The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2011, 06:34 PM

G'day everyone, I just finished putting the exhaust cap on passenger side manifold and 2 min back inside it started to rain again

I tried your potato soup last night Jamesbo and it was great! I didn't get to have seconds because my wife beat me there I'll have to make more next time

Take care on that roof Ken and don't forget to set up the camera just in case

How are you doing down there Col? Is it flooding around your place yet? The rest of the east coast seems to be lol

Take care all,

Adrian
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:06 PM

Just a regular cloudy winter day here today.

But I don't care, I am so HAPPY. I am taking mechanical engineering at university. Last semester was our "final" project. (I am not done my degree yet, still have some classes to finish). We got our marks for the project. I passed! It was 4 months with lack of sleep and no social life. November and December I only left the house for school and work. I spent the last week before the due date barely sleeping. It was a lot of work, but I guess it was worth it.

The project was to design a hybrid "sports" car. My group was responsible for the power delivery system (aka transaxle). We even did a website for it.
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by bulldog
Ken, Just remember the most important thing when climbing on a roof.
You're video could be worth $10,000.
Good point, but he may want to wait to send it in. The exchange rate isn't the best right now.
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:18 PM

Good to hear you passed car designer!!!
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by car_designer
Just a regular cloudy winter day here today.

But I don't care, I am so HAPPY. I am taking mechanical engineering at university. Last semester was our "final" project. (I am not done my degree yet, still have some classes to finish). We got our marks for the project. I passed! It was 4 months with lack of sleep and no social life. November and December I only left the house for school and work. I spent the last week before the due date barely sleeping. It was a lot of work, but I guess it was worth it.

The project was to design a hybrid "sports" car. My group was responsible for the power delivery system (aka transaxle). We even did a website for it.
Congratulations!
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by car_designer
Good point, but he may want to wait to send it in. The exchange rate isn't the best right now.
Too late! Just finished the garage. Took about 2-3 tons of snow off the house and about a ton off the garage. When I got on the roof, it was mid-thigh high. Boy, I'm glad that's done.
Old January 20th, 2011, 05:08 AM

Good morning guys & gal

How's everyone doing? Been working 12 hr days 7 days a week, should lighten up in by the first of Feb. Thanks for starting the "new good morning thread. This morning is my first chance to check in.

Jamsbo's up to cookin again I see. I'll start throwing some home made recipes on here as well from time to time. Got some pretty good stuff for a left coaster.

Talk to you all later
Old January 20th, 2011, 05:22 AM

Morning All, VERY COLD here today, not sure about the rest of you but I can't wait for spring.
Congradulations car_designer, may'be you can catch up on the sleep you lost now.
Great to have you back citcapp
Ken, You should be good until the next round of snow
Have agood day all.
Old January 20th, 2011, 05:24 AM

Mawn'in all

Mawn'in sez,

Congratulations car-designer.

Pat,Thanks, I could use sum recipe hep ere. Glad you got a brake in de werk load. Heck, I'm glad anyone's got a job des days.

Ken, I can' imagine dat much snow. Good Grief. Good thing ya got does boys to hep ya.

Ausraven, Glad cha like de soup. Ere's anutter one fer ya.

Alaska Salmon Chowder

1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Chicken Broth, divided
2 cups diced peeled potatoes
1 cup sliced carrots
1 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
2 cups cooked salmon chunks or 2 cans (7-1/2 ounces each) salmon, drained and bones removed

In a large saucepan, cook onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in 1/4 cup broth until tender. Add the potatoes, carrots, seasoned salt if desired, dill and remaining broth.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add zucchini; simmer for 5 minutes. Add the corn, milk and salmon; heat through. Yield: 7 servings.

Yooooooooo Hooooooooooo Sandy wake up and get yoself to werk.
Old January 20th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

I'm here Jamesbo!! Just been doing other things.... No, not working, lol!

Cold and flurries out here this morning. It was 17 when I came in to work. We have another winter storm warning going into effect this afternoon until 3 am tomorrow morning. Just what we need.... I'm really tired of it already. I was tired of it in December! Guess I'll have to go pick up Nicole and take her home this afternoon then come back to work. I'm mean, but not mean enough to make her walk in a storm, lol! I got her yesterday because the wind chill was pretty cold out there....

