The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Open letter to my home owner's ASSociation

Old February 16th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I think this is the link you want:

Facebook Post

- Eric

edit: Wow. That's weird. The link just disappears.

It's "misunderstoodtrailer" at FaceBook (facebook.com slash misunderstoodtrailer)
Old February 16th, 2017, 07:33 PM

Poor trailer, the neighbors have even hacked the links.
Old February 17th, 2017, 10:28 AM
It's a Cutlass.

I don't live in an HOA, hope I never do. I do understand what some are saying about if you signed a paper before moving in, you can't complain. BUT, sometimes after one moves in, the rules change (not always in a reasonable or fair way), or are enforced unevenly. To that I say thank God I don't live in one of those places. Some people thrive on drama, and there's no getting away from it entirely, we even have some at the Legion. I just try to stay out of it.
Old February 17th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Runner

I pay $65/yr in HOA fees and I know they go to helping out a local park so I don't mind that and neighbor kid outdoor movie events and such. I made sure to not live in a neighborhood that had ridiculous HOAs.

I had an old co-worker that bought a new truck and it was too tall for his garage. His HOAs had a rule that no cars could be parked in driveways over night (yes, your own vehicle can't be in your own driveway)!! His wife worked at the same company so they drove her car and he had to leave his truck parked at the work's garage. Have inlaws that spend ~$200/mo to have a neighborhood pool. Obviously they new that moving in.

I guess there is an HOA for everyone.
Old February 19th, 2017, 01:44 PM

You folks have really opened my eyes to the problems of living in a civilized society. Before the town that has ignored all the wonderful iron that I have accumulated over the years, decides to send me a notice to get rid of everything, I will be calling the local scrap yard, and have them tow all the cars away. It sure will be a shame to see all those valuable, rare, and desirable 442 and Starfires gone, but I don't want to offend any of my neighbors. Thanks to all for giving me a heads up on what this world has come to.
Old February 19th, 2017, 04:00 PM
72 Olds CS

junkman I can help you out I'm just north of you in mass I'll take the 442 stuff...no room for starfire stuff tho
Old February 20th, 2017, 08:07 AM

Got a new note in the mailbox, same hand writing, same author, apparently I'm now lowering the property value of the homes in the neighborhood by parking in the street.
I've got to believe this lady is actually crazy. Time to go park around the block again. I may have to go get a fresh load of manure in the back of the truck first. It IS time to start spring yard work in these parts.
Old February 20th, 2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
junkman I can help you out I'm just north of you in mass I'll take the 442 stuff...no room for starfire stuff tho

Too late... the junkman is giving me $75 a car, and dragging them off the hill as I type. The only happy person about this clean out is my wife. When the driver comes to the door to get the titles, she puts out her hand and collects all the money!
Old March 13th, 2017, 08:59 AM

"HOA's are for people like us." - Dad

I have actually lived in two houses that were controlled by HOA's, one in Texas and one in Louisiana. The one in Louisiana was more laid back, and the property values actually increased. The one in Texas was run by ****'s, and every house that sold lost money.

I understand some people like HOA's and some hate them. I am currently buying a house that is not covered by one, and I do not believe I will ever live where one is again.