The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Open letter to my home owner's ASSociation

Old February 13th, 2016, 04:40 AM
344879M363895

Open letter to my home owner's ASSociation

Dear HOA,

I did promptly receive the letter you mailed out the other day for a violation of the community correctness code and I would like a chance to respond to it.

I fully understand my mailbox post is in complete disarray and what a burden this could be causing to resale values all over the nazihood. Please let it be known to the board that I will be repairing it as soon as I can. While it caught me by surprise a bit to have this issue pointed out in the MIDDLE OF FEBRUARY, I'm sure that the 30 degree temperatures are not an issue and I should do whatever I need to do to comply with the legislative body of the establishment.

When I painted the post TWO YEARS AGO, it was with paint that would stand the test of time. However, according to the celestial sunrise/moonset/tides/Janet Yellen/and/or Kardashians, I have somehow received some slight residue on the one side of the post. This must be the side you look at when you do your daily "patrols." And you must have someone with extremely good eyesight because I'm not on the side of the street with the sidewalk. And you know you aren't supposed to be within 30 feet of my property line...remember that restraining order???

Alas, all I can do is simply remedy the situation. Maybe if enough birds take a dump on that side of the post, it will certainly blend in with the only slightly dirty white paint and take the unsightly residue away. This is nothing a little bird seed and duct tape can't take care of. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to point out the problem to me. I hope you find my proposed resolution both effective and noteworthy. If this technique can help other residents improve the value of their property and their neighbor's properties, please spread the word. Or if you would like, I could simply tack some flyers on the side of my mailbox.
Old February 13th, 2016, 04:54 AM

Wow!!!

Hello:
I used to do repairs for a few of my father in laws friends who lived in a "Condom Community" he called it that because you said they were always screwing with him. The slightest thing done to the outside of the units had to go thru a board of "Bitter, Bored and Enlightened" condo members, mainly Older women who were waiting in Death's Green Room. I was instructed a couple of times to stop what I was working on because it had not been cleared with "The Board" I gave up trying and told them to hire a property management company and let them deal with the board members. It's a shame some people have nothing better to do than "Bully" people around. Even if the owners got permission to do the work, the board would try to hang around and micro manage the work.
Thanks, Ron
Old February 13th, 2016, 01:24 PM
71 cutlass convertible

They are all frustrated ex-class presidents that never amounted to anything. They are why I live in the country.
Old February 13th, 2016, 07:04 PM

[QUOTE=lshlsh2;895199]They are all frustrated ex-class presidents that never amounted to anything. They are
Can you say "head cheerleader syndrome ".
Railguy
Old February 13th, 2016, 08:06 PM
same but different

I dis-like it a great deal when an HOA or other entity can regulate your property. Couldn't live under those or other restrictions. Can't expect my neighbors to either.

Some people have nothing better to do.

BTW...really like that response.
Old February 13th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Senior Moment Member

"nazihood" LOL!
Old February 13th, 2016, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by lshlsh2
They are why I live in the country.
ditto.but not just the HOA's.

i lived in a small town and my kids car had a city tree fall on it in a storm and broke the back window,so we put some plastic in it as the glass was worth more then the car.plastic was nice and tight no wrinkles,month later deputy shows up says we have a junk car in the driveway.we had to prove current license and ins to city hall i thought WTH.
well about 6 months later the kids new car had a fuel line leak under the back seat so he had it jacked up on the driveway,it was late so couldn't get a hose.next morning he gets hose and it was fixed and on the road by noon.month later deputy shows up "we have a car on jacks in our driveway"again WTH.
so about a year later the kids living out of state but his car was still here.so he says to sell it he needs the money so we put it next to the driveway where i park my camper and truck during the summer.this is in april before i had the camper out of storage so what grass was growing up thru the crushed rock was dead.it sat there about 3-4 days and we sold it.well bout 3 weeks later here comes the deputy again says another complaint of a car parked on the grass this time it was WTF.told the wife i have had it, for sale sign goes up the next day.6 months later we are out in the country lovin it and ain't goin back.
Old February 13th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Senior Moment Member

I moved out of Ill Noise because I didn't like the mismanagement. Vote with your feet!
Old February 14th, 2016, 03:53 AM

I love the reply although I fear you will now incur further wraths from the Nazihood now you have stirred the asshats lol
Old February 14th, 2016, 02:30 PM

OK, I'll put my neck on the line and take the other side of the argument here. I also live in a neighborhood that has a homeowner's association, and I like the fact that they keep track of what people are doing to or on their properties. Everyone's home value is maintained and improved, everyone's quality of life is improved, when people keep their yards neat, their exterior items (mailboxes, sheds, etc.) in good repair, and don't park their junk cars, boats, trailers, or whatever in their yards. That's what people who live in trailer parks do.