Not much going on around here. Larry made his chicken stew last night so I brought some leftover for lunch. I love that stuff, lol! Warms ya right up.

Congrats, car designer!! That's a wonderful thing!

Ken.... glad you made it off the roof safely!

Citcapp... welcome back! We missed you!! Just don't delete anything, lol!

I miss Blue...... where is he?

Have a good day all!
Old January 20th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Captain of my ship

Morning all , glad to see y'all still doin ok. Except Blue who seems to have disappeared and myself who just feelin lousey most days. We have a big storm supposed to hit here this weekend so maybe get out in the tractor and move snow around. Last storm I spent the morning doin that and 2 days recovering. Still loved getting out anyway.
I remember going to Glacier National Park but in Waterton Park on the Canadian side. It extends into SW Alberta and SE British Columbia. We camped at the park and went for a walk around a trail at one of the lakes there , it led to the border with Montana and the glacier that was there feeding the lake was in the U.S. The animal there were something else , tame and coming up to you wanting a handout. Early one morning I got up heading to the bathroom when I saw a female elk walking down the road toward me. I stopped and just held out my hand and she came up to see if I had anything. Finding nothing she just kept walking past me.
Yep all the glaciers are retreating quickly and bad weather will be common place , lots of rain in summer and snow in the fall depending where in the world you live. We had a pile of rain this fall and lots of flooding so i can relate to what Australia is going through. Not as widespread here cause it's hilly.
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM

Afternoon all. Wolfie, in the second picture is that a map of some kind or a drawing of a whale? Looks like there is enough water for a whale.

It's warmed up here. Only -5C (-11c with the wind). That's somewhere in the 20's on the old F scale. I even put the garbage out without bothering to put a coat on. Going to +4c tomorrow...going to be like Australia (water not the heat).

Saw the demolition derby in Pittsburgh on the news...or was it shuffle cars? Crazy weather around the world. Can wait for our tropical climate next year when the poles shift. "Taking a cruise in the Canadian Islands"...doesn't sound as romantic as the Greek Islands, but hey, our islands are bigger and just waiting to be developed.
Old January 20th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo...... I just saw this joke and thought of you, lol!

What is the difference between a Southern zoo and a Northern zoo???

The Northern zoo has a plaque that describes the animal..........

The Southern zoo has a description of the animal, along with a recipe!
Old January 20th, 2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Jamesbo...... I just saw this joke and thought of you, lol!

What is the difference between a Southern zoo and a Northern zoo???
The Northern zoo has a plaque that describes the animal..........
The Southern zoo has a description of the animal, along with a recipe!
Bar-b-qued Dik-dik is wonderful. But I don't think even a cracker like me would wannna cook a primate.

I bought sum , shrimp, muscles and cradads at de sto a while ago. I'm gonna fix me up sum paella and later on sum crawfish stew.

Shopping tip.

I never, never ever enter Walmart. But I had to today to get me a new toaster oven. I went in a new Super Walmart that was [believe it or not] almost empty. and probably well over 500k square feet. I'm talking enormous ere.

Zooooooooo, I said, I'm gonna look at de groceries. Cheap, cheap, cheap and alot of varitiey of sum really good stuff that I would have expected to fine. Nova, safron rice, EVOO, smoked Ghuda, I was shocked. I'd say most the every tiem was at 25 cents to 45 cents cheaper than the grocery sto I usually go to.
Old January 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Cutlass Lover

Yep.... their groceries are cheaper. I shop there alot. We go there before we go to Giant Eagle. Gotta save wherever you can! Gonna have "crawcrab" stew, huh?
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I bought sum , shrimp, muscles and cradads at de sto a while ago. I'm gonna fix me up sum paella and later on sum crawfish stew.
Sounds a bit like what food eats Jamesbo....Bait.
Welcome back Pat. Sounds like you're working a little too hard. 12/7 = 84 hours a week and while 65 might be the new 55, let me tell ya I'm the old 55 and I couldn't do it.
No good that you're still feeling crook Wolfie. Gotta be something the medicos can do to get you sorted. Warmer climate maybe? We speak Canadian down here
Good joke Sandy (look out Ken) and congrats Car Designer. Good to have a couple of new posters on the thread too.
Sunny and 31c in Sydney's west. Chance of rain in the city but unlikely out this way.
Friday morning. One meeting early this avo in Brighton Le Sands on the banks of Botany Bay (that's where Capt Cook landed in 1770 & proclaimed that we should be a British colony much to the bemusement of the local indigenous people). Then it'll be dress-down and off to the pub.
C'nardly wait BTW...did I mention I was thinking of selling the Olds?
Old January 20th, 2011, 07:03 PM
GM Enthusiast

Nice recipe Jamesbro. We'll have to make some of that Potato Soup.

