The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I'm thinking Neal & Bob, maybe some of their cronies?

How many candles Wuz it Scot? I'm guessing 42 or 43 ?

Roofers showed up at 9:00 without the ink chick or yappy dogs from hell. At least they'll have a good day to2work. Sure makes a lot of noise from inside. They don't seem to be well organized, but that's a different story.
Old September 17th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

LOL, I just can't believe it. So the guy with the truck stayed about an hour and buggered off leaving just the kid on the roof to strip the lower roofs and prep them? Sounds like the kid's the worker and the other guy is the 'supervisor'. They could get this roof done a lot faster if both of them worked on it. I suspect it will take the whole day to finish, maybe more. We'll see.

Ahh, call of the Blue jays out front in the oak tree. Noisy birds. Pretty looking but noisy.
Old September 17th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Always room for one more

When I had my roof done I had the forethought to take the dogs to the kennel. I was leaving just as they rolled up. About 8 of them. This was a quarter after 8 in the morning, and when I got home from taking the dogs, Awful house, and a couple more errands, they were more than half done. It was so loud in the house I could hardly stand it. They were done by 230. Beautiful job.

Were these people hired by the insurance company? I've forgotten why you needed a new roof. You might still be seeing them next week.
Old September 17th, 2014, 12:13 PM
"Car"mudgeon

No not neal or bob this time, just some other long time lurker/yahoo.

41 candles my friend. So there wasn't much cake left after we put out the fire
Old September 17th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, sounds like you got a good contractor. I called the owner of the roofing company and complained about how slow this job is going with only 1 worker on site for most of both days. When the kid put ice dam in the hip roof valley he stopped 2' short of the bottom. I mentioned that to Gerald and he was surprised because as he says, the bottom of the valley is the most critical. He's going to swing by later and see how little has been done. I also mentioned how tools and equipment were left lying about on the front lawn. He didn't sound too happy to hear that.

Insurance?? What for? The roof is only 15 years old and is failing. There is no insurance coverage for that. It might apply if we had a bad hail or windstorm but I doubt it. I called the original shingling company and they said to call the shingle manufacturer. So I did. They wanted pics and estimates of the amount of shingles that had failed. On top of that they were going to pro rate the shingles at 85% of useful lifespan so I would have had to go through hoops just to get it done. Not worth it when I can get the whole roof done with 50 year architectural shingles for slightly more. Mostly the south and west sides had failed but that's a lot of area.

Only 41 Scot? Yer a babykins my friend! Not much of a fire compared to some of us old pharts.
Old September 17th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Always room for one more

Well I hope the owner can make good on the job. The company that did my roof also did my neighbor's, and I waited until his was done before I committed. Really happy with their work. I couldn't remember if the roof was an insurance job. So much for a warranty if they won't honor it.

So I struck out today with both cars I was working on. I charged the battery in the Cadillac all afternoon and then would crank it dead. Finally tried some starting fluid but that didn't even help. I was also working on the brakes on the wagon. I can get the front wheels to bleed and the master, but not the back wheels. Actually the aft bleeder on the master won't bleed, but if I leave it open and step on the pedal I get fluid. So there's a pretty big hole somewhere in the back brakes somewhere. But fluid isn't moving and there's no leak so it will take some sleuthing.

Scot hope you had a bash. Barbequed frosting, who'da thought of that.

Gotta call my Mom. Haven't talked to her for over a week. You guys have a good night.
Old September 17th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Owner of the company got here about 20 minutes ago. Took the kid back and 'splained him goodly' on why the bottom of the ice dam is so critical, and tore apart the kids work so he could show him the right way. So things are going to be done right. They're both out there busy swinging hammers right now getting the drip edges installed and roof wrapped before the last hours of daylight. They also have a time limit because of municipal noise restrictions. No construction allowed after 8:00 pm. They also have a crap load of cleanup to do. The kid dumped stuff all over the place including the neighbors yard. The ongoing saga continues into the 3rd day tomorrow..... So much for a one day job.
Old September 18th, 2014, 03:57 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', boys & girl... It's been a week or so since checking in -- don't know how the time gets by so quickly. Downright scary.