The other comment I'll make is that you signed a piece of paper at the time you purchase your house stating that you will abide by the HOA covenants. It's rather childish to then turn around and complain about them later. Did you not read what you signed? Is your word that you will abide by them not good?

You want someone to blame? Look in the mirror. The requests being made of you to keep your property within the covenants are completely reasonable and were totally predictable by you. Because you did read what you signed, right? That you were asked to repair your mailbox, regardless of the time of year, was not unreasonable.

Last edited by jaunty75; February 14th, 2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old February 14th, 2016, 02:40 PM
344879M363895

Originally Posted by jaunty75
OK, I'll put my neck on the line and take the other side of the argument here. I also live in a neighborhood that has a homeowner's association, and I like the fact that they keep track of what people are doing to or on their properties. Everyone's home value is maintained and improved, everyone's quality of life is improved, when people keep their yards neat, their exterior items (mailboxes, sheds, etc.) in good repair, and don't park their junk cars, boats, trailers, or whatever in their yards. That's what people who live in trailer parks do.

The other comment I'll make is that you signed a piece of paper at the time you purchase your house stating that you will abide by the HOA covenants. It's rather childish to then turn around and complain about them later. Did you not read what you signed? Is your word that you will abide by them not good?

You want someone to blame? Look in the mirror. The requests being made of you to keep your property within the covenants are completely reasonable and were totally predictable by you. Because you did read what you signed, right? That you were asked to repair your mailbox, regardless of the time of year, was not unreasonable.
Still a free country as far as I know. I have the right to complain about everyone or anyone I want. This post is obviously made to get a reaction out of me...how I should look in the mirror because I am such a terrible person...oh my...and how I am a child and also how I am a liar and can't abide by the documents I agreed to at closing. Wow.

I think you are missing the point. This thread of mine was obviously meant as humorous. Nothing mentioning I am some sort of low life squirming neanderthal that doesn't know how to paint a mailbox or read a document until you came along.

Laugh a little. And get back on your patrol.
Old February 14th, 2016, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by 70-442-W30
I think you are missing the point. This thread of mine was obviously meant as humorous.
I certainly did miss your point. My apologies. Your original post did not come across as at all humorous, at least to me.
Old February 14th, 2016, 03:49 PM

Also, you don't have to live in a trailer park to park your junk cars & such in your yard.

You just need to live somewhere where the neighbors are ok with it or keep the stuff in the back yard out of sight of any potential problem causing neighbors.

The wife & I are trying to get a place out in the country where I can consolidate all my parts & cars in one location & run my own "vintage vehicle parts business"
Old February 14th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Senior Moment Member

I got it. The HOAs are a real PITA when they get nitpicky old maids on the board who have nothing better to do than walk around the neighborhood looking for very minor violations and blowing them out of proportion. You can have some fun with these folks you know.
I moved out of a house into a condo with an HOA. Per the rules, no statues are allowed. That bums me out because I have a statue of The Blessed Mother I really like. I haven't put it out, yet. I may stick it in the backyard area and see what they say.

Last edited by z11375ss; February 14th, 2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old February 14th, 2016, 05:01 PM
72Cutlass S

I lived in Los Angeles for over 40 years. Now I live in a community of around 350k residents instead of 3.5 mil. Next door to my small neighborhood is 2000 acres of ag land and our whole community is surrounded by farms and dairies. I will never live in a big metro area again. When we were looking for or house we looked at some neighborhoods with HOAs. I asked to look at the rules and regs and it was as thick as war and peace. We decided then to find something in a city ordenance ruled hood.
Old February 14th, 2016, 05:10 PM

Guys:
I have no problem living in a community where zoning is enforced, I don't want to look at somebody's El Camino up on blocks, but it is different when they tell you how to improve or what kind of improvements you can do.
Thanks, Ron
Old February 14th, 2016, 05:33 PM

Been there, done that with my HOA.