Cold here today. Had 18" the other day, going to get another 3-6" tonight. Can't wait for spring.
Old January 20th, 2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
Friday morning. One meeting early this avo in Brighton Le Sands on the banks of Botany Bay (that's where Capt Cook landed in 1770 & proclaimed that we should be a British colony much to the bemusement of the local indigenous people). Then it'll be dress-down and off to the pub.
Why?

Went out with my team from the project tonite to celebrate.

I have only been in one of those Super Walmarts a couple of times. I don't know if we have them up here yet. In Canada there is a chain called Real Canadian Super Store, and they are working their way opposite to Walmart. They are mainly a grocery store, but have electronics and basic auto stuff like oil, anti-freeze, ...
Old January 21st, 2011, 02:17 AM

BTW...did I mention I was thinking of selling the Olds?
Why would you even think of such a thing??? I will take her off your hands for a while, not buy it, then when you start to miss her you can call me up and I can bring her back to you
Old January 21st, 2011, 02:30 AM
Registered

A new good morning thread??
I wonder what happened, been a little out of it lately.

Redgoat disappeared for a few days and just now showed back up....weird.

I've been busy fending for myself because I'm being ignored because of wedding and baby planning, even had to feed myself.
Have to get to the THE Wal-Mart Supercenter (lets get our terminology correct here) and fetch me some groceries.
I heard they have a whole toast aisle, they even import French toast.
I can never find toast in the morning around here, I don't know where my wife hides the stuff, have tons of bread around.
Made modified French toast today, dumped syrup on bread and ate it, got to get to THE Wal-Mart and get me some real stuff that's hot...and toasted.

I'm thinking of throwing a surprise baby shower/bachelor party for my future son in law.
Planning a cop theme since he's a big-bad lawman, serving roast pig.
My daughter said he wants to shave his head now.
Just what I want, a shaved head rookie cop son-in-law.
I know the rules say no religion here but Lord...why me???
Is my faith being tested for some future mission????

My daughter went and had an ultrasound last week to see what sex her growing belly is.
She said they're pretty sure it's a boy because they saw a "little turtle"???!!!
A turtle?
I don't know what this girl has been up to and I'm afraid to ask, whatever it is I'll care for it as my own and never ask any questions, reptile or not.
Aren't turtles hatched from eggs???
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:19 AM

Quote (I'm thinking of throwing a surprise baby shower/bachelor party for my future son in law.
My daughter said he wants to shave his head now.
Just what I want, a shaved head rookie cop son-in-law.
I know the rules say no religion here but Lord...why me???
Is my faith being tested for some future mission???? )

Blue,Just think of the future get-out-of-jail cards, and the little police cards you can pass out to get out of speeding tickets
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Mawn'in sez,

Well Glad to have ya back wit us Blue. X 2 on de "Get out of Jail free" cards. Maybe you can get one fer Redgoat also.

I was plann'in on mak'in sum Cradad stew but when I left CO and turned on the boob tube yesterday afternoon, Linda Kozlowski was dropp'in her wrap at the billabong to fill her canteen and revealing her solid 11 caboose. I'm fraid I fainted like ever utter time I've seen dat movie.

After I revived myself with sum rotten potatoes and Clamato, I noticed my cradads were still frozen.

Zooooooo, I cut me up a boneless, skinless chicken breast, sauted it and chopped it up, Chopped me up sum onions, taters, carrots tossed it all in a pot with sum chicken stock, Cayenne pepper, tobacco sauce and a can of cream of mushroom soup w/ a little heavy whipp'in cream.

And Voila, Chicken mushroom stew with a Cajun flair.

When de Super model got home she jumped on it like "white on rice" and praised my culinary skills. It really was VERY GOOD and easy as pie.

