind that he's likely only been driving for 14 years so that means most of his rides are also fwd.

Ted, they do that in Europe a lot too. SuRe turns the fields green in a hurry. That's not how I bermember doing it though. Messy stinky work that's gotta be done. And they say pigs are one of the cleanest barnyard animals...

John, sup? You still painting?

Koffee time. Enjoy your day
Old May 28th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Captain Starfire

Howdy, gang...

Weather has no clue what it wants to do; slight sprinkle during our walk this morning, but sun peeks out occasionally. I think Elsie's flirtin' w/ N. GA Mts. big time; luck will run out before day's out.

Put in my 3 hours yesterday on the rails, and will do the same today as long as it doesn't storm. Lookin' mighty good, but boy, sure is tedious. I have a 'bout 4 different small painting tools to reach all the areas; some of them you can't get a brush to. Others, you have to use a brush, 'cause they're corners and crevices.

Thank goodness, shoulder seems to be moving in the right direction. I don't see an NFL contract in my future, but I hope to be at least throwing a football in a couple months. Throwing anything right now seems to cause the most pain. I backhand-threw a small log and saw stars I didn't know existed. I think the drugs and "rehab" are working.

Clint, an FB friend (thru mutual motorcycle interests) is moving from GA to Montrose, CO. I already have one friend there, whom I worked with about 20 yrs. ago. But the new guy (Scott) posted a couple pic's of his new homestead and it's breathtaking. I really can understand why you guys live out there. Plus, it ain't Houston. Those poor folks. I have a cousin in the 'burbs and she's captive in her house right now. She is lucky.

Whelpt, y'all have a great day of Thor, Oldsmofriends.
Old May 28th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Late to get going this morning. I got to bed early but the rain and thunder started I think around 1 so that was it for the sleeping. So I got up and watched Starsky and Hutch on the internet. Got back to sleep around 3, didn't get up until 10.

Jamesbo I'm curious. Did you ever give Red Dog coconut oil? I know Goldens don't shed as much as Shepherds, but I'm amazed at how much they don't shed anymore. Coconut oil is supposed to have health benefits for people, I suppose it works on dogs, too. I told the vet and she said it isn't going to hurt them a bit.

Clint this Burb is an 83. It's a Silverado so it's got everything, big block, towing package, the rear end is huge. Nice driving truck. Though it took me all afternoon to get that fuel pump on. How does one know for sure if the arm is under the shaft? I guess I'll find out when I start it up.

Allan funny you should say that. Johnboy is somewhat of a redneck. I've got a more descriptive term but it isn't polite. He drives a 96 Silverado and the Ujoints went bad on the driveshaft and broke, so instead of getting it fixed, he selected 4x4 on the dash and now the truck drives with the front wheels, with no drive shaft at all going to the back. He's been doing this a couple months now.

John painting is a never-ending proposition. When you think you are finished, it will be time to start again. I really, really need to paint my house this summer. I have some siding that needs to be replaced as well.

Dan I've never had to wear a cast, but I can imagine it isn't comfortable. Hope it doesn't cause you too much discomfort.

Darrell I know what you're saying. Having 24 hours in a day sounds like a lot, but they go by quick. Especially when you have to sleep.

Okay gonna hit the Awful house, run a few errands, then come back and finish up the Suburban. I haven't gone any further with the van, though I have all the parts. I'll get to that after the Burb. Have a good Thursday everyone.
Old May 28th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Always room for one more

Got the fuel pump finished up and the battery charger put on, and the cap and rotor and three wires put on the van and then, thunder. So I got all cleaned up, put the battery charger away, and will finish up next week. Guess I'll be taking the truck to work this weekend.

John, your cousin is captive in her house meaning she can't get out because it's surrounded by water? That has to be frightening. Hope she's okay and the water recedes soon.

Clint do you do a lot of work on the early 00's Cadillacs? I'm really thinking I'd like to have one, there's a few around I could go look at, but if they are going to be a disaster now that they are 10+ years old I'll pass. Anything specific you think I should be on the lookout for?

It's inside work the rest of the day. Or TV. And now, the rain comes.

Last edited by slantflat; May 28th, 2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old May 28th, 2015, 12:16 PM
CQR

Mike Caddys have been a disaster since the 60's. The northstars run great but oil pan gaskets like to leak(along with many other issues) oil pan gasket replacement is a 22 hour job. Injectors like to fail. and coolant passages like to corrode at gasket surfaces.
Old May 28th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

The AC guy (Dan) was here and looked at the furnace plenum. Holy Moly can that guy talk. After about 30 minutes I felt like offering a nice hot cup of "Shut the hell up", and he talked for another 30 minutes after that. Maybe he's lonely or his GF henpecks him. Sheesh. I was really glad to close the door on his visit. Anyhoo it seems that he needs to mount the coil a bit differently for best airflow and the lines will stick out about 4" from the plenum. I could care less so long as it's done properly. He just called back a while ago to confirm I was ok with this....so I said yes and cut him short of another 1/2 hour conversation.

Seems like Ma Nature turned on her AC for us here. By comparison to the last week it actually feels cold out there even though it's a normal 65° day. Helps that the wind is moving around 10mph.

Mike - when you put the fuel pump in, you should be able to feel if that pump arm engages the eccentric. Instead of a Cadillac, what about a nice (if they're even still around in Gawga) 76 Marquis Brougham or Lincoln Town Sedan or Mark IV? You'd of course need to get a yacht club permit to operate them. I like the ones with the 460's. Solid well built cars that are uber comfortable and quiet runners. They have the Looongest hoods I've ever seen on a car. You might have to get a dark pinstripe suit and sunglasses and learn how to say 'fogetaboudit' though

Something like these:

Old May 28th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Always room for one more

Allan I'd love to have a car like that, but the problem I run into repeatedly is they are too big for a normal parking spot. I already have a big Cadillac that I'd drive every day, but I don't want to get door dings etc. because it is too wide for the space, and also it is longer than the space.

Clint you've talked me out of a Deville. I think I will wait for the items I want to come up in the junkyard. Or I could join the auction crowd and buy a wreck from Copart or the like.
Old May 28th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yeah, I guess the doors on the 2 door are pretty monster. If you're looking for something newer but still in the luxury market what about a 2004 BMW 325i

Attachment 159187

or maybe a 2005 Mercedes E320?
Old May 29th, 2015, 04:38 AM
CQR

Mornim all.

Sounds like Allan wants Mike to get a part time job just to afford the maintenance on one of those "Finely engineered european automobiles" Yuck.

Have a good weekend.
Old May 29th, 2015, 07:24 AM

Well, I was going to try and take my laundry to the laundry mat, but getting a basket of clothes to the front door, let alone out to the car and into the laundry mat itself, is a pain in the keister, so my brothers wife will stop by and do it for me, I did not want to try to tackle my basement steps. I have already promised them dinner when I am back on my feet.
Old May 29th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all

Anutter cooler but nice day today.

Naw, I wasn't suggesting Mike get a part time job.from what I've seen on the web those German imports are cheaper at that age. I dunno what he wants, except it sounds like he wants more cars in his collection. With gas prices being so cheap I don't think that's a factor. Besides if he got a PT job he'd never have time for the pups.

De boy finally wants to bet his DL so likely we'll practice a lot in the next few days so he can take his test soon.

Freyas smiling. Enjoy your day.