They put an item on the Annual Ballot to allow the Architectural Committee (AC) to sue an Owner for failing to pave the driveway. Only the ballot read in a way that would allow the AC to sue anyone, for anything, with no regard for severity of the issue, and no limits on cost or oversight of their actions.

My response was a letter to All Property Owners of my serious objection. And further, I had knowledge that the Architectural Committee Members had made changes on their property that were specifically against the Covenants. About a third of the Owners thanked me for the letter since they felt the same way.

For example, the all-electric infrastructure area was paid by the Utility, and the Covenants said no propane tanks for heating. I understood the two to be linked since it made sense. AT least two AC Members had installed such tanks.

I said I agreed to follow the Covenants and expected others to do the same, including the AC. If we do not like the Covenants, then let's change them. However, do not think that the AC can just 'approve' something that they like. In this case, my concern is that the Utility could come back and demand payment for electric installation.

My job requires a lot of compliance with regulations. Understanding the Covenants just took time to know what is in them. I was very familiar with what the Covenants allowed; And what they did not allow.

If you find where the HOA is making subjective decisions that are different for different Owners, then you have a legitimate reason to say that you are only following prior approved conditions. Document it. Get a witness. Date it. This will not make them happy, which was part of MY fun.

A topic that the HOA chimed in on later was antennas. That is covered and trumped by federal regulations. To which I said, follow the law!!

Oh, I also do not speak to my neighbors much anymore. I feel so bad.
Old February 14th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Senior Moment Member

I once was standing on my lawn speaking to my neighbor. A couple of cars drove past, the drivers being neighbors of ours. I said to my neighbor, "What the hell, nobody waves or anything." He said, "They wave to me all the time!" LOL!
Old February 14th, 2016, 06:16 PM

A good HOA set of rules is short and simple. Mine deals with our lake and is 12 items long. The problem lies in interpretation. Theoretically, a car being worked on should be on a jack for a day or less, thus no one should see it, or if they do, they should give it a day or so for the guy to work. But, if someone is bitching for one day, then you have a **** and you should not tolerate it.
Old February 14th, 2016, 07:12 PM
W30

Mine was complaining about my work pick up, because the company name is on the door ( about 1inch in height).
Whatever i did, they demanded i remove the truck.
The HOA rules state no commercial over 14.4gvw...abviously no one knows what that means.
So i had an extra 14gvw 16ft box truck with the company name all over it. That i began to park in the driveway. They garnished my taxes and had to go to the town court. I was granted in favor of being able to have my 14ft box truck at my house.
Im driving my pickup now, but it was a fun time. I dont like ******** lol
Old February 16th, 2016, 08:24 AM

HOA example Neighbor across the street has chickens. I am not allowed. People in this HOA have goats,horses and cows are allowed! I have five acres! Whats wrong with four or five chickens to get some eggs in a pen that is move able! Go figure!!
Old February 16th, 2016, 08:37 AM
344879M363895

The reason why I started this thread was primarily to complain a little about how I think having to paint a mailbox post in the middle of winter is absolutely crazy. There are some very valid violations that should never have a delay to resolving them, but there just is no common sense involved on the enforcement.

Do I want to be next to a neighbor who has a farm? Probably not. But then again, that for us is a city ordinance as well. A neighbor that has a junkyard? Nope that wouldn't work for me either. However, I go above and beyond to follow things in the neighborhood docs like asking for approval before projects are started (which many here apparently don't) and also I keep my garage door closed, except for when in use...as everyone is supposed to. You know, the perfect driver...never had a speeding ticket sort of thing...then I get written up for a mailbox post. Seems very petty to me. Life is not perfection. I mean, the split rail fence of the one person on the HOA is falling apart. Come on. The plank in your own eye thing in the Bible seems applicable here.
Old February 16th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Oldsdruid

Of course it's petty. Pettiness and nitpickery in my experience are requirements for HOA ***** and corporate safety people.