I'm back paintin' in Metairie, Jamesbo. The deck railings came out great in da' mountains... tell you what, painting in general is a PITA, but the deck rail balusters are sumpin' else... not to mention trying to get to the outside face when they're 40' in the air.

Still hot & muggy at the Plantation. We got back Sunday night. Listened to Saints debacle #2 on Sirius on the road home. Made me nauseous. To make matters worse, I have a friend born in Cleveland and I've not heard the end of it from him. (Luvs dem "Brownies.")

Thor's here, Allan. Y'all been getting the frigid weather up your way?

Scot, don't let the 8A$turds get you down. Don't visit the other forums; just come and hang out with the cream of the crop. (No offense to the good people who frequent the other forums, of course; i.e., "Not that there's anything wrong with that...! )

Got some miserable malware on my 9-y.o. XP home desktop. It's obviously long in the tooth, but I was hoping to exorcise it and keep it as a backup. But I can't get rid of the miserable thing, it seems, without wiping the disk clean and starting from scratch. Might just do that, but it always takes way longer than I want. Prolly not worth it. It continues to show these phantom processes working and shows a couple Google Chrome windows open in the applications list and I don't even have Google Chrome on my computer. Lord only knows what havoc it's wreaking with my data.

Got some ol' boys installing us a concrete walkway work in front of the house yesterday & today. Next comes the concrete curbing for the flower beds. I've been procrastinating on this stuff for years.

Hope things continue to improve -- and fast -- Sandy!

Clint, things going any better out in the great state of CO?

Mike, glad you and the neighbor reconciled. I'm sure it left you with, as the Eagles once said, a peaceful, easy feelin'.... albeit for another reason.

Hope Thor's good to the Oldsmogang.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 18th, 2014 at 05:07 AM.
Old September 18th, 2014, 04:39 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Congrats on the Werm John. Things are pluggin along. Nothing worth the price of a stamp to send a letter to mom. Bummer about the puter. Makes you wonder why someone would want to do that.

Allan, Hope the whole crew shows up tomorrow and gets you finished.

Mike. Not sure of you have a diagonal system on that or not, but your Proportioning valve could be stuck causing no flow to the rear. make sure its free to move and maybe try to bleed it there at the valve.

Scot 41? I thought you had me by a coupla years, not the other way around. Hope it was good.

Have a Thursday all.
Old September 18th, 2014, 04:56 AM

Mawn'in all

A little cool dis mawn'in

Scot, I got 2 pair of Gokey boots older dan you

Alllan, I put a metal roof on my house. Love it.
Good luck, I hope de boss man gets dat ink laden crew to finish up soon

John, I paint deck rail'ins and pickets wit once of dem 2" rollers. BTW, I'd rahter werk concrete dan paint.

Welp folks, I running away from home. Headed to de mountains wit Red Dog. Too much family stay'in wit us dat can't figger out how to hang up a towel.

I need sum order in my life. GTG

Have a great day Olds friends
Old September 18th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Looks like a fall day out. S'posed to warm up and be sunny. I'll take it.

Clint how do I know if the proportioning valve is bad? It looks like a little box to me, should I pound on it with a hammer? I thought all dual masters were diagonal systems.

John you must just be a painter. You paint at home, you paint away. You want to come here, my whole house inside and out needs paint. Hope you get some relief soon.

Jamesbo do you golf when you're in the mountains or just hang out and wrestle with gas cans?

Okay headed to Awful house. Also gotta go to the bank for the car club. I hate going there. Eh, if that's the worst thing I put up with today I'll be doing pretty good. Have a good one all.
Old September 18th, 2014, 05:42 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Sorry to hear of the shoddy work and workers Al Hopefully they will get things sorted out soon. I'd have a fit if they left roofing nails all over the lawn

Thanks Mike I had the best berfday yet Thinking about heading to Summit this weekend to finish up my presents Hopefully you'll get a handle on those issues with the wagon and Caddy.

