The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

WAR!!!!

Old July 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM
olds..older..oldest

WAR!!!!

Do any of you Oldsmobile fanatics know of any websites that offer car-oriented bumper stickers/t-shirts/banners etc.? Tell you why I ask....my friend and neighbour has a 1970 Chevelle SS 396,and he has had no end of fun sneaking into my garage at all hours and placing bumper stickers on my 69 442 post coupe. It would be alright if they were "friendly", but here's 2 examples from the last month...." I'm pedal to the metal...please pass me"...or..."zero-to-sixty in 15 minutes"!! To be fair, it may have been triggered by me taking my 45 inch deck riding mower,and cutting "OLDS 442" into his front lawn in 8 foot letters! Still, a state of war has been declared,and if you folk know of any pro-Olds,Chevy degrading stuff I can "lob" at him,I'd appreciate it.....I'll keep you posted...Derek
Old July 5th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Geezer

Originally Posted by derek nesdoly
Do any of you Oldsmobile fanatics know of any websites that offer car-oriented bumper stickers/t-shirts/banners etc.? Tell you why I ask....my friend and neighbour has a 1970 Chevelle SS 396,and he has had no end of fun sneaking into my garage at all hours and placing bumper stickers on my 69 442 post coupe. It would be alright if they were "friendly", but here's 2 examples from the last month...." I'm pedal to the metal...please pass me"...or..."zero-to-sixty in 15 minutes"!! To be fair, it may have been triggered by me taking my 45 inch deck riding mower,and cutting "OLDS 442" into his front lawn in 8 foot letters! Still, a state of war has been declared,and if you folk know of any pro-Olds,Chevy degrading stuff I can "lob" at him,I'd appreciate it.....I'll keep you posted...Derek
Sounds like your "friend & neighbor" is suffering from a bad case of Chevy owner inferiority syndrome..... Everyone knows only the more sophisticated, discriminating, vintage car buyer has at least one Oldsmobile, your "friend & neighbor" is just having a tough time accepting the fact.

Now if you want anti-Chevy stuff, I'd check out Ford sites, there is bound to be a wide selection.
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:38 AM
olds..older..oldest

Originally Posted by Texascarnut
Sounds like your "friend & neighbor" is suffering from a bad case of Chevy owner inferiority syndrome..... Everyone knows only the more sophisticated, discriminating, vintage car buyer has at least one Oldsmobile, your "friend & neighbor" is just having a tough time accepting the fact.

Now if you want anti-Chevy stuff, I'd check out Ford sites, there is bound to be a wide selection.
Thanks Geezer! I'm also his family doctor,and I've told him that if these delusions[of Chebby "grandeur"] continue,I'll have no choice but to get him heavily medicated,and then committed to a loony bin!!I did manage to copy a website sticker and put it on his wannabe...it say's.."If I was rich and famous,do you think I'd be driving this piece of s$%t?!"
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Trying to remember member

Hey now, be nice. Isn't the fact that he has a Chevy enough punishment already? (always good to see *friendly* rivalry!)
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:44 AM
olds..older..oldest

Originally Posted by wmachine
Hey now, be nice. Isn't the fact that he has a Chevy enough punishment already? (always good to see *friendly* rivalry!)
Keep it coming guys!!! I'll be printing out all the posts and leaving them on his desk at work. W.Machine,this is more than a "friendly rivalry",this guy told me I was driving my GRANDFATHER'S Oldsmobile!!
Old July 5th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Wink Grandfathers Olds

Yes Grandfathers Olds & Proud of it! It gets so Quiet at night down here in the Mo. Ozarks You can hear a Chevrolet RUST
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Geezer

Keep it coming guys!!! I'll be printing out all the posts and leaving them on his desk at work. W.Machine,this is more than a "friendly rivalry",this guy told me I was driving my GRANDFATHER'S Oldsmobile!!

So what's wrong with that? The only reason Chebby even came to exist was due to Henry Ford refusing to sell his car business to Durant for anything but cash. Had Durant been able to raise the 9.1 million Ford wanted in cash he'd be driving a Ford because Chebby would have never existed.
Old July 5th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Tell him HOT CHICKS love fast cars...........So why dont he step up and get one???
Old July 5th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Trying to remember member

That is a complement, my friend, and you should tell hm that. (Don't feel bad, GM marketing mistook that too and paid dearly)

Tell him there is a reason that he can only recognize the taillights of an Oldsmobile!
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Texascarnut
Everyone knows only the more sophisticated, discriminating, vintage car buyer has at least one Oldsmobile.
That's right - Olds definetely did have more class. Your neighbor must accept the fact that Chevrolet was GM's foundation of the totem pole...
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:47 AM

New Chevy's have heated trunk lids....so your hands don't freeze pushing it in winter.

New Chevy's have optional magnetic rear bumpers...so it picks up the parts that fall off.

The Heartbeat of America??? The heartbeat stops here!

Chevy's...must pull over to let a funeral go by.

Chevelle...poor man's Cutlass

Even Louis Chevrolet drove Buick's.
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Official Tire Kicker

Hopefully this doesn't end up in the news:

Man found under Chevy.

A local man was found lying on his garage floor in a pool of oil today. No suspects have been identified but news 10 has learned that there is a person of interest in the case. A passerby described seeing the man talking to a neighbor two hours before the discovery and described the conversation that the men were having as "heated." The only clue left at the scene were tire tracks leading away from the home and a bumper sticker which was quoted as saying "Not your Fathers Oldsmobile."

Old July 6th, 2009, 10:26 AM

SPEED KILLS, DRIVE A CHEVY AND LIVE FOREVER!

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE CHEVYS!

IF THIS CAR WAS A HORSE I'D HAVE TO SHOOT IT!

YOU HAVE TO BE REALLY SECURE TO BE SEEN IN A CAR LIKE THIS!
Old July 6th, 2009, 10:37 AM

CHEVYPEE.jpg