I have 7 acres near Virginia International Raceway. Been in my family since 1949. One of my great fears is when the lady who owns the adjoining farm dies, her kids will sell or subdivide it and I'll suddenly have a next-door HOA to deal with. The local county government is all too willing to accommodate VIR due to the tax base, and a restricted (high tax base) community with idiot covenants would be approved, no questions asked.
Old February 17th, 2016, 09:52 AM

The community correctness crowd obviously haven't had a piece of anything in years and they can't even pleasure themselves so they take out their frustrations on everybody else.
Old February 14th, 2017, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by 49rocket88
why , oh why in the world would you buy property under the control fo an hoa in the first place?????????they are nothing but a pain in the a** of anybody that actually has a life other than worry about EVERYBODY ELSE
Two comments.

1. You're responding to a year-old thread.

2. As much as you might like to, in some areas of the country, it is almost impossible, unless you buy way out in the country, to buy a house that isn't under the control of an HOA or at least covenants that outline things you can and cannot do on or with your property. Many make sense, and they're in place to preserve the value of your property and the quality of life for you and your neighbors.

No one likes to see junk cars in their neighbor's yards or any cars parked in the yard. Cars belong in the garage, in the driveway, or on the street.

No one wants to live next door to someone raising chickens or goats or who knows what.

No one wants to live next to or near a property where the lawn is ignored, weeds are growing unchecked, there is litter in the yard, etc.

No one wants to live near or next to a house that has been painted purple with green polka dots.

Yes, your home is your castle, but when you do things to your castle that impinge on the value or enjoyment I get out of MY castle, then I'm going to have something to say about it.
Old February 15th, 2017, 03:28 AM
Lansing built

As much as I hate to agree with Jaunty! He is 100% correct.

I and my wife spend a lot of time sprucing up our house with flowers, landscaping, lawn care including weed treatment and fertilizer. We make the proper choice of details on the house including paint and I even hand clean my siding once a year. (damn trees).

Our cars are parked on the drive or garaged and everyone is always clean and plated.

Now on the down side I have two rentals adjacent to my property and another two that border my property those are actual owners. Each and everyone of those owners and rentals allow their grass to grow up to 6" before cutting! To long and creates wind rows, let alone the stress on the mower. The rental people don't clear the sidewalks of snow, even though they live directly across from a school.

Plus side is that we do have people that are out walking by most say you have a nice place, lawn or cars. That right there makes the time and effort worth it!

Pat
Old February 15th, 2017, 05:18 AM

The city I live in is almost exclusively HOAs. My wife and I bought a home in Logan county so we wouldn't have to deal with an HOA. Edmond schools, Logan county taxes oh yeah!

I participate in the community road maintenance board. The county levies a tax on all the home owners in the neighborhood and the money is to maintain the roads. Thankfully, even the 20 year old by laws are far from an HOA agreement. They just dictate how the board is chosen and voted upon. Some of the board members (older women) commented on a few distressed properties in the neighborhood. Ultimately, nothing was done about them because we aren't an HOA.
Old February 15th, 2017, 05:31 AM

When we got there back in May, the first thing my wife said was "what a terrible looking mailbox post" lol. We understand why they are complaining about it . We would move down that way but the mailbox post just killed it for us. Not now!
Old February 15th, 2017, 05:45 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I know this thread is a year old.

No one likes to see junk cars in their neighbor's yards or any cars parked in the yard. Cars belong in the garage, in the driveway, or on the street.

No one wants to live next door to someone raising chickens or goats or who knows what.

No one wants to live next to or near a property where the lawn is ignored, weeds are growing unchecked, there is litter in the yard, etc.

No one wants to live near or next to a house that has been painted purple with green polka dots.
No one? I frankly couldn't give a tinker's damn about any of these.
So long as my neighbors are not bothering me, I have no interest in bothering them, or in any aspect of how they live their lives.

We have local people with old cars, people with chickens and goats, people with a variety of landscaping tastes, I park my cars on the lawn when I feel like it, and a couple of local business owners pay to park their cars on my lawn, I leave cars up on jacks when I need to, and my house is (pale) purple.

Yes, your home is your castle, but when you do things to your castle that impinge on the value or enjoyment I get out of MY castle, then I'm going to have something to say about it.
If you said it to me, the police would be escorting you off my land with a trespass warning.
The next visit would be unpleasant.

- Eric
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:37 AM

HOA's are anti-American. The way the natural world (and the USA used to) work is that the powerful imposed order, and that was how it was. If you were a bitch (ie, not powerful) and you saw something you didn't like, you had two choices, either become not a bitch, thus powerful, and do something about it, or shut up.