Yep Clint all three of my classics are older than me

Jamesbo what's a gokey boot? LOL

Thanks John, hope you get the bugs worked out of the cpu soon.
Old September 18th, 2014, 05:48 AM

Scot, Ya young whipper snapper. Gokey [back when de ark was driyng out] made de best boots in de world. Unfortunately de went from being a mail order catalog to opening stores in mall and went Tango Uniform [I think]
Old September 18th, 2014, 05:54 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Wow those are some nice boots Jamesbo. Looks like a mix of Calvary boots and penny loafers.
Old September 18th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone,

Sheesh, guess what's happening outside? If you thought drizzle and rain you'd be right. If you said the crew all showed up early to slam the roof on you'd be wrong. It's not very much wet so maybe they'll still show. None of em wear safety gear and I'm sure that roof wrap will be a tad slippery.

Scot, I think all our cars are older than you. I bermemder when I was your age....sigh....doesn't seem like it was almost 20 years ago.

John, Thors day it is my friend! Careful or y'all might have to start a painting company! Good luck with the walkway. Concrete up here is crazy money. Temps up here were in the upper 70s this week. Today is cooler with forecast high of 68. Cloudy and scattered showers all day.

Jim, those boots look purty nice. Likely built to protect against snake bite? Lowers look kinda like some of the Docker brand deck shoes.

Mike, guy up here (Bil with one L) had a faulty prop valve on his 71 CS SX. Rear brakes wouldn't work. If this is for your VC, check your CSM. I believe the VCs had a different setup for rear brake pressure than coupes and sedans. None of the old cars have diagonal systems so I'm guessing this may be for your van?

Clint, if ya want Ill sent the ink chick your way but I bet one look and you'd lock the door so she couldn't get in.

Morning coffee time. Enjoy your day.
Old September 18th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, I just checked on Gokey Boots and they're alive and kicking. Products still look,great but holy moly are they pricey! gokey boots hope that link works as I'm on the IPad. Like my PC better.

Last edited by Allan R; September 18th, 2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old September 18th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik follow-up: Yeah, it does seem as if I'm doing a lot of painting lately. The hardest part is the wind-up and clean-up. Once you get in the groove, it's really not too bad, although it's hard on the spine. I try to sit whenver possible.

Mike, let me know when the paint party is and I'll be over....

Allan, it's crazy 'spensive everywhere... I think we're payin' $150/yd delivered. Thank goodness we only have 3 yards and they can get the truck right there, so no pump or long wheelbarrowing needed. They're smoothing the stuff out as I write. Quite a crew...

Anyhoots, I need to start reading the messages more closely. But I'm always in a hurry. Sumpin' wrong with this picture.... thought "retirement" was spose to free up yer time .

Not much hope of getting rid of the malware unless I do a clean sweep. I've actually took out the drive and scanned it using my laptop using MSERT, Malware Bytes, Panda, and Kaspersky and it don't detect nuttin'... and I'm checking every option every time. Too bad we don't have guys like the thugs writing the viruses doing good for the country. We might not be in the mess we're in.
Old September 18th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Always room for one more

Got back from the Awful house and the bank and checked the company website for the first time in a few days. Guess what's back on the bid. Savannah. Remember this spring I was offered SAV and turned it down because I didn't have any place to stay.

Well now I have a big camping trailer that is not anywhere ready to be used, and I don't know now if I really want to go. And I have a new concern someone was telling me about, sand fleas. They sound horrible. I could spend the rest of my week working on the trailer, but having a few months to think about the whole thing I would literally be living for my job. Work there four days, travel home on my weekend, do chores, go back. I would never have any time to myself.

While I overthink this for myself, I'm soliciting opinions and other points of view. Savannah doesn't come up for years and now it's twice in one year? Crazy.
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:10 AM

Mike, It's hotter dan hades in de summmer, We had a strip center down there for years

Allan, Dat's right Gokey [de mail order company] musta made a deal with Orvis. It's a classic examble of how a company dat made a few GREAT leather products should stuck wit what they knew best
Old September 18th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Here it is just at noon and the roofers just showed up. I'm in the puter room next to where they're working with the blinds down but window open. Hoy moly they're a foul mouth bunch. They're talking about being put in jail??? or not paying taxes? These guys must be outright stupid. And they brought their yappy dogs again. Just 2 of em working today - the boss Andrew and the grunt. The grunt seems to think Andrew's ***** don't stink, or he's afraid of him.