If anyone knows whar I can buy one of Linda's outfits let me know.
Maybe Col can send me one from Down under.
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:12 AM
GM Enthusiast

That's funny. Hope your future son-in-law has a great sense of humor Blue!
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:35 AM

[quote=Col Wickham; BTW...did I mention I was thinking of selling the Olds?[/quote]

Alright Col., don't leave us in suspense. Your thinking of selling the Olds because????
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:37 AM

WTF, sell the OLD's? Can't leave us hanging with that thought Col, What's up?
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:47 AM

Morning all,
Another cold day here. OH where is spring.

Col say it ain't so, someone is going to get a nice car if you do sell.
Old January 21st, 2011, 06:06 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

BTW...did I mention I was thinking of selling the Olds?
What up wit dat? What up wit dat!

--Don
Old January 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a blustery 12 degrees out here, snowin and the wind is whipping. Wind chills in the single digits.... it's friggin cold! Got about 6 inches of snow last evening. Roads were horrible.

Blue..... glad you're back and your sense of humor is still intact, lol!

Colonel.... you're bein a "plick", lol... keeping us in suspense - is this like when The Handsomest One was arriving on the scene and you had to tease us and hijack The Prettiest One?? I think he would look awesome parked next to her up here, and I would take most excellent care of him, so go ahead and ship him over, ok? I'll give ya my address, lol!
I really hope you're not going to get rid of him....

Jamesbo..... sounds like a good stew ya made!! I brought leftover chicken stew again today. I love it when it's cold out.

I'm finally getting my money from the service contract on the Colbalt - I get to go to the dealer and pick up the check tomorrow. That will be nice. Then I can go buy a clunker out of someone's back yard for Nicole to drive. Better than walking.....

Well have a good day all!
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM

Sounds a bit like what food eats Jamesbo....Bait.
Welcome back Pat. Sounds like you're working a little too hard. 12/7 = 84 hours a week and while 65 might be the new 55, let me tell ya I'm the old 55 and I couldn't do it.
No good that you're still feeling crook Wolfie. Gotta be something the medicos can do to get you sorted. Warmer climate maybe? We speak Canadian down here
Good joke Sandy (look out Ken) and congrats Car Designer. Good to have a couple of new posters on the thread too.
Sunny and 31c in Sydney's west. Chance of rain in the city but unlikely out this way.
To quote Sheriff Buford T. Justice (Jackie Gleason in "Smokey and the Bandit") when he told those boys fixing a flat not to leave their car because they were under arrest... "OH, you can think it....but doooooon't do it."
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:17 PM
Captain of my ship

Clunkers for kids , that is something you should have done from the start. When they learn how to drive then they can buy their own car , haha.

"No good that you're still feeling crook Wolfie. Gotta be something the medicos can do to get you sorted. Warmer climate maybe? We speak Canadian down here."

Col ,I would take you up on that if I could and I were younger. I could use warm and dry. i wonder if I could float my Olds boat over??
My bones ache so much I can feel a storm coming a week in advance.
Old January 21st, 2011, 08:26 PM
...should get a life....

I was plann'in on mak'in sum Cradad stew but when I left CO and turned on the boob tube yesterday afternoon, Linda Kozlowski was dropp'in her wrap at the billabong to fill her canteen and revealing her solid 11 caboose. I'm fraid I fainted like ever utter time I've seen dat movie.
If anyone knows whar I can buy one of Linda's outfits let me know.
Maybe Col can send me one from Down under.
Jamesbo,...I don't know the size you wear so I'll just send you the video to keep the memory alive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0QzvlBP6oI
Dumbest looking croc I ever did see

Welcome back from wherever you bin Blue. Glad to hear that the Grandturtle is incubating nicely. Will you be attending the birth?

Now about me thinking of selling the Olds...
True, and if you check out the pic on the All American Day thread you'll notice a for sale sign on the dash. But I haven't advertised it anywhere else yet. The thing is,....1967 442 Convertibles have the same effect on me as Linda Kozlowski's caboose has on Jamesbo. I figure I can probably get enough for the '72 to get a pretty good one. I've found a nice original car in CA, and a frame off, 100pt tribute car (4 speed) in GA.
Both are the same colour as my previous car (saffron). The tribute car is $10k dearer. It was a $50k restoration job and everything is new.
I love my 72. It's a striking car and it turns more heads than a 67 but there's something I love about 67s. We'll see what transpires. Either that or I'll buy a Mustang (would never happen)
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:34 PM

Just thought I would stop by and say Hi. I am really sorry that many of you are still shoveling snow and have the heat turned up to high. It is our cold season here also. High yesterday was only 85 and the low was 60. Still wearing my shorts and sandals but had to put a shirt on.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 03:35 AM

Mawn'in

Dumbest looking croc I ever did see
Croc? What croc?