The problem is twofold, one, the bitches now have a voice, and two, they are concerned about petty BS. When you are your own man, you are not bothered by petty BS, and, if you deem a concern of yours to NOT be petty BS, you simply go handle it, instead of anonymous complaints to a HOA or a police dept.

That being said, I have to deal with a small one, as my subdivision has a lake and we maintain it. Someone DID get annoyed at the length of my grass last year (I had a small push mower only) and blitzed my front yard so now I have dead spots. It'll grow back, and I brought my mower up from Florida.
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:32 AM

Two comments.

2. As much as you might like to, in some areas of the country, it is almost impossible, unless you buy way out in the country, to buy a house that isn't under the control of an HOA or at least covenants that outline things you can and cannot do on or with your property. Many make sense, and they're in place to preserve the value of your property and the quality of life for you and your neighbors.

I am thankful not to live next door to this poster! Seems to be busy body.I had no idea my home was a hoa till signing of the contract closing.You can find plenty of property that do not have hoa rules. If i ever move i will ask that question first.Property **** i am not.
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:46 AM

Above is all that really should be said, don't like it, move!
Old February 15th, 2017, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by RonFX
Hello:
I used to do repairs for a few of my father in laws friends who lived in a "Condom Community" he called it that because you said they were always screwing with him. The slightest thing done to the outside of the units had to go thru a board of "Bitter, Bored and Enlightened" condo members, mainly Older women who were waiting in Death's Green Room. I was instructed a couple of times to stop what I was working on because it had not been cleared with "The Board" I gave up trying and told them to hire a property management company and let them deal with the board members. It's a shame some people have nothing better to do than "Bully" people around. Even if the owners got permission to do the work, the board would try to hang around and micro manage the work.
Thanks, Ron
Sounds EXACTLY like the community my mother lives in. I've done some work for her and a few friends and even the head (at the time) of the HOA. The other "old" ladies called her "Nora the ****". One day she came over to complain about some work I was doing, telling me how it isn't board approved and I must stop immediately. She was no longer on the board at that point. Told her that although she didn't hire me and wasn't paying me I'd be happy to stop as soon as she paid for the days work, I am only beholden to the person I signed the construction contract with. (which has an HOA approval is up to the homeowner clause) She stalked off and has never hired me again. The work was already approved and the new head of the HOA was intentionally keeping her out of the loop.
She would always hang around and watch us work and my old partner started using coarse language in an attempt to run her off. She left and wrote a note she put on the fence after we were gone for the day mentioning crude, obnoxious, obscene behavior. He still has it hanging in his shop on the wall. Her original complaint? The cedar fence we were installing was "dirty" on one side. Fresh cedar straight from the lumber yard. Yep my partner started cussing. I pointed out to her the next day the HOA rules don't say anything about the cleanliness of the cedar used.
I moved to a neighborhood with no HOA on purpose. It did not stop a neighbor from complaining about a car we legally park on the street in front of our house during the day. Tagged, inspected, running driving car. Never there unmoved longer than 8 -10 hours. When her complaints got a polite, no, It's my house I'll park there if I like, the city laws show it's legal. She started writing anonymous notes and putting them in the mailbox. I then parked my old 83 Dodge work truck in front of her house for a week. Moving it up a few feet one day and back a few feet the next. She complained to the police, who talked to me and I explained the whole situation, where as she had just said illegally parked (not) neighbor's truck in front of her house. Police basically told her to leave me alone and asked me not to park in front of her home anymore. She has been behaving for about a year now. Oh she doesn't live on my street, she lives one block over, can't even see my house from hers and she is known around the neighborhood for calling code enforcement on everyone for everything.

Last edited by texxas; February 15th, 2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old February 15th, 2017, 11:05 AM

I told my wife before we ever got our first house that if I can't go outside and pee in the yard, I can't live there.
Old February 15th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by texxas
... she doesn't live on my street, she lives one block over, can't even see my house from hers and she is known around the neighborhood for calling code enforcement on everyone for everything.
I'm a bit surprised she hasn't discovered her windows spontaneously breaking, or a surprising accumulation of canine residue on her lawn.