EDIT (1:16 local time) Well they're just finishing ridge caps on the rear hip roof. That only took an hour and 45 minutes. With rain forecast for the evening I doubt they'll get it done today. Aren't I optimistic?

Jim - I don't know how they operate but I found a reference that Orvis bought them out so I guess they inherited the brand and image.

Last edited by Allan R; September 18th, 2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old September 18th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Guess what? It's 8:45 local time (dark out) and most of the neighborhood small kids getting ready for bed. Oh, no they won't. These idiot roofers are up on the front of the house trying to get the last section of roof done so they don't have to come back tomorrow. I think I hate them. They could have been here at 8:00 am and got this job finished by 4 or 5 pm, 6 at the latest. But noooooo they're here at the crack of 11:30 and compromise everyone in the neighborhood? The owner is going to get an earful from me tomorrow. Those rows better be laser straight and the caps better be too. I guess this isn't the best time to take my blood pressure and check my heart rate.

A gorgeous blond woman calls in the local roofing contractor to repair a leak in her roof. The roofing contractor sets his ladder up and starts work repairing the roof. As he is going about his work up and down the ladder, the blonde notices that he has extremely big feet. The biggest she has ever seen, in fact.

At the end of the day she pays his bill and asks the roofer if it is true what they say about men with big feet. The roofer says, “Sure is, why don’t we go upstairs and Ill prove it to you?” The blond agrees and they go to her bedroom and spend the night together.

In the morning as he is about to leave, the woman hands the roofer a $100 note. The roofer says, “Wow! I’m flattered... nobody has ever paid me for THAT before”. The woman replies, “don’t be, just take the money and buy some boots that fit”.

See ya in de mawnin.
Old September 19th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone. Werm?

Today is our 22nd anniversary.

Time for early koffee.
Old September 19th, 2014, 05:10 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Geez Allan, up at 0430? Impressive. Happy Anniversary. Hope you guys whoop it up today.

Beautiful day already. This week has been wonderful. No rain, got lots done. My plan of focused big projects getting done doesn't seem to be working out, but I am pleased with what I've got done so far and hope it continues.

Short-lived dilemma. Decided I'm not putting in for Savannah. Not a real career move and too stressful for the dogs. Last time the plan was to have a house and a yard and this time would be camping trailer and no yard. The hot weather I could handle, but there'd be no end to the commuting.

John I have to totally rethink my painting scheme, so you're safe for now. I was going to paint blue but the furniture I want wouldn't go with blue, so now I'm thinking green. Ug, this is too mind-consuming.

Okay going to Awful house. And for the first time in a long time I have no errands to run afterward. Have a good day everyone.
Old September 19th, 2014, 05:15 AM
CQR

Happy friday all. I'm like the rabbit in wonderland. I'm late, late, late.

Have a day all.

Congrats to the missus Allan. Not sure how she did it.
Old September 19th, 2014, 05:39 AM

Mawn'in all

Got a frog choker las nite in de mountains. Not sure 'bout de big city

Nice and quiet up ere. Made me sum sausage and biscuits fer breakfast and ready fer de day

Congrats, Allan, My 3 add up to 3+18+ 7 so collectively I got cha beat

How's de roof'in going?

Mike, paint beige and it will go with anything

Sandy, Don't stay such a stranger. I know ya can type from reading FB

TGIF Olds friends
Old September 19th, 2014, 05:40 AM

Clint, She may be closely related to Mother Terissa
Old September 19th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, the idiots were here nailing and disturbing the neighborhood till 10:17 last night. I'm not a popular guy in de hood today. I'll be talking to the GC about the lack of consideration and work ethics of this crew. I have his expensive trailer still in my driveway so maybe it'll be a hostage for a bit. Gotta check this mawnin on the cleanup job they did in the dark.
Old September 19th, 2014, 06:37 AM

Allan, Now dat's funny. You're gonna go out in de dark to check to see what de did in de dark.