Col,

I had big plans to cook up sum Paella today. Now, I'm not sure I can get away from the video you posted.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rdrokit
Just thought I would stop by and say Hi. I am really sorry that many of you are still shoveling snow and have the heat turned up to high. It is our cold season here also. High yesterday was only 85 and the low was 60. Still wearing my shorts and sandals but had to put a shirt on.

You really now how to rube it in don't you. When summer hits you and you're sweating like a pig I'll return the favor
Old January 22nd, 2011, 03:51 AM

Croc? What croc?

Col,

I had big plans to cook up sum Paella today. Now, I'm not sure I can get away from the video you posted.
X2 my replay button is still stuck
Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
You really now how to rube it in don't you. When summer hits you and you're sweating like a pig I'll return the favor
Yea, April and May the hottest months where I am. Lucky I am not near the water so there is little humidity. highs around 105 those months and 80s low. But I did spend last April and May at my sisters place in Snohomish.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:12 PM

Well it's a beautiful Spring-like days today. Temps above freezing and snow starting to melt. But wait, it's two whole months untl Spring! Did more shovelling but didn't need to zip the jacket or wear a hat. Snow was heavy today, glad I shovelled the roof a few days ago. Here's what it looked like today.

Attachment 184386

Attachment 184387

Sidwalk in front of the house
Attachment 184388

Walk up to the front door (which we never use)
Attachment 184389
Attachment 184390

Front door looking towards the street
Attachment 184391

Looking at the frontyard
Attachment 184392

Going into the backyard
Attachment 184393

Backyard and deck (or should I say 10' x 30' snow holder)
Attachment 184394

Attachment 184395

Jake the Wonder Dog wants to play
Attachment 184396

Fetch!
Attachment 184397

Attachment 184398
He'll sleep well tonight

More backyard(with one shed in the background)
Attachment 184399
Attachment 184400

From inside the garage looking out
Attachment 184401

Don't know where to put any more snow should we get some. Next week will all be on the + side. 2c (34F) today, and up to 3c during the week. That should make some room. Three of the 4 shovel are broken, so have to replenish the stock.

Hockey Night in Canada is about to start and Karen has hot chicken sandwich and fries with Montreal gravy ready to go. Yum! Hope your day was a good one.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM

Ahhh, I miss Chelsea My Golden
Old January 22nd, 2011, 05:54 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It got up to a balmy 16 degrees here today. Was 2 degrees early. Sun was out and made the snow look all glittery. It's down to 10 right now. I hate it!

Jamesbo..... I made the Tomato Hamburger soup today! We loved it!! I had 2 bowls of it. I also heated some rolls to go along with it. I will make it again sometime. I have 3 small containers of it left, so I'll probably be taking it to work for lunch. I had a hard time NOT draining the burger, lol! What size can of beef broth do you add? It didn't say, so I got 2 cans - bigger than a soup can size - and used them both. It is thick when you start cooking it, isn't it? I cooked it about 3 hours.

Didn't do much else today. Usual laundry and cleaning. Made a german chocolate cake. Went to the dealer and got my check and put in my savings acct. Now I can put that whole car thing behind me I hope. Went out and fed the birds - my fingers froze and hurt bad. I had to come in and warm them up and go back out and finish. I got some of those "glove liners" that are supposed to keep the hands warm, but they don't work. I'm ready for some Thailand like weather!

Ken, great snow pics! Looks like you all got slammed. I love your dog! Very pretty.

I'm not gonna comment on the video......

Have a good evening all!
Old January 22nd, 2011, 06:44 PM

Good morning all. A little strange as it is 12 hours ahead of EST over here, like being in the future. Thanks for the pixs Ken. Looks like a winter wonderland. The key word here is LOOKS. I do remember winters like that as I am originally from New Jersey. Just hated shoveling snow and chipping ice off my windshield. It was 18.2C (65F)when I woke up this am.
Enjoy the NFL playoffs today. GO JETS!!!