- Eric
Old February 15th, 2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by boese1978

Above is all that really should be said, don't like it, move!
What part of i have been doing as the hoa says. I questioned why a horse, cow,goats,ect are better than 4/5 chickens in a pen that moves around on my five acres. The man across the street has chickens. I am not in any town or city limits. I don't rat on my neighbors. One neighbors has chickens is in the hoa that i am in. My plan is to go before the membership and have it changed without ratting on my neighbor.
Old February 15th, 2017, 02:01 PM
btw
Smokin' BBQ Member

Two comments.

I'm responding to your thread on a year-old thread. Personally, I love the country. The OP and I live in the same zip code, he in the city and I am in the country. My neighbor has cows, chickens, donkeys and horses. My dogs like to visit which means they are off-leash. We get range-free eggs and trade with the neighbors for the heaps of garden vegetables we grow every year. Sometimes one of my 5 vehicles is parked on the drive, in the yard or somewhere in the woods behind and around my house where trees and vegetation are growing freely.

The ONLY restrictive covenant on my road is that if a secondary garage faces the road, the front facade of said garage must match the facade of the residential structure. No covenants against peeing in the yard and discharging a weapon against snakes and vermin coming from the woods.

I'm HOA-free and plan to stay that way for a long time.
Old February 15th, 2017, 07:21 PM

I 'am looking at property in Idaho as I type but I exclude any with HOAs and it isn't necessary that I have neighbors,in fact it's better if I don't. There will be a rifle range and where I pee is nobody's business but mine. I'm very social at shows and such but kinda a recluse on my own time.I suppose barn type animals bother some, me I was raised on a farm so I suppose I'm a hick to some.My place is a nice home and there are times when something is on jack stands for a week or more, please don't look if it bothers you ,(you couldn't if you wanted to I'm a 100 yards off the gravel road back in the woods) and that's the way I like it...... Still lost in the fifties ...Tedd
Old February 16th, 2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by MDchanic
I'm a bit surprised she hasn't discovered her windows spontaneously breaking, or a surprising accumulation of canine residue on her lawn.

- Eric
She has two little cast iron scottie dog signs in the squat position with a big NO! over each in her yard. I thought about dumping a big pile behind each sign dog.
Old February 16th, 2017, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by texxas
Sounds EXACTLY like the community my mother lives in. I've done some work for her and a few friends and even the head (at the time) of the HOA. The other "old" ladies called her "Nora the ****". One day she came over to complain about some work I was doing, telling me how it isn't board approved and I must stop immediately. She was no longer on the board at that point. Told her that although she didn't hire me and wasn't paying me I'd be happy to stop as soon as she paid for the days work, I am only beholden to the person I signed the construction contract with. (which has an HOA approval is up to the homeowner clause) She stalked off and has never hired me again. The work was already approved and the new head of the HOA was intentionally keeping her out of the loop.
She would always hang around and watch us work and my old partner started using coarse language in an attempt to run her off. She left and wrote a note she put on the fence after we were gone for the day mentioning crude, obnoxious, obscene behavior. He still has it hanging in his shop on the wall. Her original complaint? The cedar fence we were installing was "dirty" on one side. Fresh cedar straight from the lumber yard. Yep my partner started cussing. I pointed out to her the next day the HOA rules don't say anything about the cleanliness of the cedar used.
I moved to a neighborhood with no HOA on purpose. It did not stop a neighbor from complaining about a car we legally park on the street in front of our house during the day. Tagged, inspected, running driving car. Never there unmoved longer than 8 -10 hours. When her complaints got a polite, no, It's my house I'll park there if I like, the city laws show it's legal. She started writing anonymous notes and putting them in the mailbox. I then parked my old 83 Dodge work truck in front of her house for a week. Moving it up a few feet one day and back a few feet the next. She complained to the police, who talked to me and I explained the whole situation, where as she had just said illegally parked (not) neighbor's truck in front of her house. Police basically told her to leave me alone and asked me not to park in front of her home anymore. She has been behaving for about a year now. Oh she doesn't live on my street, she lives one block over, can't even see my house from hers and she is known around the neighborhood for calling code enforcement on everyone for everything.
You should love this. I know the guy that owns it and it has been an "interesting" year to say the least.

EDIT: ok, so the link isn't working. Click on the top one in this search.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ailer+facebook

Last edited by svnt442; February 16th, 2017 at 04:18 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Open letter to my home owner's ASSociation