I see a magnetic broom in your near future
Old September 19th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, no I'm not even close to that level of stupid.
I waited for daylight to check out the cleanup. So what did I find?
Nails on the sidewalk, nails on the drive, asphalt granules all over the place, damage to the side of the house and garage door, lumber that I had stacked beside the house tossed onto the neighbors yard, crud left on neighbors sidewalk, gate left propped open, new deck boards and steps are trashed with ground in asphalt crud. I specifically told these guys to tarp,the deck because it was brand new and finished in natural color Thompson water seal. The contract says I'm not supposed to clean any of their mess so I won't. The boss can come and see what his crew did and I'm not a happy camper right now. Maybe some peeps would just overlook this stuff but I won't. But they also aren't getting their trailer back till this is resolved. Now I have to be like John and do painting and refinishing for damage that shouldn't have happened. Am I being too picky? I don't think so.

I'm not complaining about the quality of the roof products used, but I am upset by the lack of consideration and attention to cleanup detail this crew demonstrated. BTW, they also.had their dogs running around on the roof while they were working part of the day.
Old September 19th, 2014, 08:02 AM

Congrats on the anniversary Allan.
Old September 19th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Always room for one more

Allan we've established that they are slobs and low grade people, but how did the job turn out? Are the rows straight or is your roof doing the wave like at a concert?

I'm sure the dogs appreciated burning their feet on the hot roof all day.
Old September 19th, 2014, 08:43 AM

Allan, IMHO, now would be a good time to take pics. Dis could get nasty
Old September 19th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes. I'll pass that along to the missus after she rouses from her beauty sleep. She's a night owl and sleeps late. She passed that trait along to 'de boy'.

Mike, yes the roof looks just fine. Everything appears to be straight and no waves. If it had been wavy, they'd be coming back to redo it because that would clearly be a workmanship issue. I don't think they did ice dam all the way down the upper valleys though, based on overhearing their conversation about that.

Re: the dogs? They should never have been brought to a work site. Your assessment of those peeps is right on.

Now if they appreciated pups like you do......BTW, must be a time zone thing. When I first posted today it was5:30 local time, which isn't really that early, at least for me.

The boy made us a beautiful anniversary card (using his puter stuff printed on color laser jet) with a wonderful personalized message. We won't see him now till Saturday night late. Going to a big gala partee Saturday night starts at 5:30.

EDIT, Jim I tried to take some pics but for some reason the details don't show up that well. Kind of like taking pics of cars for sale, the lens sort of has an autocorrect to hide blemishes. Don't know if that makes sense. The things like the lumber are very obvious and so is the damage to the garage door and corner of the house. The end of the trailer is only 3' from those items and it's really clear what happened. For now my car is parked across the front of the trailer hitch so it's not going anywhere.

Last edited by Allan R; September 19th, 2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old September 19th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
Are the rows straight or is your roof doing the wave like at a concert?
Sheesh I spoke too soon. When the sun came out it was really clear that the bottom course on the front lower roof is not straight at all. It bends upwards in the middle to expose the drip edge molding. And another thing I just found - they buggered my eavestrough!! Likely dropped a bundle on it and it slid out against the trough bending it pretty bad. I'm not going to settle for just trying to bend it back into shape. I want it replaced. IMO, when the job is done, the house should be in as good or better condition than when the job started. I can overlook a small dent where a ladder is put up, but not this. I'll see if I can upload a pic for you. Not sure if this will show it as much as it is. BTW I tried to see if the marks will come off the house and door with just rubbing but no. Taking them off will discolor the area where the mark was will require painting. The marks on the house are actually small gouges with asphalt tar on top
Old September 19th, 2014, 12:11 PM

Oh No
Old September 19th, 2014, 02:19 PM

That sucks Allen. Hope you haven't cut them a cheque yet. Shoddy work and bad work ethics. Hold their feet to the fire big time
Old September 19th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Oh No
Too funny Jim. Almost to the T except that happened about 8 years ago. Hmmm, maybe these are their walking dead?
Old September 19th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Sorry to be such a stranger. Just haven't felt like doing much at all. Everything seems to be a chore these days.

