The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Dream interpretation?

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2016, 05:31 AM

Dream interpretation?

So, I thought I would share this with everybody since it's Oldsmobile related.

Last night I had a strange dream that I was removing the front seat from a 1973 Oldsmobile 98 ambulance. Interestingly, the rear of the ambulance still had all of the life saving equipment in it. Plus, I remember that the ambulance was yellow. At the end of the dream I was driving the ambulance and it started to rain heavily and storm.

I woke up at 0335 which is about 2 hours early for me. I couldn't get back to sleep (not unusual for me). The dream wasn't a nightmare, just odd.

I suppose I might have had this dream because the dash on my 71 98 is torn apart while I install a radio and speakers. Dreams are weird aren't they? Anyone else have any G / PG rated Oldsmobile dreams they would like to share? None of that R rated stuff where you wreck your Oldsmobile and it catches on fire!
Old December 21st, 2016, 06:14 AM

I had one a few years ago. Mine also had a 68 Oldsmobile ambulance with a twist. This one had a blower motor in the back, Air was inducted into engine from the front of car. Windows all black out. The Car had siren and lights White car red crosses on the black windows. My friend and i took it to the race track and stepped out of the car after a record pass.We were wearing lab coats with the stethoscopes hooked to the coats and our blue mask down in the throat area. They brought a live mike to us and said did you know you broke the track record? We replied the interns are not using a heart beat. We got a thunder rocket.So real in the dream i got up to see if there was a something going on when i woke up. Sad no such car in my garage.
Old December 21st, 2016, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by wr1970
Sad no such car in my garage.
If only our dreams came true so easily.
Old December 21st, 2016, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Olds64
If only our dreams came true so easily.
Yeah i think the root of the dream i had came from a search for a car that was rumored to have a 455 engine in it. Two years before the dream and a off the cuff remark i made to my buddy. Lets buy it and go to a olds national as doctors.
Old December 21st, 2016, 09:57 AM

At least you were't riding in the back.
Old December 21st, 2016, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rocketguy
At least you were't riding in the back.
x2
Old December 21st, 2016, 08:06 PM

I have vivid dreams at times and i wake up with a pounding heart..

my 3 most common, for most of my adult life involves work and cars

I was a bodyman the first half of my life, and my dreams are consistent, trying to build a car to deliver it..its always messed up..can get it done

the other is a junkyard find..always ends up with me buying a Buick Nail Head dual quad intake and a 65 Skylark GS i want and i always get close to the deal happening and the J/Y owner always backs out, and i wake up..when i was a kid i actually bought a Nail head set up for cheap...

I'm driving a Honda with a cute, skinny little brunette with a bobbed haircut...we pull into a garage, pull some kids out of the back seat, and i'm skinny again with dark hair again, and i know shes my wife, ... and i wake up..but have never met her in real life..weird..but i guess deep down its what i really want...except for the honda..lol

wheni say i have these often, i mean very often, especially trying to deliver the car..i have it a few times a month...i miss working on the line...but not enough to go back

Last edited by marxjunk; December 21st, 2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by marxjunk
wheni say i have these often, i mean very often
I know what you mean. Most of the time when I recall my dreams they are ones I have again and again. The one with the yellow Olds ambulance was a first though.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Olds64
I know what you mean. Most of the time when I recall my dreams they are ones I have again and again. The one with the yellow Olds ambulance was a first though.
X2 most of mine are repeat about racing. The ambulance one i had was very strange because i could see details that was just to real. Funny thing is i don't know squat about blower motors.