The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

New technique Dental Implant Question

Old February 19th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Hookers under Hood

New technique Dental Implant Question

This likely isn't a discussion most would like to discuss and share experiences with, but I would like some feedback if some of you with Implants wouldn't mind sharing.

I'm going to be getting a full lower denture with 2 titanium ball lock type Implants. The will be placed in the bottom where my lower eye teeth are positioned.

The course of action,
Remove the lower teeth, place powder bone mixture in where eye teeth are removed, insert immediate denture. Then after healing, the lower denture will be relined and placed onto the ball locks 1 per side to hold the lower in place.
Their are more steps such as a 3d xray for proper Implant placement, place denture in core out the bone then insert implant and denture. The lower denture will still be taken out each night, they are not set in and never removed.
The cost $4500.00, includes denture, bone, 3d xrays and final relining, set the implant reattach denture. The process will between 6-8 months.

I am told this is the new, cheaper way to do Implants that will last for many years. just changing the rubber "O" Rings as they wear on the ball lock will be the only thing needed, as needed at $12.00 each.

I feel our community here would be the best place to ask such questions since we are all car guys and we don't get embarrassed easily.
If anyone feels as thou they could help me make this decision I would really appreciate it. If not I understand.

Thanks
Eric

Last edited by 76olds; February 19th, 2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old February 19th, 2017, 04:33 PM

Implants

I got lower implants a couple of years ago. I didn't want a long, drawn out procedure, so I asked thr dentist if he could do it all at one time. He agreed to that. He pulled the remaining lower teeth, then his brother, an oral surging. Placed six implant posts into the bone. Back to the dentist, where he placed and fastened the lower denture. It's the permanent type. It was all over in one day, and healed pretty fast. Was expensive, but I haven't regretted doing it.
Old February 19th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Hookers under Hood

Thank-you very much for your input, I could go that route as well. However 6 to 8 permanent implants here are between $20-30 thousand bucks.
I'll add, I have a full upper denture without Implants which are OK, just can't bite into anything at the front, get it past the front teeth I'm OK LOL. I'm getting better with it since it was only last summer. I don't think I'll go with Implants on the uppers just yet. The lowers I figure, I better go with at least 2 to start with.
I have that option as well, but, if the 2 ball lock implants would keep it from moving around with the ability to chew a little better than a floating denture with glue then I'd like to save the 20+ thousand LOL.
I really appreciate your feedback,
Eric

Last edited by 76olds; February 19th, 2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:10 AM
Hookers under Hood

I know this topic is something that many don't like talk about.
So I'd like to share my experience so far and hope it will help others out one day considering such dental implant work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since my lower teeth were very much crowded after my wisdom teeth came in when I was in my early 20's, pushing my teeth together making them impossible to floss and difficult to clean properly brushing, I left them alone rather than getting braces in the prime of my life. So I finally made the decision to remove them and begin the "New 3 Stage (LESS PAIN), Denture Implant process at 50.

I had all my lower teeth removed earlier this week ( Yes at once lol) , I didn't get put to sleep, the whole process to 3 1/2 hours in a comfort massaging/heated chair. Needles to say I'm hurtin' now haha. But the pain is from inserting the immediate denture rite after the teeth were removed. ( Same as an immediate denture but with added bone).
I'n, the first after removing all my teeth, the added bones in 4 places both lower eye teeth and stomach teeth to the rear of them from a bone graft.
They sewed everything up and wait for the bone to take and placed an immediate denture in. ( The pain is tolerable, but painful to say the least) I'm eating soft foods for a couple weeks .

The cost so far has been the extractions $1200, lower denture $1565. and bone $220 per site . I opted to do 4 so $880. as mentioned above.

The wait time will be 3 months until the bones takes and sets for stage 2 .
Ill keep you guys posted !!

I hope this helps some that are considering this,
Eric

Last edited by 76olds; March 18th, 2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:26 PM

I just paid $3800 for just one implant about three weeks ago, you gotta deal. Dentist was a good friend I think... Tedd
Old March 18th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Hookers under Hood

I'm getting a good deal for sure, Our kids play hockey with their kids, so it does have some advantages knowing these kinds of people. I also supply him with all the carbide burrs for drilling and grinding, so it all works out
I'm getting a good deal, each of my Implants are $1800.00

Eric
Old March 19th, 2017, 07:30 AM
72 Olds CS

Good luck and heal fast, dental pain can be rough
Old March 19th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
Good luck and heal fast, dental pain can be rough
Thanks I didn't think it would be that bad haha!! I've gone through 30 percocets but its settling down now. I get away with taking a couple a day now. The worst is over .......I think.

Eric