Went for my 2 week check up yesterday. The doc isn't real pleased with how much fluid is still on my right side. He tried to draw fluid out with a needle in the right breast area but got nothing. He showed me how to massage the area to hopefully break up the hard stuff in there. It's swelled up pretty huge towards my underarm. My right thigh is still swelled pretty good too, so I have to kind of massage it too. It's numbish and weird feeling. He took 2 or so lymph nodes out of my right groin area during the operation and put them in the left breast/underarm area, thinking that it might help the lymphedema in my left arm that I've had for 21years. I don't see any difference yet.... might not. He didn't know for sure if it would work. But now the right thigh and groin area is swelled and numbish. Whatever. He can't take the 2 remaining drain tubes out yet as I'm still putting out a lot of fluid. I'm dreading when he does take them out - the skin is going to be grown around the ends of the tubes really good and it's gonna hurt like a bitch!

I had no idea that he just rips them out! When he took the 2 upper tubes out on my first post op visit, he grabbed one, his assistant grabbed the other one and he counted to 3 and they each ripped them out! No numbing beforehand or anything. My God did that hurt! Just burned inside like fire. I laid there and cried. Couldn't do much else... I'm going to use some of that numbing cream that I put on my port for chemo around these tubes in my groin before he rips them out. It might help some... can't hurt!

So now I have to wear this compression girdle. It has 8 hooks and eyes up each side and a zipper over the hooks. It's tight. Hopefully wearing this will help get some of the built up fluid out. I don't know. I can't put it on by myself. I can't see over the swelled ***** and holding up my shirt with drain bottles pinned to it to hook the hooks and zip the damned thing. Linda has to help me. It's very painful on my unhealed incisions and my glued together abdomen.

The doc seems to think the new ***** are doing well - they still look freakish to me, lol. Other than the fluid, he's pleased with the progress. I'm walking better. Really didn't use the walkers much at all. I can't stand straight yet - I think if I would, I'd just break in half! I'm just soooo tight in the middle.

I drove today for the first time. It's rough riding in the car. The bumps just jar me so much. But he said I could drive now. So I took Lin to her place today to get her mail and water her plants and such. I sat on the couch while she did her stuff. She's going to stay with me this week too. I can't work this girdle by myself yet. She's been a lot of help. So has Nicole. They keep the house clean and the laundry done and help me reach things. The doc did say yesterday to start reaching some now. Both my underarms are sore and tight feeling.

Tomorrow I'm going to venture out to a car show. I see that the one down here on 91 at Rockwell is tomorrow, so is the Pops show at the Brimfest in Brimfield. So now I'm torn. I'll probably go to Brimfield. Sunday is the Balloon Affair show in Ravenna and also the BOP over at Summit but it's supposed to rain.

It's been cold here. 40's at night and only hitting the 60's in the afternoon. Supposed to be around 77 tomorrow. What a crappy summer.

Glad to hear everyone is doing alright. Thanks to you all who have sent cards. I appreciate it!!! It means alot. Keep the prayers and good thoughts coming. Larry is talking again for the time being, lol. Except to Nicole. He just ignores her. ***. She's going to be moving in October. I sure will miss her. Guess she lined up a U-Haul today.

Well I'm tired. Just wanted to check in. You all take care and I'll be lurking, lol.
Old September 19th, 2014, 09:13 PM

Sandy, glad to hear from you and that you are making progress, keep pluggin' away. Jim...That's funny!
Old September 20th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Cool this morning! A little overcast as well, but it's supposed to be nice all day.

Gonna wash cars today. Of course in the middle of the day I'm going to a military vehicle club meeting. I wouldn't go but it's here on the south side today instead of the north side, and this old guy I know wants me to go to show the northsiders that they should have the meetings down here more often. These are all old men and have nothing better to do on a Saturday than to get together for lunch. If I were to go to this meeting on the north side it would kill the whole day.

Sandy a car show is just what you need. Glad things are progressing.

I'm going to forego the Awful house today. Most of the people I go to see won't be there, and the Saturday crowd is really annoying. I can use the extra time to get stuff done.

Allan you can make it your life mission now to warn people about this contractor. Wonder where all the good references came from.

Okay have a good Saturday all. Time